Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: lookin for turbo manifold!

Vehicle
    90 civic hb R.I.P. , 2002 EBP EM2<<figure it out..its not that hard

Exclamation lookin for turbo manifold!

i know its been asked and been told but anybody know where i could find one. or have one made without havin to drive 600 miles to get it made, maybe like a website or a phone number, something

UPDATE: found out where to get entire turbo kit.
    i sent out an email saturday and got a response two hours later about a turbo kit. i said: "hi i am very interested in your complete turbo kit for
    hondas. but i own an 89 honda accord lxi. it has an a20a3.now me and about 200 people are wondering if you can do a kit for us. now my brother gave me this site cause hes gonna buy your zc to ls head package soon. i can send you an exhaust manifold if you need a template. if its all good ill let people know but if it aint i wont tell them so you guys wont get a
    bunch of emails of stupid ques. please email me back bcause there is nobody
    in this world that wants to make a manifold for us. and those who already have it have a ghetto rigged setup with leaking welds and gaskets. WE
    NEED HELP PLEASE!"
    they said:"Ok well I will need some dimensions. Really to build a jig I would
    need the car, but I can freehand it if I have the exhaust manifold and
    dimensions from the engine bay, and front bumper. This way I know how to make the piping. I can do them and not only that but I will beat any
    competitors price. Let me know. Thanks again"
    thin i said:"dude you are the best. i need to know which dimensions you need and i can send you the stock exhaust manifold but i am using an aftermarket exhaust header on my car. i cant bring you the car unless you are close to me cause i cant get off work. please fell free to call me you can get a hold of me anytime on the number i provided or i could call you. your name is josh right? my brother let the word out about your web site on 3geez.com. so youll probably get a bunch of calls or emails about the same thing.but let me know what the price is and which dimensions you need and ill try my best to send you the dimensions i can. now i must tell you that there isn't alot of room in there but i have seen it done on other accords and its been all custom work and some people ended up bailing on it cause thay couldnt get a manifold.if you can do it i tell you now that this will open up a whole new thing for the 3rd generation accord. there arent many aftermarket parts available for this car. please help us! thanx"
    then they come bace to me today with: "I would just need dimensions, so I know what piping to run on the intercooler, ect....The kits are going to sell around $3000+ Shipping, and will have better quality then any other kit on the market. Let me know. Thanks again"
    some one let me know what to do. or if anyone is interested
    Last edited by buds302; 11-11-2004 at 07:19 PM.
    b u n n y · t y p e R
    "the bunny liked the go-faster stripes... but wasn't too keen on the rear spoiler and ridiculous bodykit"

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    first, your sig is too big, so i am taking out.
    second, there aren't many turbo manifolds, so you may have to make custom.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    that was messed up oh well ill find a smaller one, it was funny while it lasted. now about the manifold. man you live around here there aint no muffler shop or machine shop thats gonna do a custom manifold. their to busy building race cars and doin bs work to mess with it. if you find one that will do it then let me know.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    nope gotta get them custom made...
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i 5 speed hatchback
    Culpeper, Va.- home, JMU (Harrisonburg, Va.)- school
    yeah, your going to have to do it yourself or have some kick ass connections
    "Eat, Drink, and be Merry!"

Vehicle
    what kind of turbo did you want to run?

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX Coupe 43k miles. Turboed 92 civic hatchback.
    Get a custom one and be done with it. If you're gonna do the turbo set up the right way, be ready to drop some money into it.
    88 Accord DX. Custom Mercedes Benz Grey Paint. 16" RS Limited Rival gunmetal rims. Wrapped in Dunlop 205/45/16. MSD Ignition Box 6A. MSD Ignition Coil. NGK Wires. Custom intake w/civic air intake box.2.25 inch exhaust piping. Fireball muffer. Grounding kit.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    Quote Originally Posted by buds302
    i know its been asked and been told but anybody know where i could find one. or have one made without havin to drive 600 miles to get it made, maybe like a website or a phone number, something
    1. No one makes aftermarket turbo manifolds for the A20 block

2. IF you need one, contact Sean (member on this forum) and tell him to make you one. U will have to run an internal wastegate mitsu/chrysl turbo and the manifold costs around $550 without shipping.

