Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Body Kits

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    i wonder how much of a difference in the lengths the hatch is from the coupe and sedan. It was such a perfect fit on my hatch, if the coupe's are shorter then the hatch, i bet the civic coupe sideskirts would fit.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    wooo, body kit time for CT. lol.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    if you want a body kit, check it out. they'd look good. then you could do the integra bumper and it would look SAHWEEET
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    87LX / 86LXiHB / 90CRXSi(b16a) all gone... 91CRXSi(b16a) ...round two
    apparently 92-95 civic 4dr. sideskirts fir hatches pretty well.
    see below:
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43559
    garagement racing

stlhondas.com

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Houston, Texas (Home of the Quicksilver project)
    Before you new guys go out and spend money buying an Integra kit, thinking that it will just bolt right on, let me tell you, IT DOES NOT. Do not listen to these guys who tell you it does, as most of them have never tried it themselves. Some members have been able to get Integra front bumpers to fit, but IT IS NOT A DIRECT BOLT ON. It does take some modifications to get it right. I've been to a junkyard, pulled both bumpers and tried lining them up. Mounting points are different, which makes it not sit flush front to back, and leaves a gap above that would have to be compensated for. Read carefully the posts by the guys who have actually done it, and you will see they all say that modifications are required. Just a warning.
    "Feed their greed with your need for speed"

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986/honda/Accord hatchback
    do yall think the M3 style mirrors will fit a 1986 honda accord hatchback.
    [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=7][COLOR=Blue][B][I][CENTER]Nathan

Vehicle
    what kind of M3 style mirrors? it would probably take some work, but you could possibly adapt a 4g accord kit to work. Im not telling you to do it, I have no idea if it will work, but if you want to do some custom work, you can probably get it to work.
    garagement racing

stlhondas.com

DX User
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by sporkHSP
    what kind of M3 style mirrors? it would probably take some work, but you could possibly adapt a 4g accord kit to work. Im not telling you to do it, I have no idea if it will work, but if you want to do some custom work, you can probably get it to work.

Well they look like they would fit i dont see Y they wouldnt fit. They have the same triangle layout where it hoks to the car and everything. I dont know what kind their at RacinX.com
    Last edited by Bigg_Nate2008; 05-12-2005 at 05:02 PM.

Vehicle
    search the board for 4th gen mirrors, I know people have had discussions anout them before, I don't remember if they said they can work or not.
    garagement racing

stlhondas.com

DX User
    Vehicle
    they said they would they would just need to be rounded of fat one of the edges.

DX User
    Vehicle
    Would a 88-91 honda prelude front bumber and rear bumber fit my car(1986 honda accord hatchback).

DX User
    I recently found a nice body kit...

Kaminari Body Kity

it's only for 86/87 accords, however, so you late 3gen boys are out of luck...

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    Yeah I think that is listed in the FAQ. Is it still available to actually order? BTW, to get it to fit on an 88-89 you just need to swap the front bumpers.

DX User
    Vehicle
    87/Honda/Accord Lx
    I know you said that you only found 3 makers of body kits, i have an 87 accord lx 4dr, and i was even able to find a body kit for it. Extreme Dimensions. nuff said. www.extremedimensions.com then just do a search they have a spyder kit for roughly $850 i think it's a replacement though instead of a bolt on

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    They just recently started making those. If you do a search you should find several posts from the company on the board. Also, I'm not to fond of the design myself.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by asktheidiot
    I know you said that you only found 3 makers of body kits, i have an 87 accord lx 4dr, and i was even able to find a body kit for it. Extreme Dimensions. nuff said. www.extremedimensions.com then just do a search they have a spyder kit for roughly $850 i think it's a replacement though instead of a bolt on
    Have you actually gotten a kit from them? The pictures they show on their website are of a couple of 3Geez members cars, not anything they did themselves. There have been several requests made to them directly, and here through the forum for pics of their work, but to date, none have been posted (so far as I know). If you did get one, please be sure to post pics when you get it on, and also let us know just how good a quality it is.
    Thanks.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    i don't even think that spyder kit is made for the 3g. plus it's super expensive.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6
    i don't like how that kit looks on our cars. it doesn't really go with the lines of the front at all.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i
    the spyder bodykit dont look too bad on the 3g's as long as you do other bodywork like shave the scratch guards n put z3 fenders on.
    Last edited by daamizin1; 08-13-2005 at 12:59 AM.

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LX, 17"x7.5" Enkei 205/40's, Custom fabbed Seamless body front to back, shaved trunk, waiting for 3-Stage Candy paint to be applied

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Finaldestiny0521
    I recently found a nice body kit...

Kaminari Body Kity

it's only for 86/87 accords, however, so you late 3gen boys are out of luck...

This is not the def: of nice, and by the way this kit would also fit on 89-89 accords. PERIOD!!!

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee
    Quote Originally Posted by asktheidiot

Here is the actual link of The body kit Here Looks great however at over 11 Hundred Canadian it's pricey!!

I'm seriously thinking about learning fiberglass and seeing what I can come up with over the winter months...

