Thread: Read The Rules

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Read The Rules

There seems to be a certain number of members and some newbies that think the forum is the Howard Stern show lately. I'm not going to mention names because everyone knows who they are, but it has got to stop. i'm on here to talk about cars,i don't even mind a heated debate on cars, but i did notcome on here to hear personal insults and mud throwing between members. we just got a link on this old honda, what do you think they think about us now? what about the guests? do you think they want to become members when they hear someone cussing someone else out in the forum? if you want to cuss someone out use your pm function. that will keep the rest of us from hearing it. also try to keep some of the cuss words down, you know that causes content filters to block us. for those members who are guilty read the forum rules. moderators the rest of us won't complain if you lock some of those threads. now everyone else lets enjoy talking about three geez.
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 07-19-2005 at 03:05 AM.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    you should also read the rules. the rules EXPLICITLY STATE that there is to be UNDER NO CIRCUMSTACES any POSTWHORING, something which you seem to be taking part of A LOT since you rejoined. you have resurrected threads that have been resolved for YEARS, and you seem to complain about it when someone corrects you. while this isn't a written rule, it is a little piece of etiquette you should follow.

so, to recap:

don't be a postwhore
    don't bring up threads from 2002 that were resolved in 2002
    quite being a hypocrite

Vehicle
    i brought back some technical threads because i had some new input for them, yes i admit sometimes i brink back a thread because i don't see the date. but it's not inten. there are a few issues which don't hurt to bring up once in a while. i brought back the lights thread because i'm going to start working on them again very soon. if i brink back something technical it's because i have something to add. what i was talking about in this post is members cussing each other out on the thread, we all work hard on our cars and when somene does that it makes us all look like a bunch of little kids. someone said something about the thread on the oil pressure gauge, i brought that back for the new members who don't know about this stuff yet. remember some of those older tech articles were on here before some of the other people were. the tech itself doesn't change. i've actually been on here since 2002 i believe, still trying to get my join date fixed. i've spent a lot of time under the hood of my car and if anything i know helps someone else thats what it's all about. I have a suggestion, how about the dates on the posts be made a litle bigger for those who can't see as well as others? or even change the colors of the dates? that would help keep some of the old posts from accidenly being brought up. i'm not complaining about someone saying something about the old posts by the way, sorry if it seemed like i was.
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 07-19-2005 at 03:53 AM.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    Did i miss somthing? I dont recall people bitching eachother out on here much at all esp recently... and reading the date pwns you.

ibtl
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    87 3G RIP, 95 KA7, 95 5G Coupe
    i can see the dates pretty good.
    But i agree, I dont like when people go back and forth at each other.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series
    Me to. i havent seen no BITCHING lol. And im only like every other day. So i dont know whats going on.

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    there have been several instances lately not going to mention the guilty parties, i don't mind a good old fashioned debate on things mechanical, but when people start running each other down because of who posted what about who in the thread and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic at hand,.......if i wanted to hear who did what to who i would watch springer. it's annoying when you start to read a thread about somethin interesting and all the sudden it degenerates into a fight between two members. the majority of the time it doesn't happen but lately it's been cropping up

Vehicle
    oh i had a good idea, what about on a thread where there hasn't been a post for a while something to mark it so that instantly you know it's a dead thread? sometimes i'll look at who's online and see an interesting sounding thread, then i'll get to reading it and forget it's an old thread. sometimes it's hard for me to see my monitor clearly, especially the last few weeks, been working with a lot of tap magic and the fumes really bother my eyes.

Vehicle
    2007 VW Rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile
    oh i had a good idea, what about on a thread where there hasn't been a post for a while something to mark it so that instantly you know it's a dead thread?

Not to be a b*tch, but the date? If it looks recent then its not dead, if its from 3 years ago its dead
    I escaped Jersey!

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by leia
    Not to be a b*tch, but the date? If it looks recent then its not dead, if its from 3 years ago its dead
    what i meant is if you link to it from somewhere else sometimes you don't notice the date, if something would come up to tell you it's a dead thread, kind of like a friendly reminder. on my screen the date kind of blends in too, plus having trouble with my eyes lately. i guess i could change to high contrast.

Vehicle
    1990 CRX, 1992 Honda Civic DX (sold, then stolen! :(), 1988 Honda Accord LX (sold + missed :()
    Theres a link to this site in This Old Honda? That's a magazine right?

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid X
    Theres a link to this site in This Old Honda? That's a magazine right?
    it's a web site dedicated to the restoration and preservation of old honda's we are the newest cars age wise on there the cut off year is 89. they have cars back to the 50's really rare honda stuff links etc. they put our link on there. thisoldhonda.org

Vehicle
    1990 CRX, 1992 Honda Civic DX (sold, then stolen! :(), 1988 Honda Accord LX (sold + missed :()
    Oh i see. Boy i'm stupid :B

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    Quote Originally Posted by leia
    Word!

The Watcher sees all and knows all. I like to watch!