Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacesetter : Intake , Short Shifter , Header , Cat Back Exhaust , High Flow Cat

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Laguna Gold DX Coupe

Exclamation Pacesetter Performance Products ?

What Is Pacesetter , Is It Any Good ?
    Read this thread for member feedback on Pacesetter products ... any questions about pacesetter should be made in this thread.

Where is Pacesetter Located ?
    Online at : PACESETTER.COM
    PaceSetter Performance Products
    P.O. Box 56397
    Phoenix, AZ 85079-6397

Where do I buy Pacesetter Products ?
    Online at : PACESETTER.COM

What Pacesetter Products Are Available For The 86 - 89 Accord ?

- Short Shifter
    -- 1986-89 / Accord / Shifter Part# 01-0210
    -- 1986-89 / Accord / Shifter Bushing Part# 01-9100

- Air Intake
    -- For Accord Intake Use: 1990-93 / Integra / Part# 16-1001

- Cat-Back Exhaust System
    -- 1986-89 / Accord / Cat-Back Exhaust Part# 88-1416

- 4-2-1 Header ( SE-I , LX-I , DX , LX )
    -- 1986-89 / Accord / Uncoated Header Part# 70-1250
    -- 1986-89 / Accord / Armor Coated Header Part# 72C1250

- High Flow Catalytic Convertor
    -- 1986-89 / Accord / High-Flow Cat Part# 80-1600

How Do I Install My Pacesetter Product?
    - How To , Install Header
    - Run a search if you are uncertain how to install other products.
    Last edited by A20A1; 03-24-2005 at 12:58 PM.

1988starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 88DXcoupe
    Anyone out there have the pacesetter catback? How does it sound, perform, assemble. Pros and cons?
    Well the peformance is ok the sounds would have been better if it did not rattle assebly is damn easy. The ugly 4 inch tip is just too damn big ugg makes you look like . Good things cheep mandrel bent tubes.. It was a good mod but later I decided to hack the muffler off and attach a dynomax one and a smaller more pleasing tip so I didn't go when I saw it and other people didn't say . But you can get it I did not mind it untill it rattled also I did not get the gaskets and bolts with it I had to call and complain to get them.
    Last edited by A20A1; 03-24-2005 at 12:12 PM.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    A con would be that you'll gain more horsepower with pretty much any cat-back/performance muffler you pick that you have a local muffler shop creates.

I have a Dynomax superturbo, stainless steel tip and a custom resonator back system that cost me all total, including install and all parts, $151
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord lxi sedan
    i had the pacesetter it lasted a year....but for that year it was alright

DX User
    Vehicle
    So, all in all Pacesetter is a pretty crappy company with all these header and exh compaints?
    '88 DX Coupe, Laguna Gold, auto, carbed, pedal covers, 5.25" Pilot Motorsports Resonator Tip, flipped lid, cut A/C belt, 15" Saturn aluminum Wheels with Firehawk GTA's, Aiwa CD deck, Jensen 6x9's and Boss 5.25 speakers, red honda emblems, red wiper arms, Sunroof, blue neon in back window.
    Soon to add underbody red neon and possibly EFI???????

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by 88DXcoupe
    So, all in all Pacesetter is a pretty crappy company with all these header and exh compaints?
    Well I think their are a much greater number of people that are using their header and are happy with it, yes some aren't happy. The pacesetter cat-back is a different story. The biggest things is that opposed to a header, you can easily make your own cat-back, for equal or lower the price. And you'll likely end up with more power gains that way, not to mention better build quality.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads

Now I d

DX User
    Vehicle
    88lxi

P.S. catback

I have a pacesetter catback if you want it. I bought a 88 lx for a parts car & it has one on it. I've got a fairly good exhaust already. I know he put it on last summer but car has been down for 6 months because the motor blew. I'm going to pull it off in a couple of days. If you want i'll take a pic for you. :super:

DX User
    Vehicle
    How much for it?
    '88 DX Coupe, Laguna Gold, auto, carbed, pedal covers, 5.25" Pilot Motorsports Resonator Tip, flipped lid, cut A/C belt, 15" Saturn aluminum Wheels with Firehawk GTA's, Aiwa CD deck, Jensen 6x9's and Boss 5.25 speakers, red honda emblems, red wiper arms, Sunroof, blue neon in back window.
    Soon to add underbody red neon and possibly EFI???????

1988starter
    You should buy it at thw worst even if the muffler sucks you get cheap mandrel bent pipes.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SE-i coupe
    I love DC Sports' mandrel-bot. Slide in a piece of pipe, select the car, press a button and out pops an exhaust.

