Thread: Weber DGV Fast Idle Adjustment

DX User

Weber DGV Fast Idle Adjustment

Hi everyone

got an electric weber dgv

I want to know exactly how you set the fast idle when cold

do you screw in the fast idle screw till it touches the cam when the choke butterfly is open or close? and set it to higher rpm than idle depending on the weather.

I tried it when the choke is closed so the screw touches the cam but the butterfly wont open cos of the screw and cam getting stuck. Also when engine is getting cold the butterfly wont close as the screw is on the way of the fast idle cam.

redline states that you have to adjust it when the butterfly is open but then it wont touch the fast idle cam....

Any advice would be great

Cheers!

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I have no idea mine was manual choke and I removed the choke.
    - llia

DX User
    why would you post here and reply when you got nothing to say that would answer this thread anyway????

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor
    do you screw in the fast idle screw till it touches the cam when the choke butterfly is open or close? and set it to higher rpm than idle depending on the weather.
    Yes, but it shouldn't really depend on the weather. You set it so it will run in just about any weather and warm up. 1500-1700 rpm or so is where mine was at when I had a dgv.

I tried it when the choke is closed so the screw touches the cam but the butterfly wont open cos of the screw and cam getting stuck. Also when engine is getting cold the butterfly wont close as the screw is on the way of the fast idle cam.
    When you shut the engine off and the choke is open it will stay open even when the engine cools off. Its meant to be that way and will not work its way back up the cam at all. To engage the choke again press the gas to the floor, the choke will snap closed if the heater is cold and the throttle will rest on the cam.

There are several steps to the cam. The highest step has a little lip that will catch the screw to keep the cam from rotating. Once the engine has warmed up a bit you need to press the gas again to get it off this step. Once its off this first step it will make its way down as the choke heater heats up. You set the fast idle speed when it is on the first step, its best to unplug the choke heater untill you have the fast idle set so it doesn't heat up and move down the cam on you.

The 3 retaining bolts around the choke heater can also be loosend and the choke heater turned to adjust what temprature the choke will start to open at.

andy

DX User
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!
    your explanation is very spot on and very clear!

thanks again

cheers