Thread: Solid strut mounts.

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI

Solid strut mounts.

I need to do something about my camber and my less then 2" of front suspension travel. Unfortunately honda didn't incorperate any way to adjust the camber in the second gen accord, nor is a civic coilover kit 100% compadable with it. I was thinking of makeing some adjustable strut tops similar to what 87hybrid did for his civic (its in an old post in the off topic section if you really want to look it up). The only problem I am seeing with this is that it eliminates the rubber in my strut tops. Has anyone out there run a car with solid strut mounts? How much more vibration was transfered to the chassis?

andy

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    I have real reason to think I could have benefitted from solid strut mounts. But yeah I'd think you get allot more little stuff stransfered to the car. I noticed that you can get them for the 3 gen tegs, but they are hecka expensive. I wonder how they might be used on our cars since the teg's use a 2 bolt strut mount? I believe nope carries them if you look under a 94 teg.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    Well I was going to make them more for the ability to adjust the camber then to stiffen thing up. Honda didn't design any adjustability into the gen2's suspension, and there are no aftermarket camber kits. These are going to be 2 pieces of aluminum, one bolts to the car, the other the strut, that are slotted so I can slide the strut to correct the camber. I don't think it would have any use on a gen3 becuse the of upper control arm control arms.
    andy