Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PROJECT , TURBO ( adams86lxi )

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    Quote Originally Posted by adams86lxi
    BTW:Can i use heater hose for the oil pan return?
    as long as the hose can withstand high temperature, it should be alright. Stock GTS corollas had Goodyear braided rubber hoses that can be found at a local strore for their oil cooler lines, so i dont think u will have any problem

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI 5speed
    Quote Originally Posted by smufguy
    as long as the hose can withstand high temperature, it should be alright. Stock GTS corollas had Goodyear braided rubber hoses that can be found at a local strore for their oil cooler lines, so i dont think u will have any problem
    Alright cool! THANKS!
    http://www.myspace.com/3364524

b20accord SN on honda-tech,homemadeturbo,clubcivic,turbod16, and many more

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    your most welcome adam.

Vehicle
    alright i got my johnny race car 5 inch intecooler comming now! Im just sorting out the little stuff. Im going to just run 2 inch charge pipes for the whole system. Now the output side of the turbo is almost 2 inches but not quite. I can fit a 2 inch silicone hose on it and get it to tighten down pretty good on it. Do you think it would leak at all? Its less then a quarter of a inch to small but i cant find silicone hose for less then 2 inch?

Does anyone know where i can get some mandrel bent 2 inch piping and various silicone connectors at for cheap?

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    it should not leak, given the fact you use the right clamps. Even tho the regular hose clamps are okay, they will not hold up to that much pressure. So you have to buy the right clamps and clamp it down and it wont leak. Besides, you are gonna do what like 12 to 15 psi tops? It should nto be a problem.

-

I don't know how much boost you're going to be running but it is recommended to crush that bov. It will be worth it at the long run; will prevent from leaking.
    Maurice

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    if it leaks... take it off again and crush it... its 2 bolts
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    alright cool, thanks guys! Im only starting off with 5 psi so i dont think the bov will need to be crushed but if it does leak i will. What do i do just use something to push down the top of it alittle?

Also! I have another question now. I want to put the bov before the intercooler about a foot after the turbo. Would the bov work fine this way or does it need to be real close to the throttle body? I want to use my cold air intake that is on there already and just route the bov somewhere on the other side before it goes into the intercooler. Other wise i will have to re do all the piping on that side too.

Id put mine real close to the TB less chance of overboost you know. if it vents of at surge and the release is tardy due to length of piping, intercooler and such it MAY have ill effects. Just be safe than sorry I think. Mike

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by mykwikcoupe
    Id put mine real close to the TB less chance of overboost you know. if it vents of at surge and the release is tardy due to length of piping, intercooler and such it MAY have ill effects. Just be safe than sorry I think. Mike

hmm, Ok thanks for the info. I was thinking it would be better since it would be able to bleed off the boost sooner since it was closer to the turbo. But im still learning all this.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Houston, Texas (Home of the Quicksilver project)
    hmm, Ok thanks for the info. I was thinking it would be better since it would be able to bleed off the boost sooner since it was closer to the turbo. But im still learning all this.
    You're thinking wastegate: it allows exessive boost pressure to escape before sending it to your intake. The Blow Off Valve (BOV) allows backpressure to bleed off when you let off boost, your throttle body butterfly closes, and all that boosted air between your turbo and your intake now has nowhere to go. That is why you want it close to your throttle body so it will repond quicker.
    "Feed their greed with your need for speed"

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Robs89LXi
    You're thinking wastegate: it allows exessive boost pressure to escape before sending it to your intake. The Blow Off Valve (BOV) allows backpressure to bleed off when you let off boost, your throttle body butterfly closes, and all that boosted air between your turbo and your intake now has nowhere to go. That is why you want it close to your throttle body so it will repond quicker.

nah, I wasnt thinking wastegate, i know the purpose of both i was just hoping it didnt matter where the bov was so it would be easier for me to locate it.

