Thread: will the se-i sun roof bolt directly into my lx-i

Vehicle
    88 accord lxi (sold) / b20a equipped 89 accord coupe sei(2.0Si replica) 08 CBR 600RR SPECIAL EDITION / Me and my wifes 02 Civic Coupe EX, she can drive like a mutha f**ka / 92 civic hatch vx(beast in the works)new DD 05 civic lx( has A/C YES!!!!)

will the se-i sun roof bolt directly into my lx-i

i was wondering if the sunroof off of the se-i will bolt directlyinto my lx-i cuz my roof glass is cracked. the dealership wants like $400 for just the glass but i can get the entire sunroof assembly with the glass, frame, rack, and motor for $90 at the junkyard by my house. the reason why i want the roof out of the se-i is cuz it can vent up and slide back. the roof in the lx-i only slides back. i know the switches are different so i would keep the switch i have now for the slide back and forth function and use the se-i switch for vent up and down funtion. if the assembly is the same as far as the way it bolts up then i will do this in like two weeks. any thoughts
    3gmodifier(aka)JDM WHORE!

"IF YOUR CAR HAS A PROBLEM, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM"

Vehicle
    1986 lxi 4 handle, 77 gmc 4x4, 97 astro van on 18's,98 Honda Shadow Aero 1100
    should be the same size opening in the roof, so thearetically....it should fit and work. just take a quick measurement of the opening, and then you will know. as far as making it work, switch all the parts and it should work.
    http://members.cardomain.com/3gn86lxi
    ~Ryan~
    Custom STEEL z3 fenders, and true HID

Vehicle
    90 civic hb R.I.P. , 2002 EBP EM2<<figure it out..its not that hard
    yes it will fit i used three different sunroofs from three different years of lxi. the reason i used three is cause i thought the seal on the sunroof was bad so i swithched the glass thinking it was batter but turns out the friggin drain holes were clogged!!!
    b u n n y · t y p e R
    "the bunny liked the go-faster stripes... but wasn't too keen on the rear spoiler and ridiculous bodykit"

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    I miss my sunroof so much...
    -Harvey

Vehicle
    90 civic hb R.I.P. , 2002 EBP EM2<<figure it out..its not that hard
    here i got two of em take your pick!!!
    b u n n y · t y p e R
    "the bunny liked the go-faster stripes... but wasn't too keen on the rear spoiler and ridiculous bodykit"

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    As long as your talking about stock. When you say the switches are different though makes me wonder if either yours or the one you are looking at is aftermarket.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe
    why cudnt the coupies come with sunroofs
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    Quote Originally Posted by 2drSE-i
    why cudnt the coupies come with sunroofs
    Mine Did , moon roof actually. But I believe it was dealer installed.

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by buds302
    yes it will fit i used three different sunroofs from three different years of lxi. the reason i used three is cause i thought the seal on the sunroof was bad so i swithched the glass thinking it was batter but turns out the friggin drain holes were clogged!!!
    How would you go about checking that? My sunroof leaks BAD and before buying a new seal, and glass, id like to look into that first.

Vehicle
    SE-i Sedan 5 spd
    <the reason why i want the roof out of the se-i is cuz it can vent up and slide back. the roof in the lx-i only slides back>

I have a 4 dr Se-i and my sunroof does not vent up.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)
    yeah all the sunroofs for all 4dr 3geez 87-89 are the same. they all slide into the roof itself. they dont tilt up. maybe you are talking about those that are on the 2dr. se-i coupes. those are not factory, they are aftermarket installed by the dealer and are not the same as the factory ones in the 4dr sedans. so those won't fit. coupes never came with moonroofs/sunroofs right out of the factory.

as far as water getting in when the sunroof is closed, it's supposed to be that way. the rubber around the glass is not there to keep water out, it's there for vibration dampening and wind blockage. water is supposed to go in, run through the passages and out the 4 drainage holes out the corners. the reason why you get soaked with water after the rain is cus water gets built up in the passages cus the drainage holes are clogged up from dirt. clean up those passages and drainage holes and you should be set. this kinda problem is normal for 16 yr old 3geez being exposed to the elements for 16 yrs. a little cleaning is all it takes. if your rubber seal around the glass isn't cracked or brittle, it's fine so no need to replace it.
    Last edited by ICEMAN707; 06-30-2005 at 07:08 PM.