Thread: Took off some emblems and --

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

Took off some emblems and --

Hey i took off some emblems on the back the accord the "lxi" "accord" and "honda" ... that was easy i bought some googone to take off the junk but it didn't really seem to eat it.. does it take a crap load? any other suggestions on how to get the sticky stuff off?? also on the accord part it was almost like the tape didn't rape off but some of the plastic came off back of the accord emblem... lol so any suggestions would be great cause right now looks gross

250,000 and counting

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    unfortunately its probley going to leave a mark of where the tape has been sticking for 17 years. only thing i can think of is using lighter fluid, that's how i've gotten sticky shit like that off. and then wash and use a cleaner wax on the part that you did that stuff on. even then it likes to leave a mark. good luck.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

thanks -

thanks for the tip, although i'm a little worried to jump right out and poor lighter fluid on my car what about a heat gun? that should work the adhesive loose at least? gonna go that route -- btw it this works easy as pie, can we have an update in the "how to" "remove your emblems" because rubbing alcohol or googone just won't cut that adhesive, and looks really bad stuck on the back of yer car alright get back to you later

250,000 and counting

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    I sprayed mine with goo be gone, let it soak in, then sprayed it again and took it off layer by layer with a razor. As long as you keep the area wet and the blade flat you'll just take the glue off.

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    You can buy sticker remover at the auto parts store. Follow the instructions on the can. You'll have to give it a couple trys but you should get it right off with just a rag.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    89 Lx-i
    googone and razor took my LXi emblem off. i didn't mess with the honda or accord emblems

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

good deal

hey good deal,thanks for the extra tips i had a feeling i was being to hasty in my efforts to remove the crap, i don't even have a heat gun, although i do have access to a shop with one.. lol i'm @ home... sticker remover you say eh? sounds good to me... though i don't doubt googone/razor works not i have a bad feeling about scrapage, even though my paint sucks ass (damn cali sun).. gonna try the sticker remover, thanks for the help guys i'll post some updates with some pics just cause later

250,000 and counting

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    Goo Be Gone and sticker remover are pretty much the same thing, I have both. I tried just using the spray first and it seemed like it was all off, but about a week later, there was dirt sticking heavily to where the glue had been. After spraying it and using the razor I was able to lift several more layers.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

well..

well, yeah the sticker remover and goo gone are pretty much the same thing, although the sticker remove came with a little tool that supposedly would help lift the sticker, but it was pretty cheap and didn't work to well, i almost just ended up using my fingernail lol... most of its off though... just took some work... anyways it'll look better when i get the holes filled and it repainted someday -- cheers

250,000 and counting