Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Body Kits

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LX, 17"x7.5" Enkei 205/40's, Custom fabbed Seamless body front to back, shaved trunk, waiting for 3-Stage Candy paint to be applied
    If that's the avenue you wanna go,,then go for it....Gonna be a lot of work to fabricate and fiberglass a whole bumper...just remember before you attempt the whole piece is gonna have to be blanced......left side = right side.....if you have a mold fabed right it will work....

Do NOT use a lot of filler to create you pieces....BAD IDEA! Spend the time and figure out how you are going to create your custom mold for the fibreglass work...This is your base and it's very important...if you don't have the patenice to work out imperfections,,,and the frustrations associated with the messinees of fibreglass...it will be a disaster...

#1 Tip:

Use Foam Insulation in a can to create customs molds,,,but note it is messy (sticky) as hell and it doesn't like the vertical forces of gravity...prepared to get messy....but when cured it's get to shape,,,can be cut, sanded,,,it's great!!

Damm never thought of taking any pics when I fab my customs molds,,,wish I did..sorry guys...

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LX, 17"x7.5" Enkei 205/40's, Custom fabbed Seamless body front to back, shaved trunk, waiting for 3-Stage Candy paint to be applied

Lightbulb

If that's the avenue you wanna go,,then go for it....Gonna be a lot of work to fabricate and fiberglass a whole bumper...just remember before you attempt the whole piece is gonna have to be blanced......left side = right side.....if you have a mold fabed right it will work....

Do NOT use a lot of filler to create you pieces....BAD IDEA! Spend the time and figure out how you are going to create your custom mold for the fibreglass work...This is your base and it's very important...if you don't have the patenice to work out imperfections,,,and the frustrations associated with the messinees of fibreglass...it will be a disaster...

#1 Tip:

Use Foam Insulation in a can to create customs molds,,,but note it is messy (sticky) as hell and it doesn't like the vertical forces of gravity...prepared to get messy....but when cured it's get to shape,,,can be cut, sanded,,,it's great!!

Damm never thought of taking any pics when I fab my customs molds,,,wish I did..sorry guys...

Just waiting for my Tri-Coat paint and supples I ordered.....Base it going to be Metallic Silver BC with Candy paint over top then Cleared...gonna be sweet!!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 honda accord
    I got a spyder kit for my 88, 4dr and i wanna talk to someone whose put one on, cuz its no simple bolt on, I think im gonna have to make my own brackets for it

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee
    I actually thought of that... (Foam Idea) you mean like mono foam right? What is the importance of equal weight on both sides?

Aswell how many layers would be considered minimum? and what would be considered the maximum ammount of layers?

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

LX User
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2003
    I actually thought of that... (Foam Idea) you mean like mono foam right? What is the importance of equal weight on both sides?

Aswell how many layers would be considered minimum? and what would be considered the maximum ammount of layers?

Any type of insulating foam in a can will work...3-4 layers min. you can use as much as you want...I wouldn't use more then 6 layers...can get pretty thick...

Yah the Spyder bumper has to be customized to fit our cars....defietly use some type of lower brackets by the fender wells..they have a tendency to bounce...

LX User
    Vehicle
    When I say balanced, I am referring to creating one area that is identical to the opposite side....this is were custom molding is time consuming....one side looks great but then you have to fabricate and duplicate the other one to match up...could be a disaster.....

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee
    I'm sorry I should have been more specific....

"As well how many layers would be considered minimum? and what would be considered the maximum amount of layers?"

(Referring to the fiberglass laying itself)

I know it's dependant on where you need the strength but is it advisable to do a minimum of 2 layers of fiberglass ?

Birthdays are good for you!! Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i
    heres my car domain site, i have the spyder kit on there.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2110099

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord 2 door lxi 5 speed

Re: Body Kits

I am looking for a kit for an "89" 2 door accord ware can i find it

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 honda accord 2 door lxi 5 speed

I am looking for a kit for an "89" 2 door accord ware can i find it

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

dude read the damn thread!!!
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

DX User

hi, i'm new and i'm just wondering if anyone knows where to get a bodykit for a 1985 honda accord hatch. my uncle just gave it to me and i'm trying to make it a project ride. thanks!

doesn't body kits ruin the aerodynamics?
    i's still not sure if i should get one.... and if i relly want to get a body kit i will go to a specialized tunner to make something really special!!! i just need the money!!!

