Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C25A1 in a 3 gee?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 honda accord lxi hatchback
    phrenology, the hood releasde is on the passenger side down near the passengers feet, yeah i know, ass backwards brits LOL

Vehicle
    '13 Civic Si 4dr / 05 Saturn VUE 2.2L 5-Spd
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdane
    This engine looks like wiring vomit...
    Your 4MB signature image has been deleted.
    ^And I'm going to leave it that way.

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by accord newbie
    phrenology, the hood releasde is on the passenger side down near the passengers feet, yeah i know, ass backwards brits LOL
    That Sterling has been there for months. I don't think anyone has bothered to try and get the bonnet open. It had some really stupid looking ghetto chrome rims on it. If I go back to get more parts before I leave FL...I'll give the Sterling another look and find that release. Thanks

"The Future is Unwritten" -Strummer

"speed costs money, so gaffer tape and cable ties will suffice"-Peasant Tuning

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 honda accord lxi hatchback
    No prob, it baffled me as well, i was reaching for the "Persueder"( 6 foot wrecking bar), when i saw the release on the passenger side

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    heh, lol! i just got that. what cke said. ok, maybe its not that funny.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    ...... As for the C25A, alot of the parts are compatible with the 91 NSX motor. ....... As for getting rid of the vacume hoses you would need to get some parts off the 94-97 accord v6, because it uses the exact same motor, just a little more modern......
    So from what you are saying...if the C20a or C25a could fit in our cars, wouldn't it be better to put the newer 94-97 Accord V6 in instead?

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdane
    I have these almost finished pictures that's all. It's one of my buddies buddy, so I dont actually know the guy myself.

I believe the plan is to twin turbo it, and currently the car should be in running condition but with stock engine.
    Dane, did you ever find out if that engine bolted on with the stock mounts? Looks like the driver's side mount is the same as the A20's driver's side mount.

Did he have to change the front and rear lower crossmembers? And what about axles and getting the dash instrumentation to work with that engine?

Details please

Vehicle
    95 Skivic Cx HB
    why not do some cutting and drop in a C32, like the 2nd gen legend motor, I had one witha 5-speed behind it, and I SWEAR it pulled like a damn GS-T, yes the 3.2 V6 pulled a 4,000 lb. car as quick as a 4G63T pulled an eclipse...It surprised me no doubt.

Or maybe use the C32 internals in the C25 or C27 block...

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN707
    So from what you are saying...if the C20a or C25a could fit in our cars, wouldn't it be better to put the newer 94-97 Accord V6 in instead?

well the only thing is that it never came in a five speed. You have to modify the 88-89 2.7 tranny to fit onto the 94-97 accord block.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by KoNEY
    why not do some cutting and drop in a C32, like the 2nd gen legend motor, I had one witha 5-speed behind it, and I SWEAR it pulled like a damn GS-T, yes the 3.2 V6 pulled a 4,000 lb. car as quick as a 4G63T pulled an eclipse...It surprised me no doubt.

Or maybe use the C32 internals in the C25 or C27 block...

you can also get a 230hp, six speed for the 92-95 legends.

Vehicle
    95 Skivic Cx HB
    you can also get a 230hp, six speed for the 92-95 legends.
    Yeah, 6-speed came in 91-95 I think, only on GS or Coupe models though. I think the 6-speed models had the same 200hp C32, with no power increase going to the GS model, with the exception of the C32 Type-II, which wasn't limited to the GS model, but a revision of the original C32, available in all models. I think it layed out like this...

C32=All models 91-95 Legend, w/C32 Type-II revised in later models (94-95??)
    5-speed=All sedans except GS (GS is top-of-the-line)
    6-speed=GS Sedan and All Coupes (Coupes were to be sportier)

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure, Jigga knows for sure...

Vehicle
    Yeah, 6-speed came in 91-95 I think, only on GS or Coupe models though. I think the 6-speed models had the same 200hp C32, with no power increase going to the GS model, with the exception of the C32 Type-II, which wasn't limited to the GS model, but a revision of the original C32, available in all models. I think it layed out like this...

C32=All models 91-95 Legend, w/C32 Type-II revised in later models (94-95??)
    5-speed=All sedans except GS (GS is top-of-the-line)
    6-speed=GS Sedan and All Coupes (Coupes were to be sportier)

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure, Jigga knows for sure...

actually it went this way

c32 type 2 = 92-95 GS models. Only the GS models with the 230HP motor could get the six speed or 4speed auto. None of the non type 2 motors had six speeds and the 91 model was only availabe with a 200hp 5 speed or 4 speed auto. You can also get the regular 200hp c32 with a 5 speed or 4 speed auto a in all models from year 91-95.

