Thread: how to stop trunk rattle

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 LX Action

how to stop trunk rattle

i sprayed a buttload of expanding foam in between the two metal pieces on the trunk lid and would reccomend it to all. its a biotch to work with, but once i cleaned up all the excess, i am amazed at how it helped. im by no means rattle free, but the foam took away a good 70% of it, and its alot cheaper than dynamat. just make sure not to get it on your carpet, it won't come off! i also got a little on my glass, ill have to razorblade it off. now my big problem is part of my rear dented in, and it rattles bad against the trunk lid, its actually causing the metal to rust.now if i could fix that and stop those 2 rods from rattling, id be all set.
    Last edited by staticpat; 07-17-2002 at 07:51 PM.
    real 3geez http://www.3g-generation.com

i sold the honda. now working on a car with little bit more potential, an 88 supra. i still stop by occasionally.

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    well goodluck man....thanks for the info, as you can see not many people pay attention to this area lol. I hardly ever get replies to my posts here.
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

Vehicle
    1991 Supra Turbo W/ 12k Miles
    ya there are a few key spots in the trunk that you have to hit and the rest is good ol' vibration... someone once told be to check the wires behind the brake lights because sometimes they rattle as well... check it out and see if you can find something that we didnt know of....
    ~Nathan~

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
    ~StOcK PiCs~

LX User
    Vehicle
    86 VW JEtta
    Thats an awesome Idea, and I think i will have to do it
    I use to drive rice...and I loved it, now I drive Kraut, and I know just how lost I use to be.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 Accord (Australian Model Si)
    I'm with you man... I hate boot rattle.. shits me to tears it does. And its those two rods that run along the boot. Where do you get that foam stuff from? and how much?