Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: B-Series swap begins!

LXi User
    Vehicle
    86 Lx-i Hb.
    Quote Originally Posted by mouchyn
    if you have cash in hand, why not buy a welder and start learning? buy a soldering iron and start learning how to rewire stuff. it's not hard to learn -- just takes practice.

then YOU could make your own swap kits and pull in tons of side cash. private/custom fabricators make a killin on these websites. untaxed income and people with DEEP pockets looking for custom parts. cha-ching.
    uhmmm. . . are you trying to smart ass me? cause im kind of taking offense to what you are saying. some people dont have the time NOR place to do these things. i dont have the place. NOR do i have the spare time to learn or practice. . i work full time and go to school part time. . . . and your talking about people having pockets looking for custom parts? . . have you ever thought about me being one of those people looking for custom parts. . . THINK ABOUT IT. maybe hes the one wanting to make a killing. and im the one who wants to help him make a living. . . . . .

edit- GEEZ!. . some people arnt able to do things some people can. . why do they have car washes? why do they have oil change shops? why do they have fast foods? . . dont even say its cause they are lazy. some people dont have the knowledge or the time. but looking for the fast and easy. and i dont even know why im ranting about this. . . . but out of curiousity, mouchyn are you looking to bswap also?.
    Last edited by bboipinoy112; 04-19-2005 at 10:06 PM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX
    Quote Originally Posted by bboipinoy112
    you know what. if you are gonna produce some swap kits. one or two. . or howmany ever. . i want in on it. koo?
    =D . . . i got money in hand, sooo yeaaaaa. im sorry but some of us dont have the welding skills, any shop experiance skills, any free motor skills, any nunchuk skills, bow throwing skills. but some are willing to throw some cash at those who do have the special skills. lol.... LUHKEEEY. good luck with everything. take the time. and inform us on how everything is going time to time. we are interested on the problems that accur. or the breakthroughs that you come across. much love.-junior-
    i will also buy this swap kit. i had to pass on alot of good motors and sell a wicked b16a1 cause noone in winnipeg has much experience with 3geez. i would do it myself but i just don't have the equipment to do the swap. good luck with the swap btw.

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Hatchback LX-i
    Quote Originally Posted by bboipinoy112
    uhmmm. . . are you trying to smart ass me? cause im kind of taking offense to what you are saying. some people dont have the time NOR place to do these things. i dont have the place. NOR do i have the spare time to learn or practice. . i work full time and go to school part time. . . . and your talking about people having pockets looking for custom parts? . . have you ever thought about me being one of those people looking for custom parts. . . THINK ABOUT IT. maybe hes the one wanting to make a killing. and im the one who wants to help him make a living. . . . . .

edit- GEEZ!. . some people arnt able to do things some people can. . why do they have car washes? why do they have oil change shops? why do they have fast foods? . . dont even say its cause they are lazy. some people dont have the knowledge or the time. but looking for the fast and easy. and i dont even know why im ranting about this. . . . but out of curiousity, mouchyn are you looking to bswap also?.
    yeah, sorry, man. i didn't mean to offend you. it's my understanding that most people who are interested in stuff like a b swap in a 3G accord have the time and palce to work on things. Without the time and space, the b swap would be very hard to begin with. Might was well just drop the car off at a shop with 3 grand and come back in two weeks.

but, i understand what you're saying. not everyone wants to get into new hobbies and stuff.

I'm not really looking into the b swap for my 3gee. my 3gee just got a freshly rebuilt and heavily modded a20a3. I ditched the hatchback seen in my sig for a sedan. I'm getting ready to have a baby and i didn't want to deal with loading and unloading the kit out of the front doors. Since the sedan is a baby carrier, it'll keep the stock engine. It gets 30+ mpg, has cold AC, shifts like butter, and looks great.

since i sold all my 3G preludes, i don't have any toys right now. My next toy is gonna be another RX-7. That was my favorite toy car, by far. I had an 87 GTU that i converted to the TurboII motor and drivetrain. 1.3L of fury. my 7 was running 12s on daily boost.

let a b16 try to talk trash to me... the only thing he will have to compliain about is the really obnoxious sound of a rotary turbo exhaust in front of him
    Chris
    http://personalwebs.myriad.net/mouchyn/accordsig.jpg

