Thread: Back In Buisness

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI

Back In Buisness

Well the old 2g is up, runing, and for all intents and purposes legal to drive again.

It was out of commision for over a year now due to sean porting the head, me severly spraining my thumb in a car accident (damn air bags if it wasn't for them I would have walked a way with out a scratch), the brakes siezing up from sitting so long and the general coldness of winter. A new master cylender, new rear caliper, and a new battery and it fired right up. Its running pretty well I need to make some adjustments to the carbs but that was to be expected due to the head work.

For those who don't remember I sent my head out to sean to get a little port work done to it last spring I beleve (or was it the spring before that I don't remember its been so long). He managed to something like double the flow of the head and my manifold was ported to match as well. Were hoping to see a nice power increase in the upper rpms but its missing when it gets up to 5k so I'm going to have to do some tuning before we see the final results.

I should be getting down to the track some time in the semi near future so I hope to have some numbers soon. I'll like to see the car close to the 14's if not in them. I have hope that I'll be able to make that goal with the car tuned right and some decent tires. The bald michilin weatherwise sport tires that came with my junkyard rims are not exactly the stickiest tires out there. I've also invested in a gtech which should let me get some reasonably accurate numbers to post once I get the car weighed.

any way thats all the updates for now

andy

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    iu'd like to see what a DCOE accord will do... hope to see you getting it done soon

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    Glad to hear from you again. Doubling the head flow will sure improve what the A20A is capable of. This is a great engine... it just has a really restrictive head.

Any recent pics of your car?

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by carotman
    Glad to hear from you again. Doubling the head flow will sure improve what the A20A is capable of. This is a great engine... it just has a really restrictive head.

Any recent pics of your car?
    Hey guys my 2G A20A3 dual DCOE motor swap should be in the bag by next month. Phydeaux let me know how yours runs in the 1/4, I'd like to compare some tuning notes too once I get going. Quick question, Phydeaux when you did your rear Prelude discs did you swap the brake booster to a 3G one or did you just swap the master cylinder and preportioning valve??? I'm doing a whole lot more re-engineering and designing besides the DCOE/A20 mods so let me know if you want to swap some info.

"The Future is Unwritten" -Strummer

"speed costs money, so gaffer tape and cable ties will suffice"-Peasant Tuning

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    I used a prelude proporting valve with the stock 2g accord master cylender and booster. It works fine.

andy

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    I remember Sean showing me the figures for a couple of heads he worked on, I think one of them was yours. If so, good freakin' jebus! That thing will flow like a sumbitch. Dude knows his porting shite.