Thread: 86 LX built in japan?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986/Accord/LX

86 LX built in japan?

Hi, I just bought an 86 accord lx. I had a mechanic check it out and he says it is good.

I came to this forum searching for ways on how to make this car look better. It has some rusts but not holes. I can invest on a buying body kit and do a new paint job but I don't want to spend my money on it if I can't install a new engine (in case the engine dies) or it will be too expensive to drop a new engine in.

I searched the vin and found out that it is built in japan. What does this mean and what options do I have with respect to engine swaps? thanks.

Also, I don't know what engine I have, can anyone tell me where to look under the hood on what type of engine I have. thanks again.

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    You have a BS engine. It's equivalent to a A20A1. You can drop any A20A1 into your car whether it's from an Accord or a Prelude. You can drop an A20A3 in but you will need to convert to fuel injection. You can drop a JDM B20 from the Accord (not Prelude) but those are getting harder and harder to find.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.