Vehicle
    95 Skivic Cx HB
    actually it went this way

c32 type 2 = 92-95 GS models. Only the GS models with the 230HP motor could get the six speed or 4speed auto. None of the non type 2 motors had six speeds and the 91 model was only availabe with a 200hp 5 speed or 4 speed auto. You can also get the regular 200hp c32 with a 5 speed or 4 speed auto a in all models from year 91-95.
    Sell me your hatchie, I'll trade the CB for it...when I get it running again...

Vehicle
    Sell me your hatchie, I'll trade the CB for it...when I get it running again...

sorry man I have a project in the works for this bad boy. I searched for almost a year to get this car. All the other ones I found were either to expensive or not running at all and the bodies were horrible. Whats wrong with the CB, I might be interested in purchasing it.

Vehicle
    95 Skivic Cx HB
    sorry man I have a project in the works for this bad boy. I searched for almost a year to get this car. All the other ones I found were either to expensive or not running at all and the bodies were horrible. Whats wrong with the CB, I might be interested in purchasing it.
    It's locked up, and the engine/tranny is out of the car. I don't want to sell her, like you did, I had to look a good bit to fine the CB I wanted, had to have grey interior, had to be 5-speed, had to be 92-93. I found her, and love it, but it locked. I've just always had something for 3rd gen hatchie's.

Vehicle

that looks like a RWD configuration and doubt would fit in our cars. i'm still interested in that c27a swapped into that blue euro 3gee though.

Vehicle
    that looks like a RWD configuration and doubt would fit in our cars. i'm still interested in that c27a swapped into that blue euro 3gee though.

nope it is FWD. The motor is transversly mounted, but the car is FWD. I am not quit sure why they did it, but they did. As for the c27a in the Accord, From looking at my 88 legend and looking at my accord I am pretty sure the mounting location are very similar. The problem would be the front radiator support and mount + the hood might not go all the way down. Honestly I would jsut stick it in the rear of a hatch .

Vehicle
    nope it is FWD. The motor is transversly mounted, but the car is FWD. I am not quit sure why they did it, but they did. As for the c27a in the Accord, From looking at my 88 legend and looking at my accord I am pretty sure the mounting location are very similar. The problem would be the front radiator support and mount + the hood might not go all the way down. Honestly I would jsut stick it in the rear of a hatch .
    you could use those 1/2 size civic radiators. not stock but aftermarket all-aluminum ones that do a much better job of cooling. or perhaps you can relocate the radiator to where the a/c condenser should be if you don't mind not having a/c.

Vehicle
    you could use those 1/2 size civic radiators. not stock but aftermarket all-aluminum ones that do a much better job of cooling. or perhaps you can relocate the radiator to where the a/c condenser should be if you don't mind not having a/c.

I saw a guy on the legend forum I was on that stuck a c27a in a 1988 civic hatch. He used the whole front Legend suspention, brakes, axles and wheels. He had to cut the front upper and lower radiator support, then he made his own out of steel bars. The funniest thing I saw on the car was the radiator mounted on the front bumper . I will see if I can find pictures

Vehicle
    ....OR if you dont have a sunroof and are no more than 6ft 3 in. tall, you can mount the radiator on the roof with roof scoops and the hoses/piping going down the A-pillars. cover the inside of the roof with a custom insulated headliner made of MDF wood or fiberglass.

Vehicle
    ....OR if you dont have a sunroof and are no more than 6ft 3 in. tall, you can mount the radiator on the roof with roof scoops and the hoses/piping going down the A-pillars. cover the inside of the roof with a custom insulated headliner made of MDF wood or fiberglass.
    Honestly that is a really good idea, you would have to make it look like a real peice of the car.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord DX coupe, 1989 Accord LX coupe, 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier coupe, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    So a C20 was a 2 liter V-6?

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

Re: C25A1 in a 3 gee?

There was a turbo legend motor on ebay not too long ago... maybe 3 months back.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1988/Accord/DX, 1989/Accord/LXi, 1977/AMC/CJ-7

i want to see one of these in a 3g. i read this whole thread, its awesome

another question: while looking on ebay for legend motors (seeing how much they usually go for) i saw http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._BIN_Stores_IT this. someone should do this, this looks awesome.
    Last edited by getready; 03-08-2006 at 09:16 AM.

Vehicle
    1991 crx si//2001 focus//89 civic dx hatch//92 intega 2dr

It can be done, need custom Axels and mounts but its been done. Still, doing all that, there are hardly none, if any aftermarket parts for the CA27. But if your interested, i have 9 g1 legends all with the ca27. I might let a engine go if serious about buying. Ive thought about swapping for a Ca27 but they are a pain in the ass, I just got rid of my g1 legend coupe 5sp. Halls ass, 145 was my top speed in it but, id do the Ls/vtech swap instead like legend master
    FS:88 Accord 4dr 5sp 208k miles $700 obo