Thread: $1,000 Deal

Vehicle
    88' Accord LXI

$1,000 Deal

Ok i was talking to this girl today about an H22 she wants to sell. Its got 16K miles on it with DC Sport headers and some other stuff she named (wow brain fart on the other stuff). ANYWAYS she said i can have anything out of the car i want, which mean i get the complete change over for a grand. However, i have heard that this swap is possible but extremely expensive and sometimes they dont run or something. What is the deal with that? How many things would i have to change n stuff. Should i go for this or not> Money definitly does not grow on trees for me so it kinda sucks. If i dont do this swap i will probably look into going for a B20A turbo, but i cant ever seem to find that motor for a good price. Anyways lemme know guys

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    no it's not impossible. as a matter of fact, not alot of pple can tell you about the level of difficulty involved because only a few has attempted. to my knoledge there is one up and running in canada. but sure will be VERY pricey for sure, it's like pretty much taking the heart out of youre 3g and trasnpanting a prelude engine in the 3g chasis. get the pic? anyways the motor will be worth it. dude if it has low miles buy it and sell it. i wouldn't even think, i'd just hop on that deal, tons of honda/acura guys will kill for that swap. if it's a good motor, get it and sell it, don't try it on your car. not worth it. you can pull good times on the 3g motor with boost or nos.

i believe the motor alone with the intake manifold and harness can be upwards of 2 grand? roundish? that does not include the many other things you will need for the swap, more than like will be 99 percent custom everything.
    Last edited by 88accordhb; 11-29-2004 at 08:41 PM.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Its a good deal but alot of work.If you think about definitly go stand alone for manegment
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    just get the motor..and sell it back out. I'm sure you can profit it from the engine.

Vehicle
    1987 Accord EF Extra(rhd) A18A
    get the motor and find a beat 4g to throw it in

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    That engine is worth a bit more so if its true i would buy it and sell it for a nice profit to buy your B20A with some mods.