Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: B series engine mounts!!! READ!!!

LX User
    Vehicle
    1987 HONDA ACCORD 1.6 EX
    Jigga89SEI, I think you can use the stock axles of Accord, but you need to cut and
    balance the passenger side axle, please read here:

https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=33095

So you just need to measure and cut-balance your stock passenger side axle...

For wiring harness I strongly recomend use a stand alone ECU like POWER FC ( APEXI)
    or DFI, or AEM............solves a lot of problems for the swap.

The shift linkage I think is just shortened and you must cut and weld your stock
    shift-linkage ..........and many peaple have done this without use place racing's
    shift linkage(who has done the same job, shortened your core-stock shift-linkage).

For power steering bracket and A/C bracket i don't know but maybe you must use the
    new 'b' series compressors together with the new engine.

The only real problem are the mounts, so if there are still people in the site who care about this swap i thing the best thing is to copy place racing mounts in
    one machine shop.

For TURBO-NITRO route, old A20-B20a are nice engines and i don't think that is
    real need of a new B series engine swap.
    For N/A power newer B series are much better because of the Huge aftermarket suport
    and the availiability of parts....
    ACCORD 3G RUNS FOR EVER

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Accord LXi Hatch
    Anyone still interested in loaning out their mount kits? The more complete the better. If you are, let me know what you have in mind as far as collateral, or trades. Mind you that I'm a fabricator for Weapon*R, so I can work out some good deals =) I plan to copy these, and keep the specs, so these may be available when i'm done. Please email me at [email protected] . TIA!!!
    Ray Fong
    Owner/Engineer
    Racetek Engineering
    http://www.racetekengineering.com
    1986 Accord LX-i Hatch
    B16a3 motorswap, BAR approved

Vehicle
    87LX / 86LXiHB / 90CRXSi(b16a) all gone... 91CRXSi(b16a) ...round two
    hey man, that sounds like a promising offer... I should be working at a small machine shop this summer, apparently they have alot of time between jobs, so i may be able to do some fabrication as well if i need to.

Any chance you could map out an intake system for your 3gee? I saw that you can send your specs in and you make the intake based on the specs...
    Last edited by sporkHSP; 12-16-2004 at 02:31 AM.
    garagement racing

stlhondas.com

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    if you think that someone is going to pull out their mounts and give it to you, you are out of luck. no one is going to do that. there are handfull people who done this swap and they aren't going to share.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    I wouldnt expect someone to pull the mounts out, but i thought that there was at least one set that had not been put in yet... didn't ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› just sell all his PRI stuff? and 88LXi68 is selling his coupe... if i had the money, id buy it and avoid having to swap my hatch, but I cant come up with the cash as of now.
    garagement racing

stlhondas.com

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    It's funny that when this stuff was available everyone bashed the swap and said it was a waste of money and that a turbo A20 is much better. Now everyone is wanting to do the swap again. What gives?
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

SEi User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDX89
    It's funny that when this stuff was available everyone bashed the swap and said it was a waste of money and that a turbo A20 is much better. Now everyone is wanting to do the swap again. What gives?
    exactly

Vehicle
    I never hated the b-series idea, but this summer a friend of mine got a JDM SiR b16 put in his 97 HX and now i understand the joys of all motor b series engines. Im still poor, but if i could make some mounts it would be alot more affordable since i have a good shot at being able to get all of the swap parts. and since i have a hatch with 230k miles on the odom. I am consitering all of the options.
    garagement racing

stlhondas.com

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    I guess it would just be nice to have this kind of support again. Not that many would buy them but at least the possibility is there. The price for that B series mount from placeracing was a bit steep tough.

That's why I wend with the B20A route. I got a complete engine for less than the price of the engine mounts themselves...

If the price is comparable to the other B series mounts, many people would make the jump.

IMO, the BEST thing would be to get K series mounts.......

Racetek82, If you are a fabricator/engineer for Weapon-R and have access to a 3rdgen Accord. My best bet for the future would be to make a K series mount kit.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    The reason the mounts were so expensive is because the market for them was so small and they needed to recoup they're R&D costs. If the market for them had been larger, the price of the mounts would have come down. Look at the Hasport mounts for 84-87 Civic. They are just as expensive as PRI mounts were for us. However, the're Integra and EG and EK mounts are significantly less.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Accord LXi Hatch
    I own a 3rd Gen myself...an 86 LXi hatch. I thouught about the K-series swap, but decided againt it for a few reasons. First is because I had a B16A2 sitting here staring at me, but no K20 or K24.....and because if these guys can barely afford to do a B-series swap, then a K-series is definitely out of the question. Now I know someone has an uninstalled PRI kit, just waiting for them to share =)
    Ray Fong
    Owner/Engineer
    Racetek Engineering
    http://www.racetekengineering.com
    1986 Accord LX-i Hatch
    B16a3 motorswap, BAR approved

