Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: B series engine mounts!!! READ!!!

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

B series engine mounts!!! READ!!!

Ok, there are quite alot of rumors that placeracing will go out of business (or already has)

Can anyone fonfirm if this is true or not?!?!?!?

If they go out of business, we'll be losing their support for B series engine mounts for our cars. This is a major problem that needs to be adressed.

If they really go out of business, we have 3 solutions.

1- We buy their spec sheets for the B series mounts and start to have them made by another company (which I think is the good approach)

2- We ask another company to do the R & D to make the custom mounts (if they are willing to do it)

3-. We get some unused mounts and have them copied. It's not a legal thing to do but if they went out of business, I guess it will be legal. I don't want them to lose some money because someone just copied the mounts but if they don't have a business anymore, it won't hurt anybody.

I heard that the Placeracing mounts weren't that geat in term of fitment. is that true?

For the guys that went with home made mounts. what did you use? modified integra mounts? Civic mounts?

We need to share all of our knowledge here because we would be losing one of our major aftermarket support.

Think of all the performance parts availability when it comes to B series engines.

The 3geez community needs your help!!!

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX
    I have thought about this too... I have heard from many people that placeracing parts are not of the best quality, so they don;'t seem to care... I think this is a pretty big problem for us 3geers...

I personally want to do a b-series swap into my accord, and I'm almost thinking about taking my car down to hasport next summer and getting them to make mounts and other necessary parts. I think something like this almost needs to be done, and as far as I'm concerned, hasport is probably the biggest name in Honda engine swaps.

I plan on contacting them soon to see the possibility, and possible costs of a project like this, and I will let you know what happens.

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    I would have preferred Hasport products myself but didn't much choice at the time. I was thinking of contacting them about it but I'm not driving all the way to Arizona if they need a car to try it on. As far as PRI, their customer service sucks. You can hardly ever get a hold of them and they take forever to get shit together. The fitment seems ok but the quality is questionable. I broke the PS pump bracket in half and have no idea how. I plan on adding a lot of power to my engine so I may have to go custom at some point.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '85 lude
    get a 2gen teg front crossbar and bolt it up, set the motor in, bolt that front mount, then have the others made. i dunno accords, but if all the axles are the same as the 88-9 LXi then they will go right into the tranny. same length. dont need 3rd piece.

im fixing to do this and i can make templates of the mounts i make if yall can be patient :p

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LXi, Coupe & Sedan

I'm for pooling our resources.

Again if we don't, the limits of our modifications is at hand. And this is something that should not be allowed to happen.
    Phil

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    Well nicht, if the front crossbar bolts without modifications, this indeeds solves the front mount problem. The side and rear shouldn't be that hard to do once you have a starting point.

It's all a matter of getting aftermarket support. These days, most companies will concentrate on K series engines.... I dunno if we can get mounts done for this but if we lose our B series mounts, we're not on the good way.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    so if the g2 front member fits then we can use that in conjunction with the 3 PRI mounts we already have and make it a 4mount system? That may cure the ripping of the rear mount.
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lxi, 1968 Ford F-250
    i have my hatch apart and would love to get a b series (b20a5) and put it in the car, so i'd be willing to make some mounts or finding ways to make it fit easily.

(oh yah this isn't silverslayer9000 this is Immeraufdemhund)

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    Quote Originally Posted by 88LXi68
    so if the g2 front member fits then we can use that in conjunction with the 3 PRI mounts we already have and make it a 4mount system? That may cure the ripping of the rear mount.
    Exactly what I'm thinking. If it fits, I'm gonna do it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by silverslayer9000
    i have my hatch apart and would love to get a b series (b20a5) and put it in the car, so i'd be willing to make some mounts or finding ways to make it fit easily.
    We're talking about the VTEC B's here.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    The 2g teg front crossmember won't bolt up. The Preludes are narrower in the front than the 3g Accords. I measured all three of my cars, so I know, heh.

Now, as to mounts, you can always use the drivers and passanger side brackets from a 2g teg, but again, the Accord is wider, so it won't work as well. The drivers side you can leave stock, and then measure to death from there. There are sufficent pictures wondering around of the side mount bracket PRI made, so someone should be able to fabricate a piece from those pics if they are good or have a good machine shop.
    Last edited by MoonScryer; 10-08-2004 at 08:53 AM.

Vehicle
    B20A SEi
    I'd be very surprised if Placeracing would sell the schematics for their mounts for a reasonable price. It would probably be cheaper to just buy a set of mounts and make copies. If I could get my hands on a set, I know I could fabricate copies pretty easily. I've always thought there was a market for the B series mounts, but not at $500+ per set. I think about half that would be reasonable retail price.

Also, does anyone know what has to be done to make axles fit? Is it just a matter of mixing and matching axles and CV joints or do you actually need to cut and weld the axles?

Gregg

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '85 lude
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonScryer
    The 2g teg front crossmember won't bolt up. The Preludes are narrower in the front than the 3g Accords. I measured all three of my cars, so I know, heh.
    hmmm... thats odd. guess yall are shit out of luck then. cuz it bolts right up to mine

Vehicle
    87LX / 86LXiHB / 90CRXSi(b16a) all gone... 91CRXSi(b16a) ...round two
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg86DX
    I've always thought there was a market for the B series mounts, but not at $500+ per set. I think about half that would be reasonable retail price.
    Gregg
    b-series mounts for like 300!!! i would buy those wicked fast. I have a hatch with 230,000 miles that would love a vtec heart transplant.
    garagement racing

stlhondas.com

Vehicle
    ???
    id go b-series in a heartbeat if the price became reasonable!

