Thread: headlights

Vehicle
    88 honda accord dx =(

headlights

i was washing my car yesterday and the headlights were bugging the hell outta me. The car had been in an accident previous to be gettting it and the headlights arent aligned correctly with the hood. Is there ne way to get them aligned.
    1 death is a tradegy.
    1,000,000 deaths is a statistic

-Stalin

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    the bolts where the headlight assembly mounts to the body allow for some movement up and down and you can throw spacing washers in there as well, if it's bent to badly though it either needs to be pulled out or replaced.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    also, the headlight covers can be moved a bit, too... just have to unbolt them and move them, too... they are 8mm bolts...

Everything with the headlights can be adjusted. When I rear ended a friend, I smashed my drivers side headlight in pretty good, but I was lucky enough that the point of impact was on the eyebrow, so I didn't have to get a new cover. I just bent it back and got a new eyebrow, and after many many adjustments and tweaking, I was able to make it look like the accident never happened. I'm not just saying that. It was perfect- I pay attention to details.

The cover can be adjusted by bending the tabs on the top side. You can put spacers in there or do what you need to. If you're still having problems, each headlight bucket is held on by I think 5 or 6 bolts; two on the top side, two on one side, and I think one or two inside the bucket. You can loosen these and slide the bucket part around to where it looks good. It will take a lot of trial and error but hopefully you'll be able to get it right.

Although, in my case I had to get a new bucket because mine was bent. If that's the case for you, It's really easy to swap another in.

Also, the screws that held my headlight cover on were 10mm.
    Last edited by MrBen; 10-12-2004 at 11:05 AM.