Thread: Cluster reassembly

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

Cluster reassembly

hey i took out my cluster and what not to change some lights and i found it really difficult to hookup the speedometer again lol the cords so short? i had to do it blindly anyways i took it for a little test.. the needle seems to be a little jumpy around the lower MPH when coastings and excellerating.. higher MPH seemes alot more steady havn't taken it on the highway -- isthat normal? lol did i do somethin wrong? suggestions..?

250,000 and counting

DX User
    FWIW mine bounces between 20-35 and then smooths out after that. If its jumping around all the time its probally time for a new speedo cable...

.. or you can always take it out and try and lube it up the best you can.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i

thx

cool thx thats about exactly what mine does seems pretty steady above 25mph => well my back gauge lights turned out really well =>

250,000 and counting

Vehicle
    2004 Pilot EXL-NAV, 2010 Acura TL, 2013 Accord Coupe V6 Nav/Sat
    What did you do to your guage lights? Any pics?

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkblurr
    What did you do to your guage lights? Any pics?

yah for sure i put a thread up in appearence bro

https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43467

it sucks they look not as good on film as in real life... its a lot brighter

cheers

250,000 and counting

Vehicle
    for some reason I can't see any of your pics. The thread that has the link to your website does not work for me either.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i
    you know what i accidently left for a day or two with forgetting to resetup the network connection crap so the server was down doh! should be fine now though

250,000 and counting

Vehicle
    Looks pretty good. Did you find this setup somewhere or did you make it yourself? The changing colors and fadeout I mean?

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkblurr
    Looks pretty good. Did you find this setup somewhere or did you make it yourself? The changing colors and fadeout I mean?

woops sorry it took so long to reply didn't relize lol

i did end up doing it myself with some LEDs my brother had laying around the house, he bought them recently for whatever, they have a little chip in them that make them do the fading, or blinking and change color.. i replaced all 5 bulbs so it gives it that random effect you don't really get the same thing twice with them except they always do the same startup and fade to all colors when you first turn them on...

i'm not gonna put all the technical jabber on here but anyone with a little knowledge could figure it out... but it did take some soldering and the correct resistors... and then it was a little tricky to get a nice snug connection in the little light sockets...

i have the UV lights here soon i'm hoping to put them up in the top... for the lights that shine down on the needles? hopefully they will be bright enough to get some kind of glow effect going on... maybe witht he colors too... i was thinking that maybe could paint the needles to help them glow under the black light if they didn't to much.. but hopefully should be pretty nice...

anyways good deal oh i this is a repost too i accidently lost the longass one i wrote before lol

oh and a side note lol the bulbs that are in the cluster are these little ones with the blue cover on them? well one of my blinker lights was out on my sidemarkers so i put two of those ones instead (they are the same size)so now with the blue/yellow its sorta greenish hehe its looks nice at night... amber enough not to get hassled... *Shrug* was just to replace the not working bulbs but thought that was a little neat...

250,000 and counting