Pretty damn nifty. (Was in an issue of Honda Tuning)

My collection: Stay tuned! (04/02/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    glorious!

imagine a beowulf cluster of tho... oh wait... its sabz. how is the beowulf cluster of myth boxen treating you?

a used one would be perfect because the muffler itself is a POS but the pipe is great for getting an aftermarket muffler welded on. I bought the catback b/c it was only $130 and I needed a muffler with no holes to pass the smog test and a midas "OEM style" replacement was like $90 but the tip was so big it would scrape everywhere until all the hitting/scraping broke the muffler inside and it rattled like crazy inside. I had a local shop chop it off and weld on a Hooker Aero Chamber muffler and Euro-style dual angle cut tips
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

DX User
    Vehicle
    88lxi
    How's 50 bucks sound? I still need to pull it off. I'll throw in the cat and rubber hangers too. should be friday when i pull it off. I have no idea how much it will be to ship though.USPS has always been reasonable before.My E-mail is [email protected] just drop me some mail

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord lxi sedan

Pacesetter

DO YOU HAVE TO CAP OFF A LARGE THREADED HOLE IN THE PACESETTER HEADERS FOR AN 89 LXI? I BELIEVE IT IS THERE FOR AN AIR INJECTION SYSTEM BUT I AM NOT SURE I HAVE NOT LOOKED AT IT TOO MUCH.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    I have never seen a pacesetter header with my own eyes so I can't tell you for sure. But I can tell you that if you do need plug any hole, that it will be threaded. It's really easy to fix. Since the part of the header that has the hole you need to fix is easy to carry aroung, just take it with you to a home depot or a lowes. Go to the pluming section that has metal pipe fittings. Look for metal PLUG fittings, find the one that fits and buy it. It's ok if it's not a super tight fit as long as it will seat down tightly when threaded all the way.

Next go to a auto parts store and look for where they carry adhesives or glues. Look for this stuff that you use to repair mufflers it should say its somekind of liquid metal. The key property of the stuff is that it will say it gets stronger with heat and it looks grey silver in color. Use it on the threads of the plug and install the plug tightly. Install the header and your done.

That's what I did when I had to plug a extra o2 sensor port on my DC Sports header, it worked perfect.

Now I d

Vehicle
    1989 LXI Coupe Kswap, 1989 LXI Bswap

pacesetter short shifter

i got the short hifter from nopi today. the directions were so bad i did not know what the fuck they were talking about so i decided to just try to install it mysel with out the directions. i got the shifter on but it is madd stiff. i got the ball all the way to the top, is that why its so still. it also feels like the two shift rods are tuching....help!!!!!!
    Style Quality Uniqueness And Design
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

http://www.facebook.com/squadengineering

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 Lxi/ 5spd
    didn't i already run a post on this...........oh well
    In the end...it doesn't even matter.
    88 Lxi, 5spd swap w/ Aasco 8lb flywheel/Cai,AccelCoil,NologyWires,SilverstoneSparks/DC421,ColtCam,Remachined Head&Tb...NitrousWorks 40shot

Vehicle
    1989 LXI Coupe Kswap, 1989 LXI Bswap
    if you did, i havent seen itm it would help if you could link me
    Style Quality Uniqueness And Design
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

http://www.facebook.com/squadengineering

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Hatchback
    When I had mine installed it was extremely stiff, but after a few days of using it loosened up considerably.

Vehicle
    '01 Accord EX Coupe

Question pacesetter exhaust

I've read almost every thread about how people prefer the DC sports header over the pacesetter unit because of the quality and craftsmanship, but what about the pacesetter exhaust system that you can buy from several different performance parts sites? Has anyone tried this and have any feedback about it? Also, is there another readily available performance exhaust system out there somewhere that i haven't heard about? Thanks
    sting

1988starter
    Pacesetter exhause is bad it sucks I had one and cut the rattling muffler right off put a dynomax super turbo on. Altho I love their header and highflow cat.

1988starter
    For a good exhaust a lot of people here like get a custom 2.25 inch mandrel bent pipe dynomax exhaust

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    yeah, dont get the whole exhaust from pacesetters. get just the headers and the hi-flo cat as ppl said. and get a custom 2.25 inch piping.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

Re: pacesetter exhaust

Originally posted by jlaccord89lxi
    I've read almost every thread about how people prefer the DC sports header over the pacesetter unit because of the quality and craftsmanship, but what about the pacesetter exhaust system that you can buy from several different performance parts sites? Has anyone tried this and have any feedback about it? Also, is there another readily available performance exhaust system out there somewhere that i haven't heard about? Thanks
    sting
    This past summer Grass Roots Motorsports mag did a exhaust compairo. They picked a car this was simular to ours in displacement, tuning and rev range, a 1.8L 8Valve VW jetta. They went out and had a muffler shop make custom cat-back exhaust systems and the also tested a pacesetter exhaust system on the car as well. The pacesetter made the least power gains of all of them. The 3rd most powerfull was the Dynomax Super turbo setup, which btw it make more power than a bosal muffler.

Now I d

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    I'll be starting on my exhaust when I get the stereo upgrades done, probably late next week. I'm getting Pacesetter headers and re-coating them, probably a Ludespeed test pipe (yay!), custom 2-1/4" cat-back, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, and some generic slanted circle or oval style stainless tip. Can anyone recommend a muffler shop chain that does good performance exhausts? I'm probably going to call Meineke, Midas, and a couple local shops on Tuesday to try to get quotes.
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    Don't get the pacesetter catback. You'll be sorry.
    I am!!