Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3geez.com has seen better days

Vehicle
    1989 LXI Coupe Kswap, 1989 LXI Bswap

3geez.com has seen better days

with all the n00bs around and all the decent older members leaving this board isent what it was when i joined back in 01.
    i tired to contribute my part, and i dident say much until today when one n00b just pushed my buttons. i am all for the development of the site but..... nothermind this isent gonna go anywhere

3geez , i dont know what to say anymore
    maybe ill just jump on the bandwagon and go get a 240 or something.

a20a1, you the best, we need alot more members like you
    ct, you my boy, dont loose you sence of humor,
    josias, where ever your at, keep up the work, you have my number
    steve. dont sell the lsvtec
    too many people are giving up and now i see why
    Style Quality Uniqueness And Design
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

http://www.facebook.com/squadengineering

SEi User
    People arnt giving up because of a fucking website man,
    They give up because they move on in life, a 3g may be one hell
    of a reliable car for the price, But people move on to nicer thangs, and yes
    such thangs do exist.

From what i've seen out of your attitude, You dont seem to have an open oppinion
    You dont take thangs in you just spit them out and expect everyone to agree.

Its not that this site is full of noobs, its that this site is full period,
    There are alot of people here and your oppinion cant be the only oppinion everyday.

I'am sorry if i have offended you, But you come off as a bit of a pain in the ass when someone Replys to your remarks and you Come back with the big headed comments you have lately, I dont hate you, I like your ride, But you have to agree, with 4k members, nobody is going to have the same oppinion all the time. and thats where you have to keep an open mind.

Vehicle
    nah, i dont have no problem you you dude, we are all cool, i dont even have a problem with the noobs. i am a n00b on pleanty of the s10 v8 forums i am apart of. i am just saying the true 3geez brotherhood that we once had has dissappered
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    not too many 1986-89 cars running around in great shape. Around here theyre filling up the junkyards with 275k on them, theyre dying off slowly and soo is the interest in them. Ill keep mine though
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lx-i, 1975 Chevrolet Malibu Classic
    In my opinion this site has gotten better since I've been a member. I think the reason for this is because the longer people have a car the more they learn about it. I remember asking questions when I joined and no-one had the answer but today I have that answer and me answering for someone gives the at least 20 people who view that thread that knowledge also. Even though the same questions are constantly asked at least that means that these people new to their 3gs are interested in them and aren't just wanting to upgrade instantly to something else. I could own one much newer Honda if I put all the money from the accord into saving for something else but a major reason I don't is because I am confident I can fix anything on this car that breaks because of the help from this site. Without this site I am sure I would have given up on my accord at some point.
    75 Malibu for sale, fully restored, $5,500 obo
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43055
    Currently driving a 95 LS soon to be turbo integra.

Vehicle
    2012 Civic si, old bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by danronian
    In my opinion this site has gotten better since I've been a member. I think the reason for this is because the longer people have a car the more they learn about it. I remember asking questions when I joined and no-one had the answer but today I have that answer and me answering for someone gives the at least 20 people who view that thread that knowledge also. Even though the same questions are constantly asked at least that means that these people new to their 3gs are interested in them and aren't just wanting to upgrade instantly to something else. I could own one much newer Honda if I put all the money from the accord into saving for something else but a major reason I don't is because I am confident I can fix anything on this car that breaks because of the help from this site. Without this site I am sure I would have given up on my accord at some point.

extremely well put

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    well i don't know much about the site, since i've only been lurking here since 03. but since then there has been some pple who did get on my nervs with silly questions but i guess we all started out like that. so i can understand. i just hope my humor keeps yall laughing and my company is appreciated here.

but i hear ya Victor. but that's the way things go on forums, old vets leave and newbies come, but that's how you meet pple.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    I can honestly say i miss the old days when Justin's car was on the road. There dont seem to be many of the serious guys left and that post often. But i understand since im still a student so i have time to jump on frequently to post.

Vehicle
    89 accord lxi
    i love this site.

just thought i'd throw that in.
    Originally Posted by Justanothermike
    my A20 is not SLOW. ur A20 is slow.

Vehicle
    88 LX / 97 Teg
    remember last april fool's day when the site was pink for a few hours? i wonder what they'll think of this year...

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    Quote Originally Posted by RobT5580
    I can honestly say i miss the old days when Justin's car was on the road. There dont seem to be many of the serious guys left and that post often. But i understand since im still a student so i have time to jump on frequently to post.

me too! i miss the days of justins hatch, nates halarious shit, then matt's halarious shit, bling bling mike vs nate ahaha the first group buy for cf hoods when we thought were were all cool cuz we finally had hoods

ahh i can go on and on

hang in there victor, i kno u didnt say anythin that was bad i gotz yo back yo

Vehicle
    1992 Honda Accord EX
    Dude I am a neewbe alright I make really good money not to brag I work for a big cable company and dude When I bought my car It was between a 2000 explorer and a 1989 honda accord and guess what I picked dude i love this car man I could never drive nothing else I have fell in love with the challenge of having to make a part because aem doesn't make it LOL It takes a special person to own a 3gee and dude I am one of um

Vehicle
    `89 Accord LXi
    Amen to that
    Be nice to your Honda. If you or anyone you know harms or hurts a honda dial 1-800-hondabuse.

