Thread: cylinder head tdc?

DX User
    Vehicle
    86 accord lxi

Question cylinder head tdc?

hey guys i just got my head rebuilt, new valves and such, and wanted to know how to set it to to tdc before installing and how do i know if its at tdc. I know that 3 valves are open but dont know which ones. Any help would be great thanks.

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    Your cam will set the valves to which ones need to be open. Set the cam spocket (mark) to TDC . Align the crankshaft to TDC on the #1 piston, then put the belt on. Here is link, this was discussed a week ago. https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43295

DX User

Tdc

On my 88 2 liter with the "up" on the crank sprocket at 12 o'clock, there is a notch on each side that you align with the top of the head.

Bill

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LXI Hatch
    On the crank there will be a small dot on the sproket and then there will be a dot near the oil pan on the bottom of the motor. Its kind of hard to spot. You will either need air tools or a real big cheater bar to get the pulley nut loose.
    86 Accord LXI HB

Pacesetter Header, Gutted Cat, Monza Exhaust 2.25", Bosch Plug Wires, Msd Blaster 2 Coil, NGK Plugs, Custom Cold Air, Centerforce Stage 1 Clutch, Fel Pro Head Gasket, Rebuilt Head, Integra Tranny Conversion, Delta 282 .430" Cam Grind

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    Ok, I don't know if you put the head on allready. But if you have the belt on and haven't taking the crank pulley off. Here is some insight. Even though I haven't taken my belt off in a while, I think this might save you some time.

(((( Saving yourself from pulling the crank pully off..... )))

After you get TDC on the crank with #1 cylinder ...."If" you can get to the belt tensioner from the top. You can take the belt off the cam spocket & then hold the belt up tight on the crank sprocket, don't let is slip down off the sprocket. While your doing that, move the cam sprocket (mark) to 12:00 postition. Put the belt back on.
    Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 05-04-2005 at 12:45 AM. Reason: re done this post.