Thread: thinking of buying another accord

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987honda accord

Unhappy thinking of buying another accord

whats up guys im a new member.my name is aaron from virginia.my name on here is biggzaccord.so wassup!!!!!!ok my question in im thinking of buying a 1987 accord lx.here is the problem the guy im buying it from is saying that it needs a pvc valve.it has been sitting for about 6 or 7 months.the guy said he was driving it and all of a sudden it the engine cut back on him then it cut off.then when he popped the hood and took off the breather it was oil everywere.he wants 300 bucks for it .its in real good shape.i dont want to buy it if its not worth it.ive owned other accords this year but never had this problem.so will a pvc valve cause those little problems or the carb is dirty.i dont no.can anyone help me and let me no what you think it is and is it worth getting.thanks alot guys.o yea this site kicks ass and i love eve ryones car on here an d hope to have mine on soon if its worth getting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Get a couple of tests done to it before you buy it. #1 Compression test. #2 Blow-by test.

Take it to a shop and have those tests done. Maybe the oil came out of the breather b/c he over filled the car with oil. PCV valves are fairly cheap like $6 but only buy one at HONDA. That is one of the few things you actually want to get from the dealership. Most parts stores carry generic ones but those won't most of the time be the correct calibration as the factory one is.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    $300 and if its clean you cant go wrong.If you are good with a wrench you change the whole motor in less then a day.
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987honda accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike's89AccordLX
    Get a couple of tests done to it before you buy it. #1 Compression test. #2 Blow-by test.

Take it to a shop and have those tests done. Maybe the oil came out of the breather b/c he over filled the car with oil. PCV valves are fairly cheap like $6 but only buy one at HONDA. That is one of the few things you actually want to get from the dealership. Most parts stores carry generic ones but those won't most of the time be the correct calibration as the factory one is.
    what do you think a shop would charge?