Vehicle
    thats just the point, we have pleanty of good members, ct has become my quickest best buddy, but no one is really putting up useful info anymore. all the people who put in alot of effort in the beginnige are gone or "gave UP" and i feel them
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

Vehicle
    ace, when the snow clears we still gotta hook up some time, maybe a junkyard rnu, we can go to some junkyards up here then some in rhode island
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

Vehicle
    1992 Honda Accord EX
    Dude defintally I am still up for that mini meet

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Well the site does have alot of new people. Alot just fit right in some come and go alot of vets have left but hey we are makeing new vets. But I agree that it has changed some for the better and some for the worse and for matt and nate and ect... Well those are some people that are hard to replace lol.
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

Vehicle
    1986 honda accord lx (r.i.p) 1990 acura legend LS
    i remeber when i first came here...did'nt even know that my brothers 3g was a carb.
    but hey ya live and ya learn.

i still feel like a noob sometimes, when smufguy, a20a1, helped me out when i should've known this stuff for sometime.

hondavtec...there's a few reasons why i gave up.
    but i don't plan on giveing up on the site....i like it here, everyone here is cool.
    most of the time supportive of each other..and has some cool ass meets (even though i've never been to one).
    ****** 1994 nissan maxima SE ******

Vehicle
    96 Civic (Turbo lsvtec) /87 accord lx/95 civic dx
    were all noobs at some point....i think the site has gotten better since i joined.... jesus like 4 years ago ... everytime someone has a problem people try to help out ... most people get along.... i think when i joined there were only a few hundred members.... if that ... now we have grown to almost 6,000... i think its great to see that many people that love their 3g enough to join a website....people grow up and move on ...
    Jay

I think we need more drama ... like the good old days
    Maurice

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    the board has gone from 1 turbo accord to like 5 in soo many years... i like how people are getting serious about performance etc... esp on a car that has like no aftermarket.
    I think there are less people on esp our old users, most have gone on to other cars (understandable)

Edit: another reason why i like this board is there are very very few ricers, the fewest on any board ive seen lately... thats a very good thing, you guys have good taste!
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX // 89 LX-i
    Quote Originally Posted by h0ndavtec
    thats just the point, we have pleanty of good members, ct has become my quickest best buddy, but no one is really putting up useful info anymore. all the people who put in alot of effort in the beginnige are gone or "gave UP" and i feel them
    I think the reason a lot of new useful stuff hasn't come up lately is because most things have already been covered. It seems to me we just get minor updates and opinions on stuff now. Ocassional new facts come in but the majority is out there on the site already.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Quote Originally Posted by Coroncho80
    I think we need more drama ... like the good old days
    Well if your punk ass would come around more mabey there would be. We like hereing how fast ur slow car is
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuspeed87lx
    were all noobs at some point....i think the site has gotten better since i joined.... jesus like 4 years ago ... everytime someone has a problem people try to help out ... most people get along.... i think when i joined there were only a few hundred members.... if that ... now we have grown to almost 6,000... i think its great to see that many people that love their 3g enough to join a website....people grow up and move on ...
    Hey don't forget that some of us noobs do try to contribute. Everytime I learn something new or find potential in an A20 modification I try to share it with the group, even if the subject has been approached before. If I didn't believe in the bullet-proof technology that went into the A20 I would have dropped this build like a pile of steaming shite years ago, I could have kept my low mileage 93' Civic and spent thousands ricing it out like every hondajockey with the millions of aftermarket parts out there but I decided to take the money and keep it old skool. Just because I don't have time to make 30 posts a day doesn't mean I'm not devoted to the cause and sharing knowledge. I've been at this build for years with planning and work but I'm gonna finish it even though I probably should have quit long ago.

I totally respect the senior members who are still active on the board, and I'm greatful for all of the knowledge I've picked up, but sometimes I resent being classified as a know-nothing noobie. If I didn't care about A20 users I wouldn't have even bothered to offer the option of selling the shaved OEM flywheels as a cheap alternative to custom work, which I've had minimal response to. (thanks to those Geez who have PMed me) I hope you older Geez don't think I'm being ungreatful but everyone has a lot to contribute. Even when there's the occassional idiotic noobie post that sets off the proverbial "bat to the hornet's nest" of angry posts we all end up learning something.
    Last edited by phrenology; 03-02-2005 at 10:21 PM.

"The Future is Unwritten" -Strummer

"speed costs money, so gaffer tape and cable ties will suffice"-Peasant Tuning

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    I first joined late 2000 when there was only like 50 members. It was like a small family where you knew everyone and what car they drove, what was done to their cars, etc. The "closeness" was really nice. But there was nowhere near the info we have now and we were still trying to figure out what exactly the B20A was, what kind of suspension set up was right, and stuff like that.

Now the site has grown to almost 6000 registered members (no clue how many are regulars but anyways) almost all the frequently asked stuff has been answered, tons of people have explored different parts of the car and how to modify it, there are like 6+ guys running B20A's, a bunch of guys running turbos, and any new member that joins now has tons of info at their disposal. I think that says alot about the hard work and dedication past and present members have put into this site and their cars.

We've kind of lost the closeness we had before but that will happen to any site that gets big. I post nowhere near as much now just because I'm much older now and don't have as much time as I used to as I'm sure is the case for many older members too. I honestly probably don't know over 50% of the regulars on here now and maybe 80% of the people have no clue who I am LOL. But I still to visit this site when I have time as I still find it the #1 site I feel close to.

Things have really changed the past 4 1/2 years here but I've never really though it's gone down hill. I think the positives more than make up for the negatives.
    www.b20accord.com