(i know this doesnt help the thread; just trying to show that their IS interest!)
    I havent forgotten my roots

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '85 lude
    well i was seeing if i could still help all you accord monkeys, but it might not be that easy. my car frame to frame is 55.5.
    an 88 4-door accord is 56.75, and an 89 coupe is 57.25.
    but the 3 12 valve mounts would all be the same obviously, so only a slotted or universal drilled tranny mount should be necessary.

we have a welder here and my boss is pretty good at it, so we *may* can work out something.
    Last edited by night; 10-08-2004 at 12:18 PM.

Vehicle
    Well there seems to be quite a bit of interest here, and I must say the main drawback for me with the PRI mounts was the price, it was much to high, and you could never get in contact with them.

PM ME IF YOUR ARE SERIOUS ABOUT A MOUNT KIT.

I will then forward that info to Hasport, I would be willing to make the trip down in spring to get them to make mounts, and I will contact them with the initial number of people and see what I can do about cost and them making the kits.

Vehicle
    2013 Tricycle

out of it

Anyone who is trying to do a B-series swap right now and was hoping to get mounts from PRI, you's outa luck. PRI is officially out of business (in case people didn't know). My brother, Jigga89SEi is trying to put a GSR into his SE-i and upon calling some portion of PRI's barely lingering business he discovered that they ARE out of business. He told me this tonight and also asked me to come on 3geez and find out what people are doing as an alternative. Well... guess I found my answer... nothing. Well hey. I, Josh, 89ninjaaccordlx, have a set of PRI mounts, shift linkage, wiring harness, and axles sitting behind me in the basement. If anyone needs to use the mounts to get copies, and you can come up with some sort of colateral for me to hold onto, shoot me a PM.

By the way, im rolling around naked on the mounts right now. God I love em. hahahahahahahahahahahaah jk. GET AT ME!

Vehicle
    Hahahha ... where abouts are you located? I'm not sure if I could do this right away, but probably soon... I am going to be visited my grandparents in Tucson, and could probably make my way to Hasport with the mounts if they would do something like that.? ... I'm definately calling them tommorow.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Im not surprised about this news but it does suck for people wanting to do a swap. But if your willing to do some leg work i guarantee you someone will make a kit. But you have to be willing to put the effort in and maybe give your car up as a donor.

Vehicle
    2013 Tricycle
    Well... since the leg work needed to accomplish this task appears to me to require way above the amount of energy I'm willing to put into it...

NOT IT!

Not that I havn't bent over backwards for 3geez members before... but I'm so busy right now. On this one, you guys are on your own. I live in Northern VA right now so if anyone is in the neighborhood and wants to borrow these mounts, PM me. In exchange for the mounts, I require you leave a small child in my custody until they are returned. LoL.

Yo, the game Street Racing Syndicate sucks ass. That's random and I figgered I'd throw it in.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    Quote Originally Posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
    Quote Originally Posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
    For the right price I would be willing to remove my 3 mounts, bracket & Linkage. You Also have to take into consideration the axle situation. I also doubt Hasport would make Accordb Mounts, since the B series is a dying breed and they wouldn't make any profit out of this. Your best bet to convince a smaller company to make the mounts. I'm pretty sure they can probably match Civic mounts to the Accord mounts. The biggest problem would be the rear mount, since ours is centered and the B mount is towards the passenger side and the Accord cross member gets thinner towards that side. The tranny side should be pretty easy to a good welded. Take into consideration that the non popular Hasport Mounts are $600, which the Accord would be considered, since a few ppl will do them. As for Certain Ppl talking shyt about the Quality of PRI Vs Hasport, ur Full of BS. They are both the same quality, but the design is a bit funky on the PRI side, but what do you expect when they have probably have sold less than 10 of these mount kits. OSS,ME, CIVTEC,WICKEDACCORD,NINJA,88LXi68, SOME DUDE in Hawaii are the only ppl who have bought them from this site. So send me money and I'll rip those sucked for the wasted cause.

Time to pat my own back.. I barely loss off the roll to a certain Built LS/VTEC, but make u sure u bring it down in Nov. W/ a completely stock head, Non functional Dual Butterfly system, no iacv. He killed me off the line. Time I EMARH ppl!

Vehicle
    1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i, 1989 Sei(Project Honda SVX)
    I'm going to attempt to make the mounts as soon as Josh brings them to me from NOVA.... I have access to a welder and torch at work... There is a good machine shop right down the street where I hope to get the templates made out of billited aluminum.. I've never attempted anything of this nature but I believe I can do it.... If all goes well I'll let you know...

I was also told the shiftlinkage from the accord could be bent to fit the B-series if this is true... I have the torch to do so...

Does anyone know specs on the axles?
    I believe it is a bseries inner boot with the shaft and outter boot of the accord... If I'm wrong please let me know....

The only major issue I see is the harness... I'm not lookin forward to doing this myself but the SEi engine won't last much longer so I have no other choice...

I'll keep you all posted on my progress... Wish me Luck

Vehicle
    1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i, 1989 Sei(Project Honda SVX)
    And as far as you all hoping for Hasport to make mounts... Good luck!!! I spoke with them on the phone last thursday... I asked them if I sent them everything they needed included model parts would they make them... They simply said "No, demand is not high enough."
    and I know how the group buys are here... Everyone wants it but when it comes down to it.. No one comes through... So GOOD LUCK with that... lemme know if it works out...

and again I'll keep you posted about my progress with my project....

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '85 lude
    i did a group buy with place racing before. no one cared then. so im not gonna bother anymore, yall can fend for yourselves.

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    Quote Originally Posted by night
    i did a group buy with place racing before. no one cared then. so im not gonna bother anymore, yall can fend for yourselves.

You are right...I was interested when you did it, but I couldnt afford it at that time. I do start purchasing stuff for the swap about 5months later and now I am very happy with the swap.
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty