Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacesetter : Intake , Short Shifter , Header , Cat Back Exhaust , High Flow Cat

Vehicle
    '01 Accord EX Coupe
    is there a cheap place to find a dynomax cat-back system?

Vehicle
    94 accord lx, 88 sold
    i got the pacesetter catback and ended up cutting off the muffler about 2 months later and putting a nakayama racing sports muffler with a 5 inch tip on.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Originally posted by jlaccord89lxi
    is there a cheap place to find a dynomax cat-back system?
    Hmmmm, this is almost a trick question. Dynomax does show a oem diameter cat-back system on their web site. I'd imagine that it would offer a ever so slight performance gain over stock. But since it does not have 2.25" piping nor does it have their Super turbo muffler it's not a performance cat-back system. For that you'll need to do what the magizine did in the test I talk about. You'll need to by a Dynomax Superturbo muffler(www.summitracing.com has the best price on them) and take it to a muffler shop that can create 2.25" piping for a custom cat-back. I got the muller and generic tip from summitracing including shipping for $60, then I had a shop make me the piping, cost $92, so $152 total cost. I've still got the system for sale in the market place
    Last edited by Jims 86LXI HB; 09-02-2002 at 07:55 AM.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Dx

monza pacesetter exhaust system??

Hey, i was wondering if anyone has put on a monza pacesetter exhaust system on their car and how it is, performance wise [aceleration, gained horse power] also i am thinking of replacing my catylic converter along with my exhaust manifolds to monza pacesetter exhaust manifolds, what kind of horsepower and acceleraton increase there would be thanx

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX-i
    Pacesetter sucks I got one 2 months ago and it gave me more power but it doesn't make that rice rocket sound looks good sounds bad save the money and get a Z wave from midaz for $200. my pacesetter was $170 from summit and it was a pane geting it on the cat so if you live some where where you don't need it remove it. the exhaust header was a good investment its about 20lbs lighter and looks great

the catback is a POS, I wouldn't recommend it, no noticable gain in power and it has a crappy position where it bangs/scrapes on semi-steep driveways and mine did that until it broke internally. Ripped it off and had a Hooker welded in.
    It was kind of worth it for the pipe and I needed it to pass the emmissions test (factory unit looked like swiss cheese)
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    '86 Ford Bronco II XLT, 1989 Honda Accord LXi Sedan
    yeah i wouldn't get the pacesetter system, i have the pacesetter header and I will never buy pacesetter again. I like having the header and all, i mean the power is a lot better than stock but its make horribly! I've had mine for a year now and its already getting rusted through, that is my next weekend project to get rid of the rust and cut some peices out of my downpipe. I would just spend the extra money - trust me!
    Save a Tree, Wipe ur A$$ with an Owl!
    Don't Drink & Drive, You Might Hit A Bump and Spill it!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Dx

help

um ok so i shouldnt get the pacesetter system but they have a good header that is about 280, is that one crap too, if so wat is easy instillation that still is a good price that is good. also u saaid the pacesetter exhaust system is just bad sound, wat does it sound like then but wouold it be good for a first car tho, please help, glen

1988starter
    Their header and highflow cat are good but their exhaust sucks but the pipe works well with a dynomax muffler.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    Don't get the catback, you'll regret it. I DID!!

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord LX-i,88 RX-7 Turbo II
    i have pacesetter all the way back and i like it..... i bought the catback almost two years ago.... performance gains were minimal but then i cut the pacesetter muffler and welded on a stainless DTM and that opend things right up, then i got the ceramic header and i took the cat off and i love the sound and power. so if you want id say buy the catback... hack off the muffler and put on a stainless muffler, the header is also a good buy
    88 RX-7 Turbo II...a few things
    89 Accord LX-i: too much to list
    See them both here: http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=339969

Vehicle
    89 accord LX-i 88 accord lx 93 teg 4-dr
    i have a cat back on mine no noticable power gain it has a very mellow tone . been on my car for 2 years still in good shape but i'm going to get a universal muffler soon and weld that on. don't know anything about the cat or the header

Vehicle
    97 Dodge Neon

ok so pacesetter makes a header for the carbs?

well im hearing shit about pacesetter makes headers specialy for us carbed guys. so how do i get it? just ask em when i call?

someone needs to clear this up and put it in the fag, if its not already there

Vehicle
    96 Civic (Turbo lsvtec) /87 accord lx/95 civic dx
    in the fag? lol isnt the header that pacesetter makes for the 86-89 accord the same for the carb and fuel injected? just something has to be plugged on the header for the carb?
    Jay

LXi User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord DX Hatchback 5 Speed
    actually, the first I ever heard about pacesetter making a carb only header was from you in the thread about the one on ebay.
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&t...er+ebay+header
    if you go to the website, the information there lists a black paint model and a ceramic model for the 86-89 accord, no mention of efi or carb, if you go to websites of comapnies who sell the header,same thing, no mention of carb or efi. Since you stated in the above thread that there was a carb header, I would think you already know the answer to your question in this thread and would be able to clue us all in.

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    That's what I thought. I know someone on the board was going around saying you need to tell them if you want a carb or EFI version but I'm 99% sure that is not true. Like mentioned, Pacesetter only makes one version that fits both (checked on their website and online).
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    yah... te only diffs between the two is the pipes from the exhaust manifold. i was told they could be removed and pluged at the intake. is this true?

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    1989 LXI Coupe Kswap, 1989 LXI Bswap
    the only difference is that the headers come with 2 o2 sensor holes, the efi models use 2 o2 sensors but the carb models only use 1 o2 sensor so the other o2 sensor hole has to be pluged if you are gonna use the header on the car
    Style Quality Uniqueness And Design
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

http://www.facebook.com/squadengineering

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    its not the only difference. The carb has a egr and air suction pipe from the header. but the efi has just the egr and NO air suction pipe.

IF Pacesetter makes just one kinda header, then the problem is getting a stop bolt for the air suction hole when the header is used on a efi. That would suck cause any home department store like Lowes or homedepot dont sell stop bolts with that kinda threading. cause i did ask them and the guy looked at my sir suction pipe threading and asked me what it came out of cause he said the thread pattern is not the same as the one for domestic use. So, whats the truth?? Any efi guy with a pacesetter manifold?????

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    If I am not mistaken, the Pacesetter comes with both holes for the air suction and EGR. The threading is probably like the oil pan bolt (all the guys call it pipe thread) and it's a thread pattern not used in normal bolts. But stores that sell industrial machine parts should have something that fits to block the hole. Or you can always weld it shut.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    '01 Accord EX Coupe

New Air Intake Available...Pacesetter site

check this out guys...no prices, but probably cheaper than Weapon*R

http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/airfx.htm

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord LX-i,88 RX-7 Turbo II
    gotta love pacesetter for atleast crankin out parts for our cars..... i know alot of people bash their catbacks and headers but like ive said a million times, i have both along with their short throw and i havnt had one problem with any of them. i give them mad props cause they atleast think there is a market for 86-89 accords
    88 RX-7 Turbo II...a few things
    89 Accord LX-i: too much to list
    See them both here: http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=339969

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    the intake is 169.95... its on the site... u just need to look.

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

LX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Acoord Lxi HB
    yea it's $169 through pacesetter, so it should go down when aftermarket shops start selling them (hopefully). That price is not much better than a weaponR.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    4 words.
    modded - civic - intake - ebay

i still dont understand why the fuck anyone would pay for that shit.. you can buy a civic intake for like $40 online, and just hack a few inches off... its SOOOO easy....