Thread: b20a cams?

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI 5speed

b20a cams?

What performance cams can be used for the b20a. I was thinking about getting some but i dont know which ones would work on the b20a. I was thinking maybe b18a cams would work. If i get some what should i get the stage 1 for street or the stage 2 for street/strip? Would i need to upgrade anything else with it either? Like a adjustable cam gear or new valve springs etc? THANKS!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/3364524

b20accord SN on honda-tech,homemadeturbo,clubcivic,turbod16, and many more

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    depends how high you want to rev. Im really not sure if B18a cams will fit, or be better than the stock cams. If you get adjustable cam gears on the stock cams that might be a good place to start
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    18 yr old Prelude, the one with the pop up headlamps. B20 (prototype for the 3g Prelude) ...but in the lighter car, with big brakes
    To optimise the cams you would really need an improved intake setup, p&p, exhaust & stronger valve gear.
    It'd prolly be more worthwhile having yours reground.
    Best not to go to mad.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    B18 wont fit. Last time Rob measured them side by side, the B18 was shorter than the B20. Well i think Carot and Rob used custom grinds on their camshafts. I would say just get a custom reground. You know about grounding, get it ground to the powerband u will actually use. and yeah, nice car again adam.

B20A cams gears are exactly the same as the cams found on the 4th gen accords, The F22s.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    The B18A's are longer i had Crower Stage 2 turbo cams but i sold them for money and because i was worried about messing up my valve train. You need to modify the following: Shorten both cams by about 2-3 16ths, have a groove cut for the cylinder sensor, and re-degree adjustable cam gears so it reads correctly. TDC is off a bit if you set it to TDC with the crank so they are slightly different. Some guys on preludepower just had their cam gears cut down to accomodate the longer cams. Its not really a big deal but those cams had a much bigger lift which means less room for error when it comes to adjusting the cam gears. So i sold mine since my valve train cost about $1000. I will try some regrinds or try to have crower make proper cams but they didnt finish what i wanted before so i may try another vendor like Skunk 2 or something.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI 5speed
    Thanks guys for the help. Rob where would i send my cams into to get reground at for the b20a? What kind of grind should i get?
    http://www.myspace.com/3364524

b20accord SN on honda-tech,homemadeturbo,clubcivic,turbod16, and many more

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Mike Lee used a company for his and their are a few places that do regrinds like colt cams and such.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    sorry about that misinfo earlier. Thanks for correcting me rob.

just go and get your head flowed before you get the cams made. Tell colt or crower or whoever you use that info and what rpm you plan to be running. Thell make you a cam or modify yours. tell you what springs to use and all. Its the BEST way to do it. otherwise youll have a cam thats not specific and itll never worl at peak performance. My tbird had that problem.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX Sedan (RIP), 1989 (same) RIP, 86 Hatch Lx-i, JDM b20a, Gude headpkg, AEM cam gears/cai, thermal xhst, 2.5/3" lowrd tokico/groundctrl, 17" Seneca whls, hypereutectic pistons, .020" over, 13:1 comp
    save up for a GUDE headpackage. they'll make you 210+ flywheel HP with their headpackage and some bolt ons. the cams they use are race-like. bad mileage. but man, will your car get down..

Vehicle
    1987 Ex-i 89 SE-i
    how much does one of those GUDE setups cost and where can you order/buy them from
    -Who needs horse power when you got icy roads and bald tires

-To drift a car is to create reckless art

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX Sedan (RIP), 1989 (same) RIP, 86 Hatch Lx-i, JDM b20a, Gude headpkg, AEM cam gears/cai, thermal xhst, 2.5/3" lowrd tokico/groundctrl, 17" Seneca whls, hypereutectic pistons, .020" over, 13:1 comp
    http://www.gude.com/

$1800 for what I got