Thread: 1989 Honda Accord Aerodeck

DX User
    Vehicle
    None

1989 Honda Accord Aerodeck

Have any of you ever seen one of these and do you know where we can get one in the U.S Pictures of Aerodecks
    Oh, Snap! You just got droppped like a two cent whore!

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    We've seen lots of Aerodecks. They were never sold in the US so it would have to be imported. Prepare to spend a chunk of change tho. Ones in good shape still cost 3K US and then you have to pay the import fee and the inspection, etc. to make it street legal. This has been discussed many times on the board but no one has actually ever done it.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    if i had about $10,000, i would go overseas, pick one out, ship it over, and register it...

you could get around some issues by taking the motor out and having it shipped as parts... just get it through customs and you should be fine

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    this is as close as your going to get to an accord aerodeck in north america. 3rd and 4th gen accord wagons, sold in other countries as the aerodeck model. personally i wouldnt mind having either model. although i'd rather have the 3rd gen 2 door aerodeck.

Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaBoy
    this is as close as your going to get to an accord aerodeck in north america. 3rd and 4th gen accord wagons, sold in other countries as the aerodeck model. personally i wouldnt mind having either model. although i'd rather have the 3rd gen 2 door aerodeck.
    Those pics show 4th and 5th gen Accords.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    you wouldnt spend 10k on importing an aerodeck. the hard part is finding an importer to do it. there are a million and 1 JDM importers, but its hard finding a good euro importer.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    i have this thing i won't buy a car sight-unseen... that's what you're doing when you go to an importer... usually, at least

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    The 3G JDM Accord is now legal to import. The hardest part would be to find a car importer. There was a thread about this not long ago in the marketplace.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    1989 CA5 Aerodeck EXi 2.0 A20A4
    There are some variations among 3rd gen Aerodeck. If you are looking for the one with B20A engine (DOHC and 160 bhp) then go to Japanese model but the steering is on the right hand = may not be easy driving in North America.

If the left hand drive is important for you, then continental European model (except UK=RHD) would be good but they come with A20A4 engine injection (EX-i) or A20A2 carburettor (Ex) and they are less powerful compare to B20A engine.
    Of course you can swap the engine to B20A later as you can see there are a lot of experienced people on this board.

Once I had cross checked the body/chasis structure on the Electronic Parts List (not the real parts) and there seems to be no noticable difference between JDM and European model (apart from RHD and LHD thing). The parts number are all identical (first 8 digit) but last 3 digit shows slight difference. This means they are swappable to each other. However, one of my Aerodeck friend in Japan once mentioned that his friend worked for Honda (development of NSX) said Accord JDM model and European model has different steel thickness in some part. I don't know how true it is but just to mention as extra info. One thing I know is there are quite a lot of detailed difference between JDM model and UKDM model - suspension setting, diameter of front stabiliser, leaded model (=no cat.) for UK etc, etc. I can't believe that both model has been built in a same plant, Honda Sayama factory.

For the trim, only the JDM model has earlier model (85-87) and later model (88-89) simillar difference to US model - bumper and interior. Also the B20A camcover (gold vs black) and A/T has been replaced to improved type. All other EU model seems to have (I don't know 100% though) the same trim type identical to JDM early model.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Stock ... those 4th and 5th gens don't look as sporty as the 3g aerodeck.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1989 CA5 Aerodeck EXi 2.0 A20A4
    Quote Originally Posted by A20A1
    those 4th and 5th gens don't look as sporty as the 3g aerodeck.