Thread: eibach sportline springs

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Exi

eibach sportline springs

anyone got these lowering springs installed on there 3gee??
    hows the handling with these on our 3gee cars??

(turns, bumps etc...)

I gots a 89exi and wondering how much will they lower my car...i dont want to lower more than 1.7 cuz i dont want to encounter any camber problems....prefer around 1.5 - 1.6...

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Eibach sport lines have the weakest rear spring rates of any other spring you can get for our cars. Why Eibach call's them "sport" is truely beyond me. A car with them will understeer much more than a car with H&R's or neuspeeds. Even the techs at Eibach could not believe it when they quoted me their spring rates. Our cars have enough understeer as it is, you don't need the springs making it worse. Nothing wrong with the brand, and frankly I've have some really nice chat's with their techs. But they simply totally droped the ball when they chose the spring rates.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

LX User
    Vehicle
    86'Honda Accord Lx-i
    I got the sportlines on my ride and they are quite fine. It lowered it about 1.6" but about after 2 months or so they settled down a little lower to a little less than 2". I love'm. I'm also runnin 17's on my car so the steering is actually amazing and it's very precise.

Chris
    *1986 Honda Accord Lx-i* 5-spd.
    17" Konig Maxxum Cam 178's wrapped in 205/40/ZR17 Kumho Ecsta Supras, Eibach Sportlines, Tokico struts, 92-95 civic custom short ram air intake, Magnaflow streetseries exhaust, 20% tint all around, Red/Black taillights, painted calipers and drums, hyperwhite corner bulbs, blue interior lights, Racing pedals, Carbon fiber shift knob

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI - sold, 1996 TL - sold, now I have a 2003 Acura CL Type S
    I had those on my accord first. I liked them, they handled pretty good, had them in there for about 2 years. But they weren't low enough so I got Sprint. But Eibach is a reputable company.

Started with a 89 Accord LXI - 96 Acura TL - 2003 Acura CL Type S..

my other site, www.brandonlee.com!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord Hatchback LX-i
    so im i going to have problem with my ground controls???
    Mine Looks Better Then Yours!!!

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Originally posted by JSid7
    so im i going to have problem with my ground controls???
    Why do you say that? Are you thinking about camber issues? Or is something else on your mind?
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Yes i do agree with Jim on them because they are in my other accord with tokicos and the back is very sloppy. I thought it was good until i put H&R's with Koni Reds in my other accord and it was like night and day. But ride wise i did like the Eibachs but they do settle a lot. I loved them compared to my Coil overs which rode very very hard.