Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some My Aerodeck Pics

Vehicle
    1989 CA5 Aerodeck EXi 2.0 A20A4

Some My Aerodeck Pics

Today I waxed my Aerodeck and I thought I should take some pics.

It is just suspension and exhaust mod and the engine is stock. I will work on that step by step. Thanks for all the knowledge you 3geez.com guys gave me. Without this site, I couldn't do this much.

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    Nice and clean! No rust either. The only thing you need now is a short shifter (I need one too LOL).
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lx-i, 1975 Chevrolet Malibu Classic
    Yeah that shifter does look super tall with that big knob. I must say the pacesetter adjustable shifter was one of my favorite mods on my Accord. It just makes it that much easier to shift.
    75 Malibu for sale, fully restored, $5,500 obo
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43055
    Currently driving a 95 LS soon to be turbo integra.

Vehicle
    Thanks YK86. Oh, I forgot to say this car is Automatic. The knob is aftermarket thing made by Nardi (Italian) for auto and the centre plate on top works as shift button. It looked too long so I used leather boot for 6th gen to make it look a bit shortish.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord Hatchback

I love how my car always looks like this.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik
    Is it wierd shifting with your left hand?

LX User
    Vehicle
    1987 HONDA ACCORD 1.6 EX
    Your car dear Epic1400cs, simply looks fantastic, one of the best Aerodeck in U.K!!!!!!!!
    You don't need to do enything more for Exterior-Interior update.
    If you care about speed., you can very easy find one Accord 4d 2.0I-16 for £400-600
    and swap the B20A2/manual gearbox to your Aerodeck(you will retain your cruise control system) or just go your Car to JAKAN HONDA, and they swap you a newer
    VTEC ENGINE or I-VTEC engine, if you want?...........................But this will cost thousands of pounds.

Anyway Beautiful car!!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats!!!!
    ACCORD 3G RUNS FOR EVER

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.
    The car looks great and everything on it looks like it is in mint condition. One question I have for you is. What exaust is that it flows so well with the car and to the untrained eye looks stock.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    nice aero. very clean.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    i waxed my car today. doesnt look as good as yours does though. it might look nice in a pic i guess. anyway, the aerodeck looks pretty slick. on the shifter mod. that was something i was thinking about doing.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    Quote Originally Posted by epic1400cs
    Thanks YK86. Oh, I forgot to say this car is Automatic. The knob is aftermarket thing made by Nardi (Italian) for auto and the centre plate on top works as shift button. It looked too long so I used leather boot for 6th gen to make it look a bit shortish.
    In that case, looks GREAT!
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    1320boy, your paint work has a lots of shine and looks great - mine surface start loosing the smoothness so I am thinking of polishing with polisher this summer.

Master bitesize, yes it is very confusing experience if you swap the side first time. When I go to continetal Europe, where they drive other side, first time I went crazy - I felt like I was driving up side down in the air but after 10 years now I can do both no problem.

Lok, thanks for your compliment. I will keep the exterior like that as I dont want to attract too much attention from joy riders. Yeah, B20A might be the next project but the insurance in UK might kill my life so wait and see. I had a JDM Aero with B20A before and it was memorable indeed...

Legend maseter, thanks, I polished where possible and repainted the leather steering, shift knob and armrest. The exhaust is stainless steel 'cat back' system made by PowerFlow - its UK franchise thing originally from South Africa - and the pipe is 2 inch dia. I needed good flow with minimum exhaust note so I didn't use 2.5 inch pipe - they couldn't gurantee the quit sound. They recommended me to go with big oval tail pipe like bus but I insisted descreet old school type. The tail is 2 inch internal and 3 inch external dia with silencer. It flows good and 3k to 5k is much more torqueful. It is ok and now I am thinking getting stainless header made by www.haywardandscott.co.uk. They quoted 500 GBP = $1000. I might go ahead this summer.

Master Hondaboy, the pic are adjusted with Photoshop - I didn't manipurate or add but I make the contrast and saturation stronger and make them sharper. You can pic up Photoshop Element on ebay like $10 and if you are into the picture, it is very handy. I have looked into the shifter from other cars like 2nd gen prelude but the fitting seems to be a bit different. If you find nicer one let me know!

YK86, hehe, cheers!

Vehicle
    Legend maseter, thanks, I polished where possible and repainted the leather steering, shift knob and armrest. The exhaust is stainless steel 'cat back' system made by PowerFlow - its UK franchise thing originally from South Africa - and the pipe is 2 inch dia. I needed good flow with minimum exhaust note so I didn't use 2.5 inch pipe - they couldn't gurantee the quit sound. They recommended me to go with big oval tail pipe like bus but I insisted descreet old school type. The tail is 2 inch internal and 3 inch external dia with silencer. It flows good and 3k to 5k is much more torqueful. It is ok and now I am thinking getting stainless header made by www.haywardandscott.co.uk. They quoted 500 GBP = $1000. I might go ahead this summer.

