Thread: fuel pump

LX User

fuel pump

hey, im in the process of getting everything back in my car after the efi swap and i was testing little odds and ends, and i noticed when i turned the key to ignition, no fuel came out of the pump, and i was wondering if there was a reason for this that is normal or if my fuel pump is bad....??
    if junkyards didn't exist, neither would my car...

are you using the LXi pump and also the main relay hookup? or did you just hook it up to the stock wires? I haven't done the swap so I don't know if that would even make a difference... just for info. Also you should check the lines for voltage with a voltmeter or a test light, there should be momentary power when you turn the key to ON
    <edit> also check the fuse on the lower left of the dash fuse box for the fuel pump <edit>
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

LX User
    yea i have the main relay and lxi pump, i checked the fuse as well, im gonna check for voltage tonight and see if its gettin any voltage

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    did you swaped the fuel tanks?
    Alex.

LX User
    not yet, im using the carb tank for now, im gonna swap it down the road but im just gonna make sure i keep it above like half a tank or so, but i tested it last night and theres no voltage, so im assuming its either the main relay or does it matter that the engine wiring harness isn't hooked up yet? i mean i thought the pump ran off the cabin harness and it shouldn't matter if the engine harness isn't in yet but i guess its possible

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    yea it would be good to have to have it all hooked up esp the injectors.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

LX User
    yea i just hooked up the ground for the injector wires today and the pump worked! yay, 100 bucks less i have to spend