Thread: Other Honda suspensions on 3 geez's?

DX User

Other Honda suspensions on 3 geez's?

Which other Honda cars can we put the racing suspension on our 3geez?For example,my brother have a '90 CRX with H&R suspensions and my car is '86 4dr Lx Accord.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    to my knowledge, there are no other suspension setups that are known to bolt right into the 3rd gen accord. You'd have to do some R&D of your own to see if something might fit. Its been rumored that 4th gen (90-93) accord suspension is similar, but nothing for sure.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    93 civic
    Quote Originally Posted by NXRacer
    to my knowledge, there are no other suspension setups that are known to bolt right into the 3rd gen accord. You'd have to do some R&D of your own to see if something might fit. Its been rumored that 4th gen (90-93) accord suspension is similar, but nothing for sure.

I remember reading something about integra ones fitting in the front. Someone on this forum did illuminas on the car. You might want to search for that.

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX
    Someone on the forum used Illuminas on the front from an EF civic, like your brothers CRX.

I also have a buddy with an EF civic, who said that the forks and shocks from the accord bolt right into their cars, which is good news... now I'm just not sure on the rear.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    whoa really? EF's shit fit on our cars? Whoa
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX
    Supposedlly... He also just put teg suspension on his EF, told me to use those instead for the fact that they have stiffer valving to start with. He works at a Honda used parts place, so when I get my new accord, he;s going to hook it up with some suspension componants and we will see.

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    I was fooling around with the suspension from my 86 and my 90 Accord. I'm actually using the rear Koni's (for 3rd gens) with the Ractive coilovers (for 4th gen) that were originally paired in the 86. Anyways, I compared the stock springs from both gens and the diameter of the springs are the same but the height for the 90+ are quite a bit taller. So I'm guessing using lowering springs from a 4th gen will not lower your car (might even make it higher). The struts from the 90+ are also taller. They would fit the 3rd gens but with the taller strut body, you'll lose alot of (rod) travel distance so it wouldn't be a good idea at all especially in a lowered car.

In my case, using the shorter 3rd gen Koni in the 4th gen was a good thing since I lowered it quite a bit and still have a lot of travel distance compared to the 4th gen strut which would have had me sitting on bumpstops at the same height.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    89 honda accord LX
    so if he put teg suspension on his ef and ef suspension fits 3geez, then would teg suspension fit on 3geez? or does everyone know that but me?

zach

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX
    how about a strut and coilover setup for a 4th gen??? i've been offered a wicked deal on them.

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    The pic in my avatar is with 4th gen Ractive coilovers all the way down. So yes, they will work. That coupled with Koni reds for 3rd gens gave me an excellent ride quality. As for the strut bar, you're going to have to test it yourself. Some seem to fit if you extend the bar and redrill the tower bolt holes but that may not be the case for your friend bar (every bar is a bit different so it may no extend enough to fit).
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    I have a set of civic shocks/coils coming in here soon and will see what i have to do to make them work.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.