Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacesetter : Intake , Short Shifter , Header , Cat Back Exhaust , High Flow Cat

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi Coupe
    Does the pacesetter muffler not give you a performance boost? Would i be better going w/ the aftermarket muffler i have on there now?
    2.25 Sprint drop w/ Bilstien struts in rear & Koni's in the front, moddified 94-97 Accord CAI, JDM power folding mirrors, Prelude A arms, Naxos exhaust, K&N Filter, Accel coil, Advanced timing, NGK-R plugs, 7.5mm wires, Apc H4 headlight conversion, PIAA hyper plasma bulbs every where, 17" Exel Maj rims wrapped in 205/40 17 Kumho tires, w/ 5% platinum tint, painted calipers & drums, shaved tail lights, moldings, antana, squirters, and emblems, Clarion DRB3675 head unit w/ Clarion 6x9s

1988starter
    Yea it gives some power increase but not as god as dynomax super turbo.

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    like 1 HP... just go to a exhausty shop and get them to bend and hang a pipe... get a muffler from somewhere and weld it on... i can get this gone for 50 bucks in my area... 35 at my friends shop... and even less if i do it myself!

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

DX User

Pacesetter exhaust

i was just about to purchase an exhaust but i am not sure of any good ones. i was thinkin about the 86-89 exhaust system by pacesetter

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i 5 speed hatchback
    Culpeper, Va.- home, JMU (Harrisonburg, Va.)- school
    if you've got a 3g accord thats the only type you can get (the 86-89). use the search option and i'm shure you'll find a ton of useful stuff. another option would be to get a custom one made at a shop.
    "Eat, Drink, and be Merry!"

LX User
    Vehicle
    97 civic coupe
    the best deal is to probably just get a pacesetter cat back and hack the muffler off and go with dynomax or your choice of muffler, they got a good price on the catback. plus its 2and1/4" so thats good

...opie
    i'm gonna have a fast car one day, yep i am

i wrecked my 86 lx and i'm glad, i only paid 900 for it and got 1800 out of it, hahaha, thank god for old people

update: car blew 3/24/03 hope to have new engine in by around april 1

1988starter
    That is what I did pacesetter with dynomax it is a very good combo.

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX

Pacesetter Short Shifter

I got the thing in finally. Took about 4 hours off and on (cold here) I figured out how to get the old shifter out. There's this black thing around the pivot ball and at the top I saw this semi-circle thing and I took a needle nose pliers and removed it and the shifter came right out.

Well so far I'm having problems shifting into first gear. I have the ball all the way at the top The distance is incredibly short. If I adjust the ball will it be easier to shift into first? Oh and I removed the entire heat shield also. It was probably about 10lbs. And the best thing is I don't have that shitty rattling that makes the car sound like $10. If someone can help me figure out how to make it easier to shift to first gear please let me know. I really think that the shift is well worth the money. When I figure out how to shift again it will be a nice performance upgrade. I didn't get any stickers so no hp gains with the shifter

Thanks

Vehicle
    88 Hybrid Accord LX-i
    You need to lower the ball about half way.
    The lower part of the shifter is hitting the torque bar and does not allow movement.
    You must play with the ball and this will solve it.
    http://vtecnos.tripod.com

Member Since 7-9-01

Vehicle
    Will I be able to do this from the inside of the car? B/c we just snow here and it's colder now. Hopefull I can adjust the ball from the inside.

Vehicle
    88 Hybrid Accord LX-i
    Bro, i did this about a year ago, i think you should be able to, but you'll have to pop it out of the socket by removing the "jeezus clip"
    http://vtecnos.tripod.com

Member Since 7-9-01

Vehicle
    it's a snap ring isn't it? get some snap ring pliers. i at first put mine all the way down and i couldn't move my shifter at all. but i didn't put it totally back together. you really have to adjust it, test fit, take it out, adjust it and do that till you find the right spot, which is about halfway like Juan said. and i wouldn't take out the heat shield. that's probably not a good idea. you have to hammer it out. it's not hard at all.
    -Grant. I'm just a pirate chasing booty.

Vehicle
    Well the heat shield is folded and in the trash it's staying off Do those pliers have a 90 degree bend and like a needle nose? Pretty much I have to take that ring off pull up the shifter and adjust the ball to have way and put it back in and move it around and make sure I can hit all the gears with ease?

Vehicle
    they are pliers with little needles on them to fit into the snap rings. there are different pliers for internal and external snap rings though so you will need the internal ones if i remember correctly. a good pair will come with straight, 45 degree and 90 degree bent tips.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search

Vehicle
    Well I'll go to the store and see how much they are.

Vehicle
    sorry i thought that link would take you to the product. anyway they're $10 from Harbor Frieght but you probably don't want to wait that long.

Vehicle
    Yeah my arms are really sore from installing the shifter and I don't think I can stand shifting in the car now so I will have to buy one of those pliers and do this today.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-Turbo
    I think taking the heat sheild off is going to do more damage then good. It is to protect the inside of the car from getting EXTREMELY hot. It might even melt some things in the shifter. If you leave the heat shield on and run your car for 30 minutes then touch your metal shifter you can feel how hot it gets, now imagine that without any protection.

Vehicle
    i agree. it covers your cat and that is what gets really hot. it is there partially to prevent the inside of yoru car from catching on fire. go to the junkyard and i'm sure you can find one, or even make one out of sheet metal. it can't be hard.

Vehicle
    91 GSX - 89 Si - 87 DX
    The shields over the catalytic converter and most of the downpipe I would leave intact. As for the piping after the catalytic, I've removed mine.

Vehicle
    Ok I don't have a cat. I have a straight pipe and it doesn't get very hot. And it won't melt anything in the shifter b/c I was supposed to cut a hole in the heatshield for the shifter anyways. So in fact the shifter would be exposed anyways. I'm not getting under my car for awhile and I don't want to put on more weight than I have to. I think it's a good 10 pounds lost from removing the entire heat shield.

Vehicle
    91 GSX - 89 Si - 87 DX
    Your call, sounds good.

Vehicle
    I need to get my hanger brackets re-welded up there b/c they broke when I took the exhaust pipe off. I'm really pissed b/c I had a friend weld those up there like 3 weeks prior. So I'm going back and having him do it again.

Vehicle
    1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i, 1989 Sei(Project Honda SVX)
    Originally posted by OldSchoolSwap
    You need to lower the ball about half way.
    The lower part of the shifter is hitting the torque bar and does not allow movement.
    You must play with the ball and this will solve it.
    Yes...just play with the ball.........that always works... lol

Vehicle
    Yeah I played with the ball yesterday found the right spot too. The ball is about 3/4 of the way up the threads. It shifts perfect for me so it's all good.