Thread: gettin retro wit it

gettin retro wit it

haha I found my new radio

I was at the junkard and while looking for gauges I ran across an 86 Saab 900 turbo and it still had the radio in it and a digital EQ so I was like w/e I'll take it.
    THen in the glove box I found the owners manual for the audio system, this combo was top of the line and it's made by clarion. It's full-logic soft-touch control AM/FM/casette but what's cool about it is the outboard eq
    it has a spectrum analizer, it's a bunch of little LEDs. You would never guess this thing was made in 1986 till you turn it on and see the led jumping up and down to the music hahaha

It also has a cool anti-theft. This is so old school lol it has DIN clips to take out the radio (Like Fords) and the reciever plugs into the dash like a laptop in a docking station. When you take out the radio it loses power but stores presets for a month and then when you plug it in and try to turn it on it starts beeping loud as hell till u put your 6 digit code (good thing I found the manual its written inside)

the amp is also outboard and piggybacked to the rear of the EQ unit. It also hold the power supply and all the power and speaker connections. The units connect through 12-pin DIN cables to the amp. If i could just find a way to get the pin descriptions... :alc:
    W/e I thought it would be funny to install it in the Mustang, the knob AM radio doesn't wanna work anymore

Oh and also I tried to put some Starion needles in my dash but typical ghetto Mitsu engineering the needles are not balanced and too heavy, the rpms wouldn't leave the 0 mark until the motor was about 2k but they looked tight with the UV LEDs shining on the orange backing. And I broke the temp gauge aaah. Gotta go finish wiring up the LEDs
    I'll post pics
    oh HAPPY new year !1
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    i remember seeing that same stereo in a junked 9000, one i saw wasnt the 900. anyway, so you put it into a mustang? couldnt have been too hard to install i guess, if you know what all the wires are for. got any pix?
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap