Thread: Please Help. No taillights, corner lights, or guage lights...

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i 2dr

Please Help. No taillights, corner lights, or guage lights...

I just lost my Tail lights, corner lights, and my Guage lights... I checked all my fuses and fuse #14 was fried. I replaced it and it had no effect they still don't work. The fuse is stiil good and I have tried several more fuses, but nothing is working. I ckecked the #14 slot w/ a multi-meter and it has about 12 volts. I have run out of ideas. I have done a search but I have not found that much usefull information. Please help...

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LX-i *** 2002 Mustang GT
    have you checked the bulbs?? im sure that isnt it but you never know
    "Seriously, I have a half o' pack of Rolaids in my dipper" -Stewie (Family Guy)

Car Pics
    vBGarage

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i 2dr
    Quote Originally Posted by 86LXItooFAST4me
    have you checked the bulbs?? im sure that isnt it but you never know
    yea, all the bulbs are good.

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    You can do a continuity check on wires to see if your shorting out somewhere & your wires are good. Get you a wiring schematic and do some checks.

Here is some other info. you should look at: Signature rules by director

First off, the dimensions of images in your signatures must be no more than 150 pixels tall and/or 550 pixels wide. We require this because overly large images disrupt the flow of a thread. Nobody likes to have to scroll past huge images that nobody cares about when all they really want to do is read what's in the thread. Also, our users on smaller monitors and resolutions will find it very irritating to have to scroll to the right to read every single post because your signature is too wide. This also includes multiple images. If for whatever reason you feel the need to grace us with two or more different images in your sig, then those images combined cannot exceed 150 pixels tall or 550 pixels wide. Here is an example of a 550x150 image:

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    Check the dimmer box. It's on the back on the panel that's below the steering wheel. When that goes out, those lights don't work. I had the same problem before. I switched that little box and it was good.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LXi

Re: Please Help. No taillights, corner lights, or guage lights...

Hi - same problem with my 89LXi this morning. I do have headlights, no running or tail or dash lights (except for the gear shift indicator light), and I can't find a fuse that is blown. Must be the dimmer box (is it called a relay?) mentioned above. Local auto parts store says 5-7 days to special order. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get one faster? Driving with my hazards on at night is driving me and others nuts!
    Thanks all....

FYI - I do have brake lights...
    Last edited by CdaIdaho; 02-03-2014 at 11:39 AM.

3Geez Veteran

It's either the fuse or the dimmer switch. You're lucky that your local store was able to order you one at all.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LXi

I've narrowed the problem down to the turn signal/light knob. On my way this morning to boneyard to try and find a new one. I'll advise if I'm successful.