Thread: cluth problem

Vehicle
    1987 Ex-i 89 SE-i

cluth problem

so just recently when im driving my car il put in the clutch to stop like everybody else does but when im stoped and sitting there with the clutch in the car will start to lowly move forward, my question is why does this happen am i low on clutch fluid, is the clutch wearing out or slipping or what?, im kinda lost on ideas here and anything would be awsome, thanx for any ideas
    -Who needs horse power when you got icy roads and bald tires

-To drift a car is to create reckless art

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 Accord LX 88 Accord LXi
    Our cars don't have a hydraulic clutch. How does the pedal feel? There is an adjustment on the clutch cable. If you reach down between the radiator and transmission you can feel a big adjuster that you can turn by hand.

Vehicle
    1987 Ex-i 89 SE-i
    nah the clutch feels fine, just like always its just when im stoped at a light or a stop sign with the clutch in the car still wants to creep forward
    -Who needs horse power when you got icy roads and bald tires

-To drift a car is to create reckless art

Vehicle
    1990/BMW/535iA
    Your clutch cable probably needs adjustment. What may be happening is that the clutch isn't disengaged comletely, which causes the transmission to stay partially engaged to the engine. To fix this you first need to find your clutch cable (thick black plastic sheath that runs to the front of the transmission. If you follow it down to the transmission, you'll see a lever to which the cable is hooked up. Slightly above that is a bracket with an adjuster nut through which the cable passes. To allow the clutch to disengage completely you will need to turn the adjuster nut counter-clockwise. Adjust this until the car no longer creeps at stops. Hope this helps.
    3axap.
    ------------------------------------------------

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    If you adjust it & if your car still creeps. I would bet it is the pressure plate or throw out bearing. Get a re-manufactured clutch & put it in. Sure your car could use one.
    Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 03-18-2005 at 12:18 AM. Reason: spell check

DX User
    Vehicle
    88 honda accord lx
    Why get a re-manufactured clutch! When he could get better one from nopi. It holds alot better, just abit stiffer than stock. an its only $300 an something, or he could rea an act street clutch for about the same price. I had a re-manufactured clutch in my car. It didnt last long!!!! Make sure you replace that throwout bearing even if it looks good!!! I had one to come apart on me. Good thing I wasent far from the house. I had to shift without the clutch.

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    Quote Originally Posted by jt money
    Why get a re-manufactured clutch!
    Re-manufactured, New, High Performance..... How ever much money he wants to spend. Another words re-place the clutch..