Thread: 3 gen prelude vs Accord Block

Vehicle
    87lx, 89lxi, 99 Prelude, And a 280Z that'll blow the doors off all three put together!!

Angry 3 gen prelude vs Accord Block

Has anyone ever delt with putting an accord head on the prelude block?
    the pair i have now will not work together due to a different location of the oil jet. is there any solution to this problem short of getting another block?

The story is , i bought the car for $10. the head was off of the engine.
    I figured no problem , i'll just "put it back on". well obviosly the head was warped so i got another from a friend. when i went to put the head on, i set the gasket in place and noticed the oil jet was holding up the gasket in the back. The jet is in the wrong place IE:in front of the center head bolt rather than behind. can this be fixed by welding the hole on the head closed and re-drilling the jet into the head bolt channel? Or is there any one who wants to trade an 87 lude' block for an accord block?

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lxi hatch (FI) stolen :(
    just go to the junk yard and pull out a prelude head, should be like $50, then have that head rebuilt, the shop around here charges like $200 to rebuild the head.

that would be better then trying to put a head on a block it doesn't go to.

wait a minute... 87 lude is the same block as an accord, are you sure your head is from a 86-89 accord, the 84 to 87 lude has the exact same engine... and the 84-87 lude is actually 2nd generation lude
    87 hatch (stolen)

88 lxi 4dr, 5spd, threw a rod... in process of swapping engine from my 87 hatch (police recovered what was left of the car).

the fucker that sold me the 88 is lucky he lives 500 miles from me...

Vehicle
    Previous: '89 Accord LXi hatch, '89 Accord LXi hatch, '86 Prelude Si
    My 86 Prelude Si had the oil jet on the back of the block.
    Mike

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    The accord head has the oil jet on the intake side.
    - llia

Vehicle
    87lx, 89lxi, 99 Prelude, And a 280Z that'll blow the doors off all three put together!!
    the problem with a lude head that matches is that it has the intake pattern is for dual carbs. i'm not really sure how or why this block was put in this car,but i hoped someone else has seen the difference between the two. it may be a different year of block though. i have no numbers to match up since they have been ground off by the guy i bought it from. i'll try to take some pics of it today and show every one what i mean.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    The A18 had dual carbs the A20 had EFI
    - llia

Vehicle
    it is possibly an A18. wasn't that one from the 84 & up lude? well then i have 2 A18 blocks for sale one good one bad rod, 2 A18 heads, 2 dual carb intakes With carbs, and a few misc parts for sale i just got a low miles complete engine (A20A) for $200! so if anyone is interested all parts are CHEAP!