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    Quote Originally Posted by mouchyn
    let a b16 try to talk trash to me... the only thing he will have to compliain about is the really obnoxious sound of a rotary turbo exhaust in front of him
    Haha. I have to agree. They are pretty annoying sounding but they sure make power. I pulled up beside a TT one before and I knew it was nasty but I wanted to see how fast he really was so I got beside him and was revving and shit. Got about a car length ahead and smashed it. I think he had a delayed reaction cause I put another car length between us and then he just came flying by. I was laughing. It was insane.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...
    racetek82 Just waiting on a few parts, looking for a B18A intermediate shaft, and finishing up my wire harness. Hopefully I can get it all squared away in the next week or so.
    Thanks for the update...Half-shafts or intermediate shafts shouldn't be too hard to come by... anyways yea just let us know what u plan do to...

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...
    well I hope things are going good and u are making some progress...would love to see some pics when u get a chance...even if ur not done yet...anyways plz keep us updated...

LXi User
    Vehicle
    86 Lx-i Hb.
    hey just wanted to throw this one to the top to see how everything is going........... hope everything is going smooth

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...
    well again to the top...

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Hatchback LX-i
    it was only like 5 lines down. why do you keep bumping it and adding useless posts for nothing?
    Chris
    http://personalwebs.myriad.net/mouchyn/accordsig.jpg

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...
    Well my B18A1 is going back together real soon and I will may use the mounts from ARD. If anyone is intrested I may be able to get a friend of mine to make some up but I cannot say that for sure. IF I do do this then the mounts themselves will cost me 700 bucks US. I may sell mine for say 300 or so and then that way u guys can have them for cheapier. I will keep u guys updated as my engine goes back together about what I am gonna do.

DX User

Talking Nice ... i need help with just such a swap

i like what your doing.. i have an 88 lxi and a b18 from a 90 integra, if you have any pointers for me or are interested in helping i live in contra costa county... im also looking for a few tuners out here especially some 3geez guys...

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)
    hey racetek, any progress so far?

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...
    I will keep u updated my man. And good luck finding some 3geez guys out there.

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    I'm going back to the origanal post. I'm hosting some pics because there so big. I like this swap here. I wish we had some up-dates on it.

Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 05-21-2005 at 04:50 AM.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...
    sry guy still getting crap for my engine so I can put it together...

Vehicle
    hey what happened to racetek? masterkilla, what's the update on yours?

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...
    well I now need all the bolts for my engine and some other things...just got a new set of cams for it and looking to get some DC headers...I will let u guys know when I start getting things rolling on the real part of this swap...

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...
    Bolts will be here Tuesday so I can start putting some of it back together...gonna pick up some piston rings and what not and go from there...Headers might have to wait a lil bit but I will get some...My main worry right now is just getting the engine mounts and the right axles...I am thinking that my psg side will fit both sides with the intermidate shaft...not confrimed yet though...

Vehicle
    good luck man. take some pics.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...
    will do...might ba a lil while...I am hoping to have this in by the end of the month or at the begging of next month so...anyways will try my best to keep in touch and all...

Vehicle
    hey i found this on preludepower.com.

http://www.geocities.com/b16aprelude...day.31.10.html

a guy did a b16 swap into his 2nd gen lude which is the same as the 3gee. from the looks of it you can use integra axles for axles and front crossmember to utilize the stock b-series front mount. just have to worry about the driver's side bracket for the mount. the b-series mount is wider and the bracket on the 3gee is too narrow. you might have to cut that off and weld in an integra bracket or custom one made of 1/4" steel plate.

as for the rear b-series mount, it looks like it can sit on the stock 3gee rear crossmember. you just have to drill new holes to be able to mount the b-series rear mount to it.

on the passenger side, the b-series has a transmission side mount, but the 3gee doesn't. i think you have to weld in a custom bracket using steel plate again there too for the b-series transmission mount to bolt to.

good thing about this is, you can do all this using stock b-series mounts. just have to find a way to get them to bolt to the 3gee frame rail and this seems to be the way.

this will be my approach to my swap. i suggest you try it out too since you are ahead of me.

if this works, this would be a relatively cheap way to do a b-series swap! (the engine would be the ONLY thing where most of the cost goes: $200-$900 depending on which b-series you are getting (except GSR, ITR, CTR, b16A2 which are like $1k-$3k). no need for ungodly expensive custom mounts, axles, and wiring) .....oh yeah, the guy also has pinouts in that site that would help with the wiring process...so check that out too (just go back to the main page and the link for the pinouts is there).
    Last edited by ICEMAN707; 06-13-2005 at 11:17 PM.

