Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is it worth fixing?

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ajs
    the dent in the trunk lid does not bother us it the big dent under the tail light that bothers us

on another note we re torcked the head today and had to re tighten a bolt on the side suport peace for the engin cause it came lose 3rd time we have had to do this since 93 something to do with some acident my mother had on a moutan road anyhow did that put on a new uper belt cover

question when we were at the recors cuple moths back i grab the head cover from a exi. it should work fine with the carbed engin head right?
    also would this count as a mod lol btw
    if your wondering what happend to the head we paid 35$ for at the recors i think it probly became property of the shop being we sorta forgot about it they can have it i gues

the pistion rings on cylinder 2 are what we think are causing us to burn a quart of oil every 1000kms also we changed the oil last weekend

these were taken on the trip up north on sunday july 31st at about 9:30 at nite

looks the same just the damage to the tail light and below and now the bumper is slightly hanging lower that probly from

anyways so theres just some bolts ya gota take out to take that peace out then or is it also welded in place? do not have a wire welder unfornatly just a crapy stick welder also at the recors i have never seen a hatchie out there

also the car has quit diesling latly used to when i drove it gues i am geting the hang of turning it off
    it should be bolted on. to get the old one out, it helps to remove the taillights and the center piece first. don't forget the bolts at the ends they are kind of hard to see, might be behind the trim.

Vehicle
    72 145s my dad has the million k 87 lx
    txs for the info shall rember to look for thoughs
    due were guna pull out the tail lights were guna get a new set of tail lights from the recors lol while were at it lol

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ajs
    question when we were at the recors cuple moths back i grab the head cover from a exi. it should work fine with the carbed engin head right?
    also would this count as a mod lol btw
    if your wondering what happend to the head we paid 35$ for at the recors i think it probly became property of the shop being we sorta forgot about it they can have it i gues
    the pistion rings on cylinder 2 are what we think are causing us to burn a quart of oil every 1000kms also we changed the oil last weekend
    looks the same just the damage to the tail light and below and now the bumper is slightly hanging lower that probly from
    anyways so theres just some bolts ya gota take out to take that peace out then or is it also welded in place? do not have a wire welder unfornatly just a crapy stick welder also at the recors i have never seen a hatchie out there

also the car has quit diesling latly used to when i drove it gues i am geting the hang of turning it off
    I don't think a exi valve cover is a mod, I'm pretty sure it will work.
    You might have to weld a piece in there to make it look good. Not sure if you have a TIG or MIG welder, but you can make any weld with them look good with some grinding. Cut that piece out that hatchie with a cutting torch if you have too. Weld that piece back in place.
    Your on the right track with burning oil, the smoking out the engine sounds like the rings could be bad, do a wet leakage test along with a compression test to see what the condition of the rings on the cylinders are.
    *EDIT* The diesling is the car getting hot along with the timing off &/or fuel mixture off a little, &/or along with few other issues not seen.
    Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 08-10-2005 at 08:54 PM. Reason: wording

Vehicle
    ok well the that cover will look beter on the car i gues here it is

just been sitting in the back portch for the last while lol

got a crapy stick welder the 99$ spealial lol

Vehicle
    ok well my dad did this figure nuthing to loos trying
    with the 2 bolts undun he started to straiten it out

we also took a screw driver and took off the lx logo just duble sided tape lol had no idea though it was rivited like the honda symble
    now it looks like it had just rusted out there and was patched up lol

not bad gues it could be a temperary fix he also stratend out the back end so now the trunk lid is lvl with the tail lights again on that side

Vehicle
    i guess your trim is different mine ubolts and the entire thing comes off in one piece

Vehicle
    lol told ya
    anyways here a pic right befor we whent camping on friday

hadn't quiet finished tieing it up yet

Vehicle
    is that a cb antenna on a three g? sorry,a lot of people i knew up north had them on their cars,haven't seen one for a long time. i even knew a guy who had a battery powered cb on his bicycle.

Vehicle
    no thats a vhf antena lol handy to have when you lock you keys in the car as well lol funyest thing this weekend we whent camping out on a lake and well we thought we lost the key gue were they were in the pasinger door lock right in plane site lol but normaly my dad leaves them in the ignition not the door lol 3 days it was like that lol

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh
    i would just keep as a beater. body sounds like its been to hell and back and unless your thinking about turning her into a show car its not worth the complete rebuild. keep your costs low and fix only what needs it. save and prep for a new car. if you love the 3g then find a nicer one in the area and grab it up, and turn it into something pearldrop would be proud of.

as far as your pops is concered.....is it really a million miles? if so you should contact honda. they eat up publicity stuff like that. some companies give newcars. then they can strip it and see what their engines do after a million miles. read and article once....honda gave some dude 2 accord over a period of 10 years because of this. did it to his first one ( a 3g!), they gave him a new one in the mid 90's and he did it again then they gave him a 3rd one just because its so cool.

