Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plans for my 3gee

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Plans for my 3gee

Well I havent found the car yet, but I am looking for exactly what I need. A 86-89 Accord Lxi(so I dont have to worry about the EFi swap), 5-speed, white Accord hatch. With that out of the way, here is my photoshop of what I want the car to look like after the swap and I get the car . Let me know what you think.

Sorry for the Picture size, but Image station is beng kinda shitty right now.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

DX User
    oh shit....that looks almost exactly like my hatch did for a while a couple of years ago...."panda" paint with rota slipstream wheels and a lip....

boy i sure do miss the way she looked before the wreck

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    hoppin you have some pics?

and uhh ledgen, that's a pretty nice setup man, and wont be that hard. the only problem you might run into is finding the front bumper, from wat i heard that one isn't sold anymore? or something like that, but looks awesome bro, those rims are a dime a dozen by the way. lol see them on every other civics. but would sure look nice on a hatch accord tho. shoot for the moon.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    I would think finding a white hatch would be a challenge. I just dont see many around and the few i do are DX's. But if your patient im sure you will find one but take time and get the best one you can.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i
    holey slamed camber batdood! Thats going to be an awesome car once you get it and do all you want to it.
    my car is stock it just likes sittn lower to the ground than most cars:
    Lowes 3" CAI W/filter, hackd off mufflar, MSD Blaster 2 coil and bosch Platinum spark plugs&wires...she roars all the way to 6K

Vehicle
    Hey thanks for all the replies, I do know that it is kinda hard to find the car that I want. I have found a couple but they are on ebay and the person is not shipping. As for the bumper, I thought that the erabani was cancled not the Kaminari. I really hope that this is so, because that bumper will set the holw car off.

Hoppin Hatchie
    oh shit....that looks almost exactly like my hatch did for a while a couple of years ago...."panda" paint with rota slipstream wheels and a lip....
    Man do you have any pics, I would love to see that.

P.S. I know that the rims dont fit very well, but I am not a total and complete photoshop creator. Once I get the car I will do all the suspention work at one time. Drop zone springs(I already have them), Revalved Bilstiens, And Truckboy Camber adjustment. I will probably do the suspention before I do the motor swap, because I do not like riding around in a 4X4 anything .

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    uhhh seems like many are goin panda rout lately or trying to.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    why doesnt that look familiar?? :-D

although im not going to do this anymore because a panda should be a Toyota RWD, not a wanna be accord. The accord can look good enough by itself without having to imitate another car. Besides, that angle of camber wouldnt do you bit of good on a FWD car because the driving wheels arent hardly touching the pavement. Looks good, but would be totally pointless.
    Last edited by NXRacer; 12-12-2004 at 06:16 PM.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    2006 Nissan 350z
    Imitation is of the highest forms of flattery...

Anyways, that is a nice car that you are planning, and that car you are trying to simulate is damn hard to find anyways. Good luck in the EFI/5SPD/hatch combo. I still have yet to find on here in the San Antonio/Austin/Corpus Christi areas
    natsugusa ya
    tsuwamono domo ga
    yume no ato

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by NXRacer
    why doesnt that look familiar?? :-D
    although im not going to do this anymore because a panda should be a Toyota RWD, not a wanna be accord. The accord can look good enough by itself without having to imitate another car. Besides, that angle of camber wouldnt do you bit of good on a FWD car because the driving wheels arent hardly touching the pavement. Looks good, but would be totally pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by zero.counter
    Imitation is of the highest forms of flattery...

Anyways, that is a nice car that you are planning, and that car you are trying to simulate is damn hard to find anyways. Good luck in the EFI/5SPD/hatch combo. I still have yet to find on here in the San Antonio/Austin/Corpus Christi areas

There is no imitaiton here although that car looks hot(and it's photoshopped). As soon as I saw that white 4dr accord with the b16 on another forum, The idea for that hatch fell into my head. My friend use to have one so I new exactly what it looked like, but I never though of them as having any performance ability untill I found out about the PRI kit. I know it has some Tureno feel to it. Well I like the Tureno, but I have to have the reliability and performance of a honda. As for the camber problem I just dident do a good job at the photoshop, I know all about camber and I have to have perfect camber on any car that I drive.
    Last edited by Legend_master; 12-12-2004 at 08:46 PM.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    i was thinking about getting slipstreams too because theyre not too expensive and still light.
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter
    i was thinking about getting slipstreams too because theyre not too expensive and still light.
    They also look good in smaller sizes 15's, 16's. SO you dont have to worry about a messed up Speedometer or lost of power to the wheels.

Vehicle
    99' Mercedes E320
    sweet, good luck on your quest.
    -Kelley

Hondas owned: 84 Accord Sedan Lx, 85 Accord Hatch Lx, 87 Accord Sedan Lx, 89 Accord Sedan Lx-i, 96 Integra Coupe Se

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    no one ever said panda scheme is reserved for rwd's. it's a matter of personal preference. i think it looks great.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    i think it'll look good. those wheels you chopped into the pic are the ones my friend is trying to talk me into getting instead of something else.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    ???
    hooray for panda! thats next on my list....
    I havent forgotten my roots

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by hondamanlxi
    hooray for panda! thats next on my list....

Man I love the interior in your car, It just flows well between the red and black. For me I am going to go all black on the interior, hopefully I can fit GSR seats in it because they are so comfy .

Vehicle
    Heres a little fun with Photoshop.

*not what I am going to do to my car*

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    im actually liking the Xenon front bumper only cause it seems to have more room behind it. Any opinions on guys who have this bumper/ body kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppin Hatchie

boy i sure do miss the way she looked before the wreck
    lol arent you funny. He got the Xenon front bumper, not a lip. unless YOU had a lip then it would make sense.

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by smufguy
    im actually liking the Xenon front bumper only cause it seems to have more room behind it. Any opinions on guys who have this bumper/ body kit?

lol arent you funny. He got the Xenon front bumper, not a lip. unless YOU had a lip then it would make sense.

Its actually the kaminari Bumper, I havent been able to find any good pictures of the Xenon.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    Its actually the kaminari Bumper, I havent been able to find any good pictures of the Xenon.

ummm no sir. The front bumper is a Xenon brand. Check here if you are in doubt. https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=27474 . The only bumper people like besides the Erebuni.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    The xenon is widely used mainly because its erethane and not fiberglass like the Erebuni kit and possibly the kaminari. Plus its just about the only kit still available if im not mistaken.

I do like the photoshop on the bad side that is very similar to what im doing to my coupe. I want my front xenon open and showing my FMIC. As for color white on white has been a choice for some time but since its been played out a lot with the xenon kit iv been desperatly trying to find some other color i like but im not having much luck.

Good luck legend master you have good plans going so i hope it all works out for you. And PM me if you do the B-series i have a few pointers since iv helped install 2 already.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    its a good point that u made Rob. More than anything my liking for the xenon grew not only cause they were Urathane, it was the only kit that looked decent on the 3g. For too long have i envied the xenon rear bumper. But i guess with the tight cash, i will have to just stick with other alternatives for the appearance on the outisde via lips and add ons.

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by smufguy
    ummm no sir. The front bumper is a Xenon brand. Check here if you are in doubt. https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=27474 . The only bumper people like besides the Erebuni.

I sorry man I was just mistaken, thanks for the information. And thanks to everybody else who replied.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    get more pics of ur legend up man. i wanna see it. some pics of the front and rear suspension with the wheel off, some engine pics and some interior pics.