Vehicle
    putting it at the turbo offers a little better protection against compressor surge at high boost (nothing we really care about) but driving out of boost is best with the bov mounted right near the tb

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Also if you need a good place for silicone couplers, etc. High Temp Silicone has been pretty good to me.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    adam, the reason a blow off valve is placed bwt the intercooler and the TB is because there is always a pressure drop when air passes thru the intercooler. Very technically speaking, the warm air (the immediate air out of the compressor) is of a higher pressure than what ur boost gauge reads, and while it travels thru the pipe and the intercooler, it cools down and looses velocity, hence the pressure, and becomes likeable to the motor for combustion. Putting the BOV in the conventional place, is the reason to do its job. Its nothing but a pressure valve and pressure valves vent excess pressure.

Wastegate: has nothing to do for the intake, even tho it works off the manifold pressure gradiant, its only a check valve, not a standalone pressure valve, to divert the exhaust air either to the bypass tube or the turbo housing.

Vehicle
    alright i got my intercooler! Its awesome looking! Now i just got to figure out how the hell it will fit in the bumper lol!!!! I also now got a boost guage thanks to my friend totaling his supercharged civic 2 days ago unfortuantly. All i need now is alot of mandrel bent piping and alot of 2 inch silicone hose! Im planning on trying to put the stuff in this weekend!

Vehicle
    Well i got excited and started ripping apart my car for the turbo. I got the h22 manifold to bolt up now also. Here are some pics i took with the cell. I have to completly get rid of power steering for this to work. When removing power steering what exactly do i need to do to get rid of everything? I already removed the pump now i need to know what i need to plug and what to take out. Also how the hell do you people fit your intercoolers in your bumper!!!!!!!!

Vehicle
    looks SWEEET MAN... i cant wait to see it when its together! good work!

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    that manifold looks sweet as hell, now what kinda fan are u gettin?

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    now PLEASE, change your fuel management, a PK2 ECU costs close to nothing and someone put all the diagrams on how to wire this.... It's not a chippable ECU but it would at least prevent you to run on the lean side (even N/A)

BTW, do you think that a H22A header would bolt to the B20A without much hassle?

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    i wouldnt swap ecus unless the new one is chippable/programmable. An safc/dsm 450cc setup will give you more fuel than you could need, but a fuel pump upgrade is in order soon.

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter
    i wouldnt swap ecus unless the new one is chippable/programmable. An safc/dsm 450cc setup will give you more fuel than you could need, but a fuel pump upgrade is in order soon.

see thats what i was thinking too. I decided to not really mess with the ecu since i was going turbo and it wouldnt do anything for me really it would still run lean. Im planning on running safc when i bump up the boost. Surprisingly my car n/a ran kinda rich with the wrong ecu. I had the ect (engine coolant temp) sensor unpluged though, and i know that makes the car think its cold and will run rich.

BTW: How does the safc connect up? I heard there real easy to install? Also what does it take to get dsm injecters to work on our cars? I want to do these things soon after im boosted.

Vehicle
    BTW: here are a couple more crappy pics of my progress.

The flange that connects the turbo to the manifold is one we fabbed up are selfs. It takes the 4 bolt flange and makes it a 3 bolt odd shapped one so they could connect to each other. And its also turned alittle so it wouldnt hit anything. This shit is really starting to piss me off though! Everything and i mean every fucking thing that can go wrong is going wrong!!!!! Just got to be patient i guess.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    have u tried flipping the turbo the other way around adam? The way it sits right now, looks like u might run into some difficulty of routing the O2 housing and downpipe. Its gonna go towards the left of the front mount, and then go under the crossmember that connects the front and rear beam. which will put the exhaust pipe a lil lower to the ground and engine movement is gonna be a issue since u might have to leave some clearance so that the pipe wont hit the beam.

look at the way Rob-T mounted his turbo.

Vehicle
    nah the turbo has to sit on that side because if it was on the other side i couldnt get the charge pipe from the turbo to the bumper on the drivers side to go the intercooler on that side. Yes the down pipe is going to be a huge bitch i know lol.