Vehicle
    B series engines are the cheapest alternative we have. im not looking for uber fast, i just want lower milage and more power than i currently have, id take a jdm b20 if i could get it in 5speed, but they only seem to come up when i have no money. making mounts for this would make it easier to swap when i have the engine (which is easier to get).
    garagement racing

stlhondas.com

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    Quote Originally Posted by racetek82
    I own a 3rd Gen myself...an 86 LXi hatch. I thouught about the K-series swap, but decided againt it for a few reasons. First is because I had a B16A2 sitting here staring at me, but no K20 or K24.....and because if these guys can barely afford to do a B-series swap, then a K-series is definitely out of the question. Now I know someone has an uninstalled PRI kit, just waiting for them to share =)
    A K-series swap would be uber expensive. Considering the engines are only 2 years old, they can cost as much as 6 grand. Then there's the OBD 2, hydraulic clutch, and cable shifter issues. Someone with a shit load of money who doesn't really care where it goes would be a good candidate for this swap.

Vehicle
    ill stick with b series options unless someone designs a mount kit for H22's, then ill gladly go that way.
    garagement racing

stlhondas.com

Vehicle
    Well, the B series are really good engines. If someone is willing to share, that would be awesome. However, the K series engines will become more and more and more available throughout the next years. Every single new 4cyl Honda has a K series Engine (except the civic). Cable shifters and hydraulic clutch aren't that much of a problem.

I would gladly swap a B series engine in my Accord but I kinda already have one :P

I need these parts!

Vehicle
    90 civic hb R.I.P. , 2002 EBP EM2<<figure it out..its not that hard
    i think everybody here is tryin to say that more people would do the b-series swap if they could get the mounts cheaper. i know i would if it wouldnt cost as much. i mean you spend more on the mounts and axles then you would for the engine and trans. someone correct me if im wrong but thats pretty much what everybody is saying
    b u n n y · t y p e R
    "the bunny liked the go-faster stripes... but wasn't too keen on the rear spoiler and ridiculous bodykit"

Vehicle
    Yup.

Axles aren't that hard to come by. i'm sure that PRI didn't make custm length axles but just mismatched parts from other Hondas...

What we need is a cheap route for the mounts. Once the engine sits in the car, the rest is a piece of cake.

I need these parts!

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 prelude si A20a3
    i'll be making my own this summer. i always seem to forget about this site but i will try and remember to post them up when they are done. btw this will be into a prelude. my sister does have a 3g accord that is about to die so it's possible i could use that to make some accord mounts. we'll see how it goes.
    87 prelude si
    87 non-turbo supra

Vehicle
    1993 Nissan 240sx coupe
    I'm new here, but I'll introduce myself properly in the correct forum. Has anyone actually discussed this situation with pri? I checked their site today and it was updated just earlier this month and so would appear that they are still in business and just currently overhauling their website. Either way I have emailed them to inquire about whether or not the parts are still available.

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    Their website looks the same as it has the past 2 years.

Vehicle
    1993 Nissan 240sx coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDX89
    Their website looks the same as it has the past 2 years.
    I haven't ever been there before so I wouldn't know, but according the the page properties it's been updated as of the beginning of January.

Vehicle
    18 yr old Prelude, the one with the pop up headlamps. B20 (prototype for the 3g Prelude) ...but in the lighter car, with big brakes
    R.E. the front crossmembers.

When I did my 'B' series swap and swapped the front crossmember on a 2g Prelude I learnt the Two 2g Prelude chassis' that were made (AB&BA) the BA is a wider chassis and sounds about right for this crossmember (BA) to bolt right up to the accord.
    Therefore i had to modify the crossmember to make it fit my AB chassis.
    So assuming NIGHT'S 2g Prelude is the narrower AB chassis, we understand the 2g teg crossmember bolted upright.
    Blah.
    My point being, you accord guys just need to modify the crossmember as i did to make the teggy one fit!

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    in what fashion did you have to modify the crossmember? do all the other mounts line up? what else is needed to make this work?

Vehicle
    18 yr old Prelude, the one with the pop up headlamps. B20 (prototype for the 3g Prelude) ...but in the lighter car, with big brakes
    Sorry man i only installed a B20A1 but my point was the prelude has a wide chassis too

Vehicle
    1998 VT Commodore 50th Anniversary Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Civvy
    Sorry man i only installed a B20A1 but my point was the prelude has a wide chassis too
    Civvy, i've just recently become aware of you -- correct me if i'm wrong but you've got a 2nd gen prelude which you've put a 3rd gen B20 in, now you may or may not know but how much different is the 2nd prelude engine bay, chassis from a 3rd gen accord?

I remember some mob a while back trying to do a b20a1 into an accord, and they apprently gave up because of all the mucking around to get to fit. ANd the fact that it leans back rather than forward, however for someone with a turbo setup it would obviously provide more front room.

You got photo's of your setup?
    Cocaine's A Helluva Drug! - Rick James
    I really fracked things up for you Bill - Colonel Tigh
    Girl we couldn't get much Higher! - Light My Fire