Thread: coolent port help

DX User

coolent port help

well i finially found me another motor, but had to swap my intake and exhaust mani's over to the new motor. but apon starting i noticed that i had a port on the front left side of the intake mani and i though it was a vaccum port but once it got warm enough it started pouring out coolant so i have no freaking clue where the tubing is (( it would make it easier to find the other port if i knew where it was)) but can any oh you all tell me what it is and possibly where it might need to hook up to.

DX User
    i have a pic but it wont let me post it up so if one of you all would like to post it for me........

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    What motor is it? Carb or EFI? that makes a big difference... coolant / vaccum port means nothing if you don't tells us what you have.
    - llia

DX User
    89 fi lxi

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    you hooked up the coolant lines that ran under the intake manifold right?
    - llia

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lx-i, 1975 Chevrolet Malibu Classic
    There is at least two coolant lines around the TB area but I can't really explain them w/o a picture. Look in the FREE ONLINE Honda Repair Manual, it should show you the coolant lines. If not, check on Majestic HOnda's online catalogue, I am sure that also has diagrams of the coolant system and parts numbers of each hose if you want pre-formed ones, which aren't neccessary unless you have the $$.
    75 Malibu for sale, fully restored, $5,500 obo
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43055
    Currently driving a 95 LS soon to be turbo integra.

DX User
    every pic in any manual that i look at it shows it from the throttle body side. and the port is on the side with all the vaccum and fuel return line are on. so i have no freaking clue. worked on it a bit last night. it's running like shit. i dont know. i think i'm gonna just block the damn thing off...

Vehicle
    2010 Ford Taurus SEL, 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    Bare with me, the accords at home today so I am going off memory...........

Infront of the intake manifold just to the right of the TB as you face the engine bay is where the IAC Valve (Idle Air Control), I believe thats what it is. It should have 2 coolant lines going to it. The one on the left side as you face the car goes somewhere around the TB and the one on the right (drivers side) around the intake and under to the first fitting on the coolant pipe inder the intake. Its a bit of a pain to get to but it can be done.

If its comming from 13 in the pic its the IAC

If I am right then the part you need is hose you want is PN 19518-PH3-000 and clamps are PN 95002-41250-04

DX User
    can some one send me an email address so i can send you the pic and load it on the website. cause it wont let me

DX User
    the port os on the drivers side of the intake manifold. like three inches back from the fuel return line that goes back to the fire wall......

Vehicle
    email it to me...............

[email protected]

DX User
    vinny i sent them to ya last night before i left to go to work.

Vehicle
    I just got them. Let me see if I can upload them for you. Only thing I can think of in that area is the drivers side port for the IAC Valve
    Last edited by Vinny; 02-25-2005 at 11:25 AM.

DX User
    if ya can't figure it out just post on the forum and we'll c whathappens then. cause i'm about fed up with this car so badly...

Vehicle
    its the IAC/ Look at the 2 pics I posted earlier. Its the Drivers side of part number 8 in the top pic. The hose that goes to it is pat number 24 in the second picture. It goes from the IAC, then loops under the intake and goes to the coolant pipe behind the block

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lx-i, 1975 Chevrolet Malibu Classic
    That hose has a real sharp bend and without buying the pre-molded hose from Honda you probably won't be able to make it out of the universal hose without it kinking. I came to this conclusion and this hose remains original on my engine after 174 mi. The thing is real hard and leaks a bit at the end above the oil filter so i'd best replace it real soon.
    75 Malibu for sale, fully restored, $5,500 obo
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43055
    Currently driving a 95 LS soon to be turbo integra.

it's for the fast idle I think, it should also be leaking where it runs back to, find it and runa hose to it
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

DX User
    well i took my two stage intake and my 4-2-1 mani off my old motor and put it on this other motor i got from salvage cause it only had the one stage intake and the 4-1 mani. so i have ports on the intake that i had to plug off cause i had no where to hook them up to the water pipe..