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LX, 17"x7.5" Enkei 205/40's, Custom fabbed Seamless body front to back, shaved trunk, waiting for 3-Stage Candy paint to be applied

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2003
    Here is the actual link of The body kit Here Looks great however at over 11 Hundred Canadian it's pricey!!

I'm seriously thinking about learning fiberglass and seeing what I can come up with over the winter months...

Xcelent Idea!!!! Go for it, there is only one way to learn, trial and error.
    Be fully aware fibrglass is very hard to work with when faced against the forces of gravity and is messy as hell. Plan to do a lot of sanding, sanding, filling, sanding, and more sanding, glazing, and more glazing and sanding. Not as easy as some people my think...lot of fabrication to make the product look flawless....Could be a disaster, it you don't got the skill, patience, and time to finish custom fibreglass work...PERIOD!

tRY NOT TO USE A LOT OF FILLER TO FILL IN LOW SPOTS AND MISTAKES,,,SPEND THE TIME AND LAYER THE CLOTH IN THESE BAD AREAS, CUT THE SHAPE NEED, BUT MAKE SURE YOU DO IT IN LAYERS,, WHEREAS THE FISRT LAYE IS SMALLER, THEN THE NEXT LAYER SLIGHTLY LARGER,,,AND SO ON,,,,TO BUILD IT UP...

I am curretly finishing my 88 LX custom body work,, should be ready for paint in the next 2 weeks...IceMan707 is gonna have a serious contender to deal with in here, his car motivated me to attempt something that has never been done by any 3 geez member....don't have a digi cam...but when I'm finished, I'm gonna get some didgi pics and post them in here....You guys are gonna be amazed!!

Body Mods:

Custom Fab rear Bumper (seamless)
    - body kit rear from???(Fabed, cut, custom molded to fit took 40+hrs)*

Custom Fab trunk Seamless (fab seam with bumper20+hrs)

Trunk Shaved

Seamless Front Bumper
    - 90-93 TEG Spyder 2
    - Fab custom bumper into hood (40+hrs)
    - Fab custom hood release opening

Side skirts
    - Custom Hand bilt from scratch (60+ hrs)
    - completley seamless (even under the car)
    - flares up into fender wells
    - capped and flared inside fender wells

Other Mods

Gonna probley make a how to thread to complete these custom fibreglass body work for the 3Gee, but not untill I finish my car, still gotta a lot of work to do before she's painted in 2 weeks.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Mod_Accord
    Xcelent Idea!!!! Go for it, there is only one way to learn, trial and error.
    Be fully aware fibrglass is very hard to work with when faced against the forces of gravity and is messy as hell. Plan to do a lot of sanding, sanding, filling, sanding, and more sanding, glazing, and more glazing and sanding. Not as easy as some people my think...lot of fabrication to make the product look flawless....Could be a disaster, it you don't got the skill, patience, and time to finish custom fibreglass work...PERIOD!

tRY NOT TO USE A LOT OF FILLER TO FILL IN LOW SPOTS AND MISTAKES,,,SPEND THE TIME AND LAYER THE CLOTH IN THESE BAD AREAS, CUT THE SHAPE NEED, BUT MAKE SURE YOU DO IT IN LAYERS,, WHEREAS THE FISRT LAYE IS SMALLER, THEN THE NEXT LAYER SLIGHTLY LARGER,,,AND SO ON,,,,TO BUILD IT UP...

I am curretly finishing my 88 LX custom body work,, should be ready for paint in the next 2 weeks...IceMan707 is gonna have a serious contender to deal with in here, his car motivated me to attempt something that has never been done by any 3 geez member....don't have a digi cam...but when I'm finished, I'm gonna get some didgi pics and post them in here....You guys are gonna be amazed!!

Body Mods:

Custom Fab rear Bumper (seamless)
    - body kit rear from???(Fabed, cut, custom molded to fit took 40+hrs)*

Custom Fab trunk Seamless (fab seam with bumper20+hrs)

Trunk Shaved

Seamless Front Bumper
    - 90-93 TEG Spyder 2
    - Fab custom bumper into hood (40+hrs)
    - Fab custom hood release opening

Side skirts
    - Custom Hand bilt from scratch (60+ hrs)
    - completley seamless (even under the car)
    - flares up into fender wells
    - capped and flared inside fender wells

Other Mods

Gonna probley make a how to thread to complete these custom fibreglass body work for the 3Gee, but not untill I finish my car, still gotta a lot of work to do before she's painted in 2 weeks.

Sounds really cool (even the second time I read it ). My advice though, is get a digital camera now!!!! That way you can take pics of the progress. If you are serious about a "how-to" on this, then the pics will be very helpful.
    Many props to you though for underaking this venture. Hope it turns out good.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Quote Originally Posted by Robs89LXi
    Sounds really cool (even the second time I read it ).
    It was long enough that I didn't realize it was a duplicate at first.

I fixed the problem.
    - llia

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee
    Wow thanks for that input Pro_Mod_Accord!!!!

I actually have a couple people showing me the ropes with fiberglass but what you typed has now even inpired me more!!

I was thinking of creating a mold for the front and back bumper.. Possibly by cutting and combining one or two bumpers... Would this be a good starting point?

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.