Thread: XM Satellite System

Vehicle
    2005 Civic LX Coupe

XM Satellite System

I am wondering if any of you have or know someone who has one. I was looking at a unit the other day that connects into your current system. It sounded great at the stereo store, but I wanted to find out if someone has actually heard one on the road. I am getting sick and tired of regular broadcast radio with all the damn commercials and BS morning shows. There are times when I want the variety and convenience of radio, yet the clarity and sound quality of CD/MP3 without the hassle of having to change them all the time. I believe that XM is the way to go. This is the unit I was looking at. http://www.cartoys.com/product.asp?p...roductTypeID=0
    Last edited by Bobs89LXi; 05-05-2002 at 07:49 AM.

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    satellite radio would be great, infact my deck has it....I just refuse to pay 10-20 bucks a month for it.
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    ya bob, if you're willing to pay a monthly fee for it, then its a better alternative to radio. i prefer just sticking to cd's
    - Joe

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord LX-i Hatchback (light blue)
    If you don't mind spending the cash for the XM reciever and the monthly fee, then I'd say go for it. You get great reception, and you can keep getting the same stations wherever you travel too. Whenever I go back to my parents' house near NYC, I get the city stations. When I go back upstate, I have to switch to the local ones. It's a minor pain, but my radio only has 6 presets.

If you can afford it, go for it. I've read some technical articles on the system, and it seems like a good implementation. It remains to be seen if they can make a profit from it. Most satellite ventures tend to fail miserably. Anyone remember Iridium?

Vehicle
    93 Prelude Si..shaved and bagged - 96 S10 bagged and bodydropped, 99 Suburban dropped 5/7 on 22s
    I have a friend with XM radio and it is great. There is selection there that you just can't get on the radio and the comedy station is hilarious. If it was just $9.99 a month I would do it but it is $250 for the receiver even for decks that are XM ready. They also use ugly antennas that attack to the windows of the car. I wouldn't have one of those either.

DX User
    Vehicle
    !?!...89Accord LXI
    :super: if you want it, get it. The last two weeks a couple friends and I were hire to do some testing for Xm and Sirious Sattelite radio...XM rocks But Sirious sucks chuncks:ego: Xm's got lots of channels and great reception, the best part though...is they don't play the same song every 20mins, and some of the songs arn't censored!!Fewer commercials is good to, all in all...its worth it!
    Life is all about forgetting what life is all about...can u DIG it!?!

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord
    I have it and love it wouldnt go without it!

Vehicle
    1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i, 1989 Sei(Project Honda SVX)
    I've heard many good things about it.........I just think it's dumb to have an XM ready deck but still have to pay 250 bux for the damn reciever.....One day I would like to get it though.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    Yeah people tell me its way better than sirius, all the articles ive read say the same thing.
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*