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89

Aer0deck, where are you from?

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

its a secret... far far away from you guys

Vehicle
    1990 Nissan 240SX w/ VG30DETT

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2003
    I'm sorry I should have been more specific....
    "As well how many layers would be considered minimum? and what would be considered the maximum amount of layers?"
    (Referring to the fiberglass laying itself)
    I know it's dependant on where you need the strength but is it advisable to do a minimum of 2 layers of fiberglass ?

Laying glass for strength depends on a couple of things.

1. curves add strength

2. number of layers depends strongly on weight and weave of glass.

Fiberglass comes in many different weights (this refers to thickness) and weaves that are better applied for different purposes. Thinner glass will mold more complex designs. Thicker glass will require significantly less labor. You can also get glass that is woven tightly or loosely like fabric, or you can get glass that is woven like plywood - every which way. Straight rigids lays are better done with plywood weave. They are stronger. Curvy lays are better done with fabric woven, it bends and molds more predictably.

I've only done small projects in glass, like a set of custom speaker pods in my brothers 91 civic, but so far that is all I've picked up. If somebody knows more or sees need to correct me go for it. And if you really want to know about forming glass, go to your nearest boat repair and construction shop. Nobody throws glass like a boatbuilder.

Later.
    Lockleaf

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

i think the aerotech bodykit should go on here

just thought I would throw this out there, in case it wasnt allready known

http://www.grounddynamics.com/mercha..._body_kits.htm

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by JeepinGoose
    just thought I would throw this out there, in case it wasnt allready known
    http://www.grounddynamics.com/mercha..._body_kits.htm
    That was already posted a few times.

DX User

:-)
    Last edited by gamenerd; 03-20-2006 at 03:07 PM.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i

How hard it will be to make it fit all depends on how much you know and how skilled you are. If you do body work and bodykits a lot then it won't be too bad, If you have never done anything like it before then you will probably not want to buy a complete bodykit and start cutting it because there is a chance it won't work. What you should do is go to the junkyard and buy a bumper off a 90-93 accord and see how hard it will be to customize it, because then you will be able to figure out wether you think your confident enough to put out the money and try or maybe decide doing a custom kit will be too hard. There are a couple companies that sell bodykits for the 3geez if your interested in that.

Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI

Quote Originally Posted by Aer0deck
    doesn't body kits ruin the aerodynamics?
    i's still not sure if i should get one.... and if i relly want to get a body kit i will go to a specialized tunner to make something really special!!! i just need the money!!!
    What??? Where did you hear that? Bodykits and spoilers improve aerodynamics.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Se-i

Check this out...the 02-05 Civic and the 04-05 1.7 EL have the same lip, rocker (or whatever you call it) under the doors, ours just sticks out a little further, so there would be a slight gap between the skirt and the doors. Only 3 cm needs to be cut off the skirts' length to make 'em fit our cars. I'm lookin' at a set of 1.7 EL skirts - they retail for $857.00 a pair which is a little fu*kin' rediculous, but I found 'em on clearance for only $184.00!!! Apparently the 1.7 EL wasn't that popular so Acura is clearing out all of its accessories at up to 80% off.
    http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/332...lskirts7lg.jpg

I also managed to custom fit a 94-97 Accord Stillen Touring lip on the original 3rd gen bumper. Don't laugh, but I cut pieces off of a plastic paint tray to extend the lip on the sides, just need to mould everything together. Check out the pics and tell me what y'all think.
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4382/lip14lk.jpg
    http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3883/lip25is.jpg
    http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8985/lip37rd.jpg

I'm workin on a flush headlight conversion as well and Photoshopped a few concepts. Also included a pic of the headlight cover I cut, but still haven't decided how to mount it. As of now I have 2 Hella 90mm headlight modules (low beams) temporarily mounted on the original brackets for the retractable headlight assemblies. Still workin' on fab of the new bracket to mount both high and low beams.
    http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7...rsioniiiic.jpg
    http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6203/hlcov15jl.jpg
    http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/796/h22084ib.jpg
    An H22 swapped into a 3G Accord is the kind of stuff you only read about in fairy tales.

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue

ohhh dam dude thats going to look sweet!! keep us updated

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Se-i

Thanks, Cheese. You know I will!

G.
    An H22 swapped into a 3G Accord is the kind of stuff you only read about in fairy tales.