Thread: C25A1 in a 3 gee?

Vehicle
    1988/Accord/DX, 1989/Accord/LXi, 1977/AMC/CJ-7

Re: C25A1 in a 3 gee?

are there any 3gs with f20b's?

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

i don't think so. from what i hear, it has the same mounts as the h22 but is much harder to get a hold of. i think someone would sooner do the h22 swap than an f20 swap because of the abundance of h22s available compared to f20s.

Vehicle
    1988/Accord/DX, 1989/Accord/LXi, 1977/AMC/CJ-7

would it fit easier? There's a kid around here with one in his newer accord

Vehicle

i don't know for sure. but i think it'd be just as hard to get in as an h22. the f20b vtec is closer to the h22 than it is to the f20a or f20b non-vtec. and as i'm sure you know, the newer accords have totally different engines, mounts, etc. as we do. an h22 is basically a bolt in swap for them and they can even use their f22 tranny on the h22. try scouring the board over at www.cb7tuner.com because they know much more than i do on the subject.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

Overall how much extra weight is added to the front? Seems like it might be an issue if you're not just doing it for straight line performance.
    - llia

Vehicle

so greatdane, do you have any more pix etc. of the blue euro with the c-series yet?
    and on a side note, i was at the junkyard this past sunday and they had a legend right next to a 3g with the hoods open. so i did some comparisons with my eyes and it doesn't look like an extremely strenous operation for getting the motor in. but you'd basically have to move your battery and brake lines and redo your a/c, ps, or anything else driven by the engine to the passenger side. and for mounts, there is not mount on the driver's side. or at least i didn't see one (on the jy legend or my gf's c27 96 accord). but there is a passenger's side mount, a mount on the rear crossmember, and the mount on the front crossmember needs to be moved probably about six inches to the right. looks like the blue euro guy moved his about that much too. so beyond that, all you would have to do is figure out the wiring. but it can't be much worse than an h22. i think i may actually try this swap if i can find a 3g shell to stuff it in and get a cheap motor from the jy. i'll keep updates flowing as i my wallet dictates.

Vehicle

bump

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyloopy
    bump
    what are you, grave diggin now?

ps: whatever happened to the finished pictures since its almost two years after this thread started.

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89

Last I heard any movement on this is almost 2 years ago when he blew a hole in the pistons and was trying to get forged ones. Nothing has happened since then and I doubt he will ever get it done since he has to put the stock engine back in to pass inspections and then he would have to put the C27 in once again. Too bad.. I had really hoped to see it on the road.
    hmm maybe I should buy it and finish it myself? ..naaahh lol

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I was looking at a Legend in teh JY today while browsing for parts, It looked like a lot of metal for a 3gen. I couldnt find the tranny.. lol
    But proof is in the pudding its been done. why bother for the low hp numbers, oodoles of tourque I suppose.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord 2.0Si

Quote Originally Posted by getready
    would it fit easier? There's a kid around here with one in his newer accord
    The F20B (DOHC) is a destroked H22A. It uses the cams etc from the H22A found in the Prelude Type-S and Accord Euro-R (the 220HP H22A motors) and makes 200HP in the manual version, tiptronic version is 180HP. They mount exactly the same.

Careful if you order one, there is also a F20B SOHC, a proper F series engine with only 150HP. The DOHC version really should have been called a H20A, would have made it less confusing.

Edit: I should check the date before I go replying to mesages
    Last edited by Steve_Si; 02-12-2007 at 07:12 PM.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Si
    Edit: I should check the date before I go replying to mesages
    Not a problem, Ive got some of the best information from digging up old posts and getting a reply.
    Somebody already dug up this one yesterday, and it just so happened it was one of the things on my mind already: now I need to go back to the jY and look at the legend again, I assumed the transmission was behind the engine and not on the side.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by smufguy
    what are you, grave diggin now?
    ps: whatever happened to the finished pictures since its almost two years after this thread started.
    yeah, i wanted to know what happened. would've been nice to see some more pix of it or even some video. oh well.