-Travis-

Vehicle
    lol a beater your joking right

the new cars are so ugly besides this is gota be one of the esayest cars to work on

its 650,000 miles or 1,000,000 kms estimated

sounds like this guy deserved it gota rember we put this milage on it over a 18 year period not a 4 5 year period lol thats lots of drive if ya sit down and do the math

on another note my mother refues to drive this car anymore she says it has to much power under that pedal lol shes the one who put it through hell.

Vehicle
    spoken like a true lover of their car, if it means that much to you go ahead and fix it up, i've seen cars in a lot worse shape then that that have been fixed up.

Vehicle
    this car has many things on it that are worn out lol

Vehicle
    last nite when my dad got home from work we took the back bumper off to see what brock and found this when we were undoing the bolts from underneeth one of them sheerd off

lol gues it would brock eventaly anyways least were fixing it now and not when it's -30 outside
    we temperarly fixed it bye puting a peace of wood and a bolt till we can get a new one or one from the recors

like i said its a temperary fix plan is to go to the recores on the weekend and pick up another one if we can find one in beter shape

this fall on my foot when we took the plastic bumper off lol

on another note one of my dads co workers is offering us a free mercadies benz from 1972 the wner had died and the family does not whant this car so were guna go look at it even if we can't use it we can sell it at are friends used car dealer ship lol its a deasal its a 50/50 chance on it being good or a bad car lol guna get a look at it today will have to move my volvo over i gues to park it
    Last edited by 1ajs; 08-16-2005 at 07:16 AM.

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    Damn, that is big rock that was in the bumper. -30 degrees, that is cold. Where you at again? Sounds like the free Volvo is a deal. That bumper support needs replaced.

Vehicle
    i already have a volvo 72 145s rust bucket
    we got a free 1972 mercadiz deasil last nite just gota get it home even if we can't use it we can strip it and sell it for parts

i live in winnipeg
    if you go to google maps and zoom all the way in it will take you right to the univercity of winnipeg

we trie to take the hole bumper off but a bolt sheerd off on the drivers side a mystry bolt that is not shown in the diagram in the manual
    Last edited by 1ajs; 08-17-2005 at 08:34 AM.

Vehicle
    the freebe car is out front

anyhow plan this weekend is to go to the recors get the parts to properly fix the bumper

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX Sedan (RIP), 1989 (same) RIP, 86 Hatch Lx-i, JDM b20a, Gude headpkg, AEM cam gears/cai, thermal xhst, 2.5/3" lowrd tokico/groundctrl, 17" Seneca whls, hypereutectic pistons, .020" over, 13:1 comp
    fix it if you can... that thing's awesome haha

Vehicle
    ya its was free its a 240d anyhow the 3gee is in beter shape in some ways then the 240d mb is rust wizes lol 3geez also have 5x the milage

Vehicle
    ok well we whent out to the recors today and grabed some stuff 2 new tail lights only were geting a check tail light msg when all the balbs work on the new ones difrent from the stock ones

and we also got cuple otherthings for it

also were going tp put the lx ex ex-i logos on the back of the car as a joke lol

all the ones we saw the bumpers were all roted out along with the trunk
    Last edited by 1ajs; 08-21-2005 at 05:45 PM.

Vehicle
    ok for the roof were guna sand it down and put the ruberized stuff they spray in the back of pic up trucks ..

we are also guna do some more rust work on the tail and wheel wells anyhow when we get that done we were talking and we thought up a waky idea paint it with the paint that changes color according to the air tempriture would that be a tripy thing to see don't know if were guna do that but was an idea lol

arrrg idots who don't know how to drive in parking lots hit the drivers side rear door and dented it in ever more we did not see it happen piss off that door already needed to be replaced anyhow

i also grabed set of new mud gards for front and back. the front ones are still in good shape the rear ones fell of years ago lol best part they were free so meh

the mud gard will go on when we finish fixing the bumper

Vehicle
    '87 Carbed Hatch(RIP), 88 FI sedan w/ power group, '73 Jag w/ 350lump
    good luck on the Resto!
    Last edited by BlueBead; 08-27-2005 at 07:09 PM.
    The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard;
    And the stupid people are breeding......

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bluebead

Vehicle
    lol txs what we whant to do to the roof is to protect it like what they do with pic up trucks cause we put are 17' grumman on the car when we go camping

but befor we do that how would we get this dent out of the roof

Vehicle

look what my dad snaged for 30$ at bucks

woot we can now fix it properly sand blast it and give it a new paint job

and he also grabed this from the same car

my dad was out there between places he had 2 hours to kill after the weekly safty meeting and he whent out there and grabed it he also took the foam peac its on the shelf not bad for 30$

o and that alberta plate exspired years ago its on are vespa witch needs a new carb

Vehicle
    with the new iner bumper all cleaned up and installed

all done took the afternoon cause of 2 bluty bolts sheering off