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN707
    hey i found this on preludepower.com.

http://www.geocities.com/b16aprelude...day.31.10.html

a guy did a b16 swap into his 2nd gen lude which is the same as the 3gee. from the looks of it you can use integra axles for axles and front crossmember to utilize the stock b-series front mount. just have to worry about the driver's side bracket for the mount. the b-series mount is wider and the bracket on the 3gee is too narrow. you might have to cut that off and weld in an integra bracket or custom one made of 1/4" steel plate.

as for the rear b-series mount, it looks like it can sit on the stock 3gee rear crossmember. you just have to drill new holes to be able to mount the b-series rear mount to it.

on the passenger side, the b-series has a transmission side mount, but the 3gee doesn't. i think you have to weld in a custom bracket using steel plate again there too for the b-series transmission mount to bolt to.

good thing about this is, you can do all this using stock b-series mounts. just have to find a way to get them to bolt to the 3gee frame rail and this seems to be the way.

this will be my approach to my swap. i suggest you try it out too since you are ahead of me.

if this works, this would be a relatively cheap way to do a b-series swap! (the engine is where most of the cost goes anyways: $200-$900 depending on which b-series you are getting) .....oh yeah, the guy also has pinouts in that site that would help with the wiring process...so check that out too (just go back to the main page and the link for the pinouts is there).

that axles thing is a exactly what I needed to know, I just wonder what year he used. As for the wireing I have a couple companies working together to getmy wireing taken care of. Jason at www.JKobd.com is making the sub harness and http://www.rywire.com/021dizzy.shtml is making the engine harness. They are woking with each other to help make the whole harness work. I am getting out for about $400.00 or less for both harnesses.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    that axles thing is a exactly what I needed to know, I just wonder what year he used. As for the wireing I have a couple companies working together to getmy wireing taken care of. Jason at www.JKobd.com is making the sub harness and http://www.rywire.com/021dizzy.shtml is making the engine harness. They are woking with each other to help make the whole harness work. I am getting out for about $400.00 or less for both harnesses.
    https://www.3geez.com/showpost.php?p=520713&postcount=5

I'm not sure how many times I've posted that but it's probably been about 5 times or so. I don't understand why the big fuss is over axles still. Try it out. If it work, there you go. 90-93 Integra axles.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude...
    well I think I can do this much easier now without the ARD mounts...I can get a crossmember no problem...the rear mount I will just drill and bolt up...the side mount is where I will have to think the most...axles are no problem for me right now...

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    I don't think you should pay that much for wiring bro. The 3gee dash is the easiest dash to take out. That would give you access to all the wiring under the dash pretty easily. If you look at the pinouts between the 3gee and a b-series ECU, you'd see that almost 90% of the pins match. You can even do it the easy way and use the whole b-series engine harness in place of the stock 3gee engine harness. You just have to figure out how to wire your guages and main fuse relay to work with that wiring. I'm sure all it takes is swapping out the guage cluster plugs. Honda makes it easy cus they use the same color wires for all their cars. A little splicing and color-matching is all it would take.
    So it's your choice, use a b-series ECU engine harness and do all the splicing at the guages and main fuse relay box, OR use your stock 3gee ECU engine harness and do the splicing & pin-switching at the ECU. Whichever is easier for you.

Quote Originally Posted by masterkillalw
    well I think I can do this much easier now without the ARD mounts...I can get a crossmember no problem...the rear mount I will just drill and bolt up...the side mount is where I will have to think the most...axles are no problem for me right now...

I dont think there was even such thing as premade ARD mounts man. But I hope what I posted helped. Good luck on it and take some pics!
    Last edited by ICEMAN707; 06-13-2005 at 08:24 PM.