YK86, hehe, cheers!

Well If you can wait till I get my motor swap done, I will sell you the header that is on this car. I am nto sure what brand it is, but seems to give the car a great sound. I can't really tewll if there were any gains from the header, because I bought the car with it on there. I will tlak to the previose owner and see what brand it is.

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    epic, great looking car. That shit is so clean. I wish we had Aerodecks in the US.

1320boy, good job hijacking someone else's thread. Post pics of your car in your own thread.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    man, if i was driving that aero, i don't think i would be able to stop smiling. even if it is a slightly modified stock it shows stock can be sick. great car my friend.

Vehicle
    Legend master, thanks for your offer about the header. Is yours mild steel or stainless steel? I am a bit of shiny stainless fetishist... but if the steel is in good condition, I will sand blast and paint VHT. Wow, I am excited now.

Master SteveDX89, thanks, I am grad that 4 hours of polishing make sense.

89accord_lxi_coupe, well, I am smiling quite often when I check my car parked on the street from a window of my house. My wife thinks I am a wierd and askes me 'are you all right?'

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue
    nice areodeck you keep it relly clean

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord Hatchback
    Mister Epic, Thank you very much on the compliment but that shine didnt come easy. when my dad gave me the car it was a little wheather beatin but luckily the clear was still able to be salvaged. Now i've been detialing cars since 11 years old and one thing i know about a white car is that its very deceiving color. It looks clean even when its dirty, and dirty when clean. I dont know if you can find "Meguiers" wax,(like i said i never been there) but if can get ahold of the "next gen" wax trust me you wont have to spend four hours buffing the crap out of your car. I've been using it and i havent thought about anther wax. Now my car is smooth as glass, and im NOT exagerating. Its literally smooth as glass. So hopfuly this will help you out some so you can work smarter and not harder. I love the way your car looks. It has a perfect stance and looks to be so suttle. Take care.

Vehicle
    Legend master, thanks for your offer about the header. Is yours mild steel or stainless steel? I am a bit of shiny stainless fetishist... but if the steel is in good condition, I will sand blast and paint VHT. Wow, I am excited now.

Master SteveDX89, thanks, I am grad that 4 hours of polishing make sense.

89accord_lxi_coupe, well, I am smiling quite often when I check my car parked on the street from a window of my house. My wife thinks I am a wierd and askes me 'are you all right?'

the little tag on the header says that it is a pace setter. I am not quit sure what they are made of, because they are to burnt. Seems kinda pointless to paint or even shine up a header cause they always change colors due to the heat .

PACESETTER (Ceramic Coated / Non - Coated)
    Style: 4-2-1
    * Socket Joint Pipe (poor)
    * Average Construction
    * Poor Gaskets
    - Carbed Motors (LX and DX)
    - EFI Motors (LX-I and SE-I)

Vehicle
    Cheeseburger, thanks. I have bought it two years ago. Two lady owners before me and kept in a garage. It has never been smoked, all the ashtrays still had shine inside. I was smoker but I decided to stop smoking to keep it clean and I am non smoker!

Mister 1320boy, I have looked up the Meguiars NXT Tech wax - is that the one with curvy bottle? Sounds good. Price is a bit steep, $32 a bottle in UK, but if it lasts long, its worth it. Most of all I like the shine on your car. How long does that last? At the moment I am using Auto Grim Lesin Polish. It is pretty good and lasts about half year. Liquied Glass was other wax I liked but it took me whole one day to apply so I gave up in the past. Yes, white body keeps me busy. I liked grey metallic on my old Aerodeck - if I wash the wheel clean I could get away with it.

Legend_master, thank you very much for showing the picture. Your pacesetter looks very nice. Let me think about it - SUS header has been my life-long dream so I need to think about it. I will keep eye on the market place if you are going to sell there. Thanks a lot!

Vehicle
    93 civic
    looking good epic,

i have a question.

what is the two buttons behind the shifter? I like that armrest and there is a storage compartment next to the handbrake too! wow.

Vehicle
    Busted_Blue, cheers. The two buttons are antenna switch and headlight wash switch. Head light wash only works when the head light is up (of course).

and there are two other switches below air outlet. One is autocruise as you know and the other is the back fog switch for European market and in JDM it is front fog switch. Sorry for the bad pic.

The small box next to the handbrake is good for sunglasses. But I have to admit, I envy the SE-i armrest - it looks very solid. The JDM armrest is ok but its a bit flimsy.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    I want that OEM foglight switch. Any way of getting one for me =)

Vehicle
    Busted_Blue, You can't get this fog switch at all in US? I can't promise when, but I will keep eye on it if I go to junk yard. I slightly feel all 3g accord must have this switch in UK because the back fog is mandatory here. That means if there is our accord in a yard, there is a fog switch.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    well, the switches i've seen around here in the US are like hostilejava's

I like the white one rather than the orange. Goes better when the interior IMO.

Taken from Java from older threads, if that is ok with ya. =)