Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is it worth fixing?

Vehicle
    72 145s my dad has the million k 87 lx

dam trany

4th gear seased on the trany weird we changed the axels and then the trany went so now its on the bench half apart

as for the smoking it has come back only when it goes below zero smoking like it was befor get some pics later

Vehicle
    looks like my dads guna pull an engin and trany from the recors

the 4th gear parts were completly seased together and the bearing on the case above 4th was seased and the center pops out of place also looks like there was water in the trany again. the trany had been miking a sl;igh grind when going into 1st and 3rd gear every once and a while thought the bolt on 5th gear was loose so we tighend it the nite befor. anyhow the shafts are completly worn out were 5th gear goes stupid desing flaw

anyhow my dad tells me he put the car in nutral whent to open the gate and the car moved foraward on its own and bang into my 72 145s no damig to either car tg resulting in the trany jaming any one ever seen or herd of this happenign befor?

the trany blew up in winter of 93 after the car was submerged for the second time in its life that was my dads fualt did not check the trany for water cause the engin did not have water in it. the water froz and the severa hunks of gear broke and it jamed.

get some pics when i get home from school least this site is not blocked

Vehicle
    sitting out back

the bearing that seased is it supost to just cume out like this? you can barly see were it was grinding agaist the 4th gear but its razor sharp

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    If you can, replace all your brearings and syncos while you got it apart.

Vehicle
    well anyhow my dad came home with a trany in the back he left work an hour early to get it 50$ at bucks he grabed it off the car we got the axels from (limited edition cdn)
    looks like this trany had a rebuilt fairly recently

we decided to pull are clutch off and have a look at it looks like its almost time to replace it also lol

Vehicle
    think we might pull the engin out of that car took the cover off and it had new oil and was clean looks like the person who owned it had put fare bit of money into fixing the car unfornatly we did not have enuf time to pull it but theres several other ones there along with a black hatchback

Vehicle

Re: is it worth fixing?

well we put the trany back on took like 4 hours to get it to line up and go in

still have to put most of the mounts back on we took off. we replaced the one of the botem of the trany the old one was smashed up also we put on the rock gard on the botem that goes between the trany and the block.

bit sore but hopefully we will get her back on the road tomarow

Vehicle

well are strut spring is cracked in the front so we went out to bucks and 2 to replace are's off a hatchie. the sping cracking in the botem this a comon flau?

the ones we got

got a boot off a uper control arm for the driver side cause ares was riped and put it on.

we also replaced the driver side one today but it was geting dark so we did not do the pasinger side one it but the stock one you could still read the model number on it
    Last edited by 1ajs; 10-16-2005 at 06:56 PM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX

just did the struts 2-3 weeks ago, they looked like the ones in your first pic. strut rod was making a weird noise on bumps.

Vehicle
    2.0Si CA3 B20A

man.... 3g rocks more than ever! now i know it goes to hell and come back in one piece! wooohooo! 1ajs...your 3g is amazing! keep it but only do "needed" repairs as i am sure there is some sentimental value in it. bravo! keep up the good work!