Thread: How To Set Tokico Shocks

DX User
    Vehicle
    2004 TL 5AT NBP

How To Set Tokico Shocks

hi all,
    i don't have an Accord (well, i have some of an Accord). i have a 2004 TL and i'm currently documenting a DIY install of SPC Camber Kit, Eibach Springs, and Tokico Illumina shocks (http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57845).

the shocks are adjustable 1soft - 5firm. i'm not familiar with this car in terms of setting shocks (fwd trans, etc). i dont auto-x or anything, just a daily driver that i occasionally drive a tad hard. i'm after a smooth non-bump jarring ride but i wish to have the steering as neutral as possible in terms of over/under steer (i also have the larger 22mm Comptech rear swaybar and some "sticky" Falken ST115's on 18" OZ rims).

the rear shocks are a royal pain in the butt to do because the rear seat and crud has to come out in order to unbolt the shock tower, hence i would like to set the rear shocks before they go in.

any suggestions on how i should set front-to-rear, perhaps 2-3 or a 1-3 ??

any help appreciated.

AK

Vehicle
    93 civic
    just leave it 1 - 1 for the soft ride

in terms of illuminas, I've noticed that they don't really improve too much when you change the clicks. Really if you are looking for a soft comfy sporty ride, go with the first click.

DX User
    Vehicle
    2004 TL 5AT NBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Busted_Blue
    just leave it 1 - 1 for the soft ride

in terms of illuminas, I've noticed that they don't really improve too much when you change the clicks. Really if you are looking for a soft comfy sporty ride, go with the first click.
    well, i'm also looking to neutralize under/over steer. there are 2 factors governing this problem (in terms of shock settings):

1. the stiffness of the shock
    2. the front-to-rear differences in shock setting

i know it's gonna be hard to get real data because i'm the 1st person using a set of Illumina shocks on a 3G TL, but i'm after the "in general" answers. i guess if i felt comfortable in knowing the answer to #2 then i could take a educated guess as to the actual settings. for example, if i can get some info that the rear should be a tad stiffer than the front, i might go with a 2-3 setting to start out with.

thanks
    AK