Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: B-Series swap begins!

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    no, those are placeracing mounts. ARD just sold parts.

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN707
    I don't think you should pay that much for wiring bro. The 3gee dash is the easiest dash to take out. That would give you access to all the wiring under the dash pretty easily. If you look at the pinouts between the 3gee and a b-series ECU, you'd see that almost 90% of the pins match. You can even do it the easy way and use the whole b-series engine harness in place of the stock 3gee engine harness. You just have to figure out how to wire your guages and main fuse relay to work with that wiring. I'm sure all it takes is swapping out the guage cluster plugs. Honda makes it easy cus they use the same color wires for all their cars. A little splicing and color-matching is all it would take.
    So it's your choice, use a b-series ECU engine harness and do all the splicing at the guages and main fuse relay box, OR use your stock 3gee ECU engine harness and do the splicing & pin-switching at the ECU. Whichever is easier for you.
    Actually, if you can get a hold of an OBD 0 VTEC engine harness, you can use it like you said. But you don't need to splice anything to get the cluster to work etc. Just re-pin the engine harness to match up with the Accord cabin harness.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDX89
    Actually, if you can get a hold of an OBD 0 VTEC engine harness, you can use it like you said. But you don't need to splice anything to get the cluster to work etc. Just re-pin the engine harness to match up with the Accord cabin harness.
    hmmm.....cool idea. but i didn't think the words "vtec" and "obd-0" fell in the same category. i thought they were all at least obd-1 and up. you're gonna have to source that obd-0 vtec harness from japan from 88-91 JDM civics and tegs with the PW0 and PR3 ECU. too much trouble IMO.
    Last edited by ICEMAN707; 06-14-2005 at 08:33 AM.

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.
    hmmm.....cool idea. but i didn't think the words "vtec" and "obd-0" fell in the same category. i thought they were all at least obd-1 and up. you're gonna have to source that obd-0 vtec harness from japan from 88-91 JDM civics and tegs with the PW0 and PR3 ECU. too much trouble IMO.

They made an obd0 b16 powered CRX that is pretty easy to find parts for on Ebay. I can't remeber the ECu code, but I think it was P30. Dont quote me on that one, because I am not sure.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    All USDM VTEC motors are OBD 1 but the 88-91 JDM B16 is what you'd need. The harness would probably be hard to find but you might find it somewhere. All you will need to do to modify your Accord harness is change the plugs so they fit the engine sensors and then add the VTEC wiring. If you have both diagrams beside you, it shouldn't be hard. I wish I had done mine myself instead of having PRI rape me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    They made an obd0 b16 powered CRX that is pretty easy to find parts for on Ebay. I can't remeber the ECu code, but I think it was P30. Dont quote me on that one, because I am not sure.
    OBD 0 B16 JDM Civic/CRX = PW0
    OBD 0 B16 JDM Integra = PR3
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.
    theres one one ebay right now.

Obd0 Engine harness
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)
    I got the a20 motor and dash out. The car is basically bare bones now The engine harness was pretty easy to get to and remove once the dash was out of the way. I got bored today so I spent time cleaning the heck out of the engine bay with some Simple Green and water and opened up the wire harness to see all the wires underneath. I removed all the auto tranny stuff also. It's good to be back working on the car again. I dunno why, but for some reason I have more fun working on the car all the time than driving it. You can only have so much fun driving it till you get bored and want something more.

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89
    Couldnt agree more.

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition