Thread: Poly Sway Bar Bushings

Vehicle
    1986 lxi 4 handle, 77 gmc 4x4, 97 astro van on 18's,98 Honda Shadow Aero 1100

Poly Sway Bar Bushings

Hey guys....
    I did a search and didnt really find what I needed, I want to find correct part #'s for 86-87 lxi poly front sway bar bushings.
    Any help with part #'s would be appreciated.
    http://members.cardomain.com/3gn86lxi
    ~Ryan~
    Custom STEEL z3 fenders, and true HID

Vehicle
    88 LXi
    Quote Originally Posted by 3gn86lxi
    Hey guys....
    I did a search and didnt really find what I needed, I want to find correct part #'s for 86-87 lxi poly front sway bar bushings.
    Any help with part #'s would be appreciated.
    I think what I did was get a stick of hard plastic and drill a hole in it and make my own. I'm gonna tell you it was Delrin but i cant remember atm. I went to a plastic place here in town and they had samples to look at etc.

MSC or mcmaster-carr also carry alot of plastic stuff and ship anywhere.

wp

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    ok, let me see if i can help out here...

part number 51316-SE0-900 is for the sway bar mounting bushings... it DOES NOT crossreference with any other stock honda part...

you can use energy suspension part number 9.5157 with a couple dremel passes... it is a universal poly bushing and bracket... use the bushing only...

part number 52316-692-010 fits civics from 1988-1991, and also on preludes from 1988-1991... this should be an available part...

you can use energy suspension part number 16.8104 for your front endlinks... it's the whole endlink, and is a very common part... so common in fact, that you can probably go to pepboys and get it off the shelf...

hope that helps
    Last edited by Vanilla Sky; 02-03-2005 at 12:56 AM.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lx-i, 1975 Chevrolet Malibu Classic
    For the end links I bought some that were way too big with the correct ID and just cut them down and they work great other than the washers for the endlinks being rusted apart (which I will replace once I get to the j/y and have my tranny installed).
    The bushings I used are ENS-9-5126R in the summit online catalog. Just go to www.summitracing.com , type in the part number and you can view the part. It is actually a bit too small for the sway bar but I am sure it will wear down a bit since i didn't really sand the bar that well. The bracket for this is a little longer than what fits on the front but you can use it if you just cut the ends of it off, I just put it in a vice and hack-sawed the ends off and used the new bracket instead of stuffing it in the stock bracket. I had the end link bushings for a long while and once I upgraded by stock rubber bushings it really helped the handling even with studdable snow tires on the front. Too bad the tranny died 5 days later, hopefully I'll be getting the car back today!
    75 Malibu for sale, fully restored, $5,500 obo
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43055
    Currently driving a 95 LS soon to be turbo integra.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    what i listed for end links is a DIRECT REPLACEMENT part... not an "i'll make it work" part... just to clear things up... probably just as cheap as those bushings from summit, too...

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lx-i, 1975 Chevrolet Malibu Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Sky
    what i listed for end links is a DIRECT REPLACEMENT part... not an "i'll make it work" part... just to clear things up...
    Quote Originally Posted by danronian
    It is actually a bit too small for the sway bar but I am sure it will wear down a bit since i didn't really sand the bar that well. The bracket for this is a little longer than what fits on the front but you can use it if you just cut the ends of it off, I just put it in a vice and hack-sawed the ends off and used the new bracket instead of stuffing it in the stock bracket.
    I figured my explanation cleared things up about what to do to make it fit but thanks for the unneccessary double clarification.
    75 Malibu for sale, fully restored, $5,500 obo
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43055
    Currently driving a 95 LS soon to be turbo integra.

Vehicle
    Thanks vanilla
    I would rather go with poly ones, I don't care if they squeek. The first part # is for the frame mount, then the endlink, right?
    Do you think that Napa could get em?
    Anyway thanks for the help, I really need to replace mine, there is pretty much nothin left of them.
    ~Ryan~

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    yes, that's right... first the "frame mount" bushing then the endlink... napa probably couldn't, but autozone can... it's worth a shot, though...

Vehicle
    k. I havnt had much luck with my local Autzone, theyre stupid! But if Napa can't I'll give em a shot.
    ~Ryan~

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    go to autozone and ask to see thier energy suspension catalog... they can order what you want...