Thread: Speaker Size?

Vehicle
    88 honda accord hatchback dx

Speaker Size?

Whats the stock speaker sizes in the front and back of 88' accord hatchback DX's if they are any diff from LXis or whatever, i heard 5 and half in front and 6 and half in back? if this has already been answered, sorry im lazy...

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    6.5's all around in a dx... you may have to cut out for the speakers in the rear

Derick

Vehicle
    1998 VT Commodore 50th Anniversary Edition
    just put a good set of 6's in the rear and get a sub
    Cocaine's A Helluva Drug! - Rick James
    I really fracked things up for you Bill - Colonel Tigh
    Girl we couldn't get much Higher! - Light My Fire

Vehicle
    1988 Accord Ex-i
    My fronts are 5 1/4.
    Not sure about the back

Vehicle
    88 honda accord hatchback dx
    Im maily just looking to replace the back ones, and they dont make 6" speakers that i know of....atleast everywhere i go they dont have them, only 6"1/4 or 6.5. The front speakers are pretty good sounding Alpines, but the back ones are like those rampage speakers that you would go buy in GI Joes. Shitty ones but new...so if someone could tell me the Size for the Backs or maybe ill just go measure the hole?

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    6.5's all the way around... to my knowledge, there are no 6.25's made, and 6.75's would be a stretch... if you are on a tight budget, go get some pioneers from wally world

Derick

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX ; 86 Chevy Camaro
    Vanilla sky; i just went to your website ,did that car ever drive?
    Good to know people care that much about the 3geez to restore one in that condition. good luck
    D-mAn..the guy with the reallly clean all-stock 87 LX and still pimpin it. :pimp:

Vehicle
    '92 Toyota Paseo
    Yes, in a hatchback it is 6.5 all around. If you have a DX hatch, like mine, then the fronts are either 5.25 or 3.5 in an adapter plate that fits where the 6.5 hole is. You just take out the entire apparatus and screw the 6.5 into the basket. For the rears, it is 6.5's and there is like tons of room all around so you don't have to worry about magnet sizes.

I must say, one thing I absolutely LOVE about my car over just about every one of my friends cars is the ease of putting speakers in and taking them out! I have swapped speakers all over the place inside my hatch with the greatest of ease! I helped a friend install 6.5's in his 97 Saturn and it took us like 2 hours because we had to take off doorpanels and tear up his rear deck.

Chalk one more up for the 3geez...

DX User
    In my LXi the factory provisions are 6 1/2 all around... but the magnets on aftermarket speakers are considerably bigger so I did 5 1/4 in the front and 6 1/2 in the rear. Yours should be the same situation... the computer at my work (Best Buy) didn't list the different trim levels separate on this car so it must be the same .

BTW, I have the Pioneer 6 1/2 3 ways in the rear (1667s) and they sound really clear! They're on sale through today at Best Buy for 69.97 (retail 99.99).

LX User
    Vehicle
    86 VW JEtta
    There are no such things as 5 and a halfs they are 5 and a quarters. ALways replace front speakers before rears. Save the money you would spend on rear speakers and get either some tweeters or a better sub and amp
    I use to drive rice...and I loved it, now I drive Kraut, and I know just how lost I use to be.

LX User
    Vehicle
    86 VW JEtta
    Dont know if it helps but I mounted some 6X9's in a square hole beside where the stock speakers go.
    I use to drive rice...and I loved it, now I drive Kraut, and I know just how lost I use to be.