Thread: New audio system

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord (R.I.P)

New audio system

Hey everyone. I have a 1987 lxi, and i have upgraded the audio system. to start off i had the stock cassette player and only the front speakers worked. they were the stock pioneer 5.25 and 6.5. suprisingly honda still uses pioneer as stock equip. i then had a crazy setup wit all kinds of brands like sony, usa amp, bazooka, and dual. never thought id have a dual in my car but you all knows how it goes. but now i have the best system that i have had, and ill tell you wat all i have in my honda. the new equip is as follows: 1 clarion dxz785usb 53 watts x4(18 watts x4 rms),6ch 6v preouts, 1 pair jbl gto527 2 ways 135w peak, 45w rms at 2 ohms 5.25in (front), 1 pair jbl gto637 3 ways 180w peak, 60w rms at 2 ohms 6.5in (rear), 1 pair jbl gt5-12" 1100 watts peak, 275 rms at 4 ohms, 1 streetwires 1 farad cap, 2 jbl gto 7001 amps, 700w peak 425w rms at 4 ohms, and soundstorm labs crossover.

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Re: New audio system

should switch to a slot port box it will blow your mind

Vehicle

i may do tht eventually. the way it is now sounds very good. i may post a video if i can so u and others can get an idea of wat its like. holla back

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

sweet

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

must sound really good

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SE-i coupe

Nothing wrong with a Clarion.
    My collection: Stay tuned! (04/02/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    glorious!

imagine a beowulf cluster of tho... oh wait... its sabz. how is the beowulf cluster of myth boxen treating you?

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

really nice, i'm jealous lol

Vehicle

thnk yall for the comments. it does sound really good. iv been tld it has clarity even tho its loud, iv been tld its smooth, and iv been tld i got godzilla in the trunk. it took about a total of id say 2.5 hours to install everything. i do it all myself, dnt let neone touch my shit. ill try to put a video on the forum so yall can get an idea of wat it sounds like. thnks again everyone.
    Last edited by 1987lxi; 04-21-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: typo

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-speed, 1995 BMW 525i 5-speed

The red battery clamp may cause a poor connection. My car wouldn't start one day and my brother and I tore it all apart trying to figure out why. It was the clamp that was not making a good connection.
    Sam

1989 Accord LX: Sold with 208k-now somewhere around 230k with new owner

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT
    2000 Montero Sport 4x4 (beater, trail rig)

Vehicle

thnks for the heads up on the clamp. those clamps have been on the car for about a year now and i havent had a issue out of them. as u may can see i put a piece of elec tape over the pos wing nut. i did tht to make sure nothing touches it and creates a huge problem. hopefully today will b nice n i can shoot a vid of the system. a lil heads up...the mic on the camera likes to cut in and out sumtimes so if it happens in the vid..srry.

i saw a crx yesterday tht had 2 15s n didnt sound too bad, i heard more bass than mids n highs tho n i dnt like tht. buut it reminded me wen my bro had a crx wit 4 15 inch boshwicks and 2 boshwicks 1500 watt class d amps and 2 caps(one of the caps is now in my 3g..as lil jon says...yeeeeaa). neway man i couldnt sit in the car. too loud, bt he did sound offs n thts wat i would like to do.

Vehicle

i kno tht sum of u may b interested in ppls radio harness to the radio wire harness in the dash...i kno i am... so i took my deck out and took a couple pics of my intsall job. im nt the best installer by ne means bt i enjoy installin systems. bt heres the pics of the radio install job.

Vehicle
    89 LX

That is a nice setup. I'm jealous!

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

i would almost never cut the harness for a upgrade lol not when you can get a adapter for under 5 off ebay

Vehicle

i would have done the adapter way, bt i cut it off a long time ago. if it was a newer car (its 21 years old) then yea i would have gotin the adapter. but i like the way it looks and it helps to manage the wires behind the deck. and an update for the video....the vid i took turnd out to b bigger than wat imageshack can handle. stupid bt wat can u do. so neways i got to take a shorter video.

Vehicle

well heres the video i said i would do. now if it works or not is a diff story. but the song is the one everyone plays on youtube wit their systems so i playd it too. the sound cuts out like 3 times but its not tht bad. the cd player has a 3 band eq but im nt useing it, im useing the reg bass n treb.

these are my settings:
    bass-0
    terble-0
    sub channel-0
    speaker gains:
    front l+r -2
    rear l+r 0
    sub l+r -5

woow that sounds like that system slaps..nice set up
    one day I'll return.

Vehicle

oh...it most definitely slaps. iv have a good bit of good compliments on the streets. id really like to hookup a db meter c how loud it is.
    Last edited by 1987lxi; 10-03-2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Cleaning up pics I no longer have

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

how much u selling them for?

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

my mate has two 12's in a slot ported box built for the subs and it got like 137dB lol LOUDDD, looks good setup tho.

geddys a woooosss for not wanting to cut the factory loom:P when are you ever going to want to use an OEM stereo?? lol

Vehicle

yall like ported boxes! i like them as well, the last ported box i had was the bazooka tvb-141 triangle woofer 450 watts. i had a ma audio 1100 watt amp hookd up to it and it blew after 4 1/2 years. after tht iv been usin sealed enclosures. see the thing with ported and bandpass boxes is tht u dnt have as much control over the movement of the woofer as u do with a sealed box. yes ported boxes are louder, bt u dnt get the sound quality and control tht u get with a sealed box. i have 2 more jbl woofers jus like the ones in my car now sittin in my closet. i do plan to put those in a ported box. and i didnt mind cuttin the harness in fact i cut it wen i put my 1st aftermarket cd player in which was a kenwood. now if i was puttin a cd player in say my grandparents 98 avalon then yes i would use the harness adaptor. bt neways my sytem is loud enuff for me. til next time b good n if u cnt b good, b good at it.

Vehicle

Sooo I was going through some old videos and I came across another video of my setup. Nothing special really. If any of you didn't know, I got in a wreck a few months ago and I now do not have a 3gee anymore. Although I walked away from the accident, I am truly sad that I do not have my Honda anymore. I miss it dearly! https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthrea...ght=totaled+3g is the post I made when I wrecked it. But anyways I'm posting this other video I found for old time sake. Like I said theres not anything too special about it but..yea. Heres the video...