3. Even if you find a shop to make you one. U need to give them a used header from the junkyard cause we dont have a single piece exhaust manifold gasket so its not possible to make a header without an exact reference.

4. THIS IS IMPORTANT. No other turbo manifolds will fit this motor either directly or extra holes drilled. Nothing can be adapted to this block due to unique exhaust ports. If someone tells u that you can adapt a eclipse (DSM) header, well they are wrong. It works on the motors of accords from 90-97.

hope this clears up ur questions.

Vehicle
    hmmm... depending on the price of flanges a log turbo mani would would just fine

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    If you don't want to use the A20 manifold, you can use the A20 manifold flange...

I used a cast iron flange to make my header... if you get the right materials you can weld up a strong log manifold using the A20 flange.
    I used a hand grinder to cut thru the metal... it took forever... and one whole cutting/grinding disk.

Last edited by A20A1; 11-05-2004 at 06:46 PM.
    - llia

Vehicle
    id advise against using the stock flange... its gonna be prone to cracking especially when put up to the heat and pressure/weight of a turbo being cast iron. Id just have a flange made...

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    if i had somebody in the area that could put up some money i know of a shop thats willing to do custom headers and turbo manifolds. i just dont have the funding to pay them for the work. I know they'd make a kickass manifold. I've talked with them and showed them seans design and how much he wants for it and they said that they could make a better one for cheaper.

now if i could just win the damn lottery. . . . ..
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    ok stupid ques what is a log manifold? is that where there are not 4 equal pipes, but one pipe and the turbo flange on one side, leading to uneven flow?
    b u n n y · t y p e R
    "the bunny liked the go-faster stripes... but wasn't too keen on the rear spoiler and ridiculous bodykit"

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    if your really serious and have the money to spend i can put you in touch with the people who used to build the kits for me. they still have all the tooling to make them
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    how much r u talkin and how good is it
    b u n n y · t y p e R

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    There really is not uneven flow as you may see it... but there are restrictions yes, or poor flow due to a sharp angle the exhaust will have to traverse.

If you want to see log styles versus longer tube style manifolds look at the header thread linked below:
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37169
    edit: I updated the thread to lable which were tube and which were log type manifolds.
    Last edited by A20A1; 02-14-2006 at 06:50 PM.
    - llia

Vehicle
    thanx man thats what i thought
    b u n n y · t y p e R

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Houston, Texas (Home of the Quicksilver project)
    Quote Originally Posted by NXRacer
    if i had somebody in the area that could put up some money i know of a shop thats willing to do custom headers and turbo manifolds. i just dont have the funding to pay them for the work. I know they'd make a kickass manifold. I've talked with them and showed them seans design and how much he wants for it and they said that they could make a better one for cheaper.

now if i could just win the damn lottery. . . . ..
    Just how much did they say they could do it for?
    "Feed their greed with your need for speed"

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..
    or you could go buy a mig welder, a plasma cutter, a drill press, a couple disc grinders, a cutoff saw, and some piping..

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Accordtheory
    or you could go buy a mig welder, a plasma cutter, a drill press, a couple disc grinders, a cutoff saw, and some piping..
    Yeah, but think of how much you could save on labor

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    there is a shop here that said they cam make the same one as mine.But with externall waste gate option fot as little as $450 canadain
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    That's like around $375 US. Now that is more reasonable.

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijah
    there is a shop here that said they cam make the same one as mine.But with externall waste gate option fot as little as $450 canadain
    any pics of yours?

Vehicle

Exclamation UPDATE: everybody look

read first post
    very important
    look up
    b u n n y · t y p e R

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    Quote Originally Posted by buds302
    read first post
    very important
    look up
    pretty cool. U need to keep in mind that due to the engine tilt forward, they cant really make their manifold too deep. As in hang low. This will cause problems with the turbo inlet and exhaust, more for the exhaust if the turbo is gonna be the other way around (inlet on driver side). $3000 huh? what kinda turbo is that? Bet its an internal wastegate turbo with a log style manifold or something.