Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sway bars

Vehicle
    1987 Ex-i 89 SE-i
    anyword on this, anybody played with the 90 accord bars, just wondering where stuff is at with this
    -Who needs horse power when you got icy roads and bald tires

-To drift a car is to create reckless art

Vehicle
    93 civic
    Quote Originally Posted by b8er
    anyword on this, anybody played with the 90 accord bars, just wondering where stuff is at with this

it should work with some minor mods as Justanothermike on this forum (rarely now) has done it on the coupe so it is possible. Just don't know how he did it.

Im sure he wouldn't share as he is pretty busy too.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe,1997 Taurus SHO,1986 Honda Accord LX Sedan (GONE)
    Hi, guys I think is my time to do my contribution to this site. 90-94 rear sway bars fit in our cars. You just need to get the sway bar and the brackets with bushings, if you want you could use your stock sway bar links or the links from the 90-94 accord. Its just a plug and play no modifications required. But I have even better news the rear sway bar from an Acura Vigor 92 will also fit ours cars and is even bigger that the 4 gen accord rear sway bar. this bar will require a small modification to the bracket that secure the bar to the frame, you will need the brackets from a 4gen accord or your stock brackets with some work to the bushings. Length from the 3 bars is the same just a slight difference on shape, but fit with no problem. Hope this give everybody a chance for better handling without paying $100 plus for a bigger sway bars.

Vehicle
    88 accord lxi hatchback
    Quote Originally Posted by jlros75
    Hi, guys I think is my time to do my contribution to this site. 90-94 rear sway bars fit in our cars. You just need to get the sway bar and the brackets with bushings, if you want you could use your stock sway bar links or the links from the 90-94 accord. Its just a plug and play no modifications required. But I have even better news the rear sway bar from an Acura Vigor 92 will also fit ours cars and is even bigger that the 4 gen accord rear sway bar. this bar will require a small modification to the bracket that secure the bar to the frame, you will need the brackets from a 4gen accord or your stock brackets with some work to the bushings. Length from the 3 bars is the same just a slight difference on shape, but fit with no problem. Hope this give everybody a chance for better handling without paying $100 plus for a bigger sway bars.
    Just wanted to confirm this about the Vigor sway bar.
    I got one from the local honda junkyard for $59.00 shipped with 90 acc. bushings and brackets. It was a bit of a squeeze, but it went on. I used the links that came with the bar, the vigor bushings and the 90 acc. bushing loops. I had to grind down the bushings to fit into the loops, but that was it.
    The part of the bar where the bushings sit is placed a bit farther out on the vigor bar(thats where the squeeze came in). I made a difference, not huge, but worth 59 bucks.
    Great find! Thanks.
    Best Price on Clutch Repair in the Tri-Valley

http://www.trivalleyclutch.com/3gparts

OEM quality parts for your 3Gee

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe,1997 Taurus SHO,1986 Honda Accord LX Sedan (GONE)
    Glad to hear somebody did it! just to make you a little jealous I got my bar and hardware for $10 bucks. but $ 59 is alot better than $100+.

Vehicle
    88 accord lxi hatchback
    $10.00 BUCKS?!?!!? Now I am jealous. I'm on a mission to make my car handle better on the cheap!

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)
    also wondering if rear 87 prelude sway bars fit the 3gee. i found an 87 prelude addco rear sway bar from this website for $137, but none for 3geez. they only have the front addcos available for 3geez. can you guys confirm if 84-87 ludes have the same suspension setup as ours?

http://performancecenter.com/product...7/sf3_PRELUDE/

Vehicle
    89 accord lxi
    i know the front is nearly identical, don't know about the rears.

anybody try a 1st gen legend for a rear sway bar?
    Originally Posted by Justanothermike
    my A20 is not SLOW. ur A20 is slow.

Vehicle
    ok, as for those 92 vigor and 90-94 accord rear sway bars, are you guys talking about it fitting a 3gee w/ a rear drum brake setup? or a rear disc brake setup? cus i thought those made a difference in terms of fitment. i know a rear addco bar doesn't fit directly with a rear disc brake setup.
    Last edited by ICEMAN707; 10-04-2005 at 09:20 PM.

Vehicle
    88 accord lxi hatchback
    My car is rear drum, and the bar went right on. the end links attached to the swingarm(?), nowhere near the spindle/upright. you should have no problem. The vigor bar is larger than the 4G acc. bar, so use it.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    swifts/sprints boosted
    Glad my theories worked out.

Vehicle
    89 accord lxi
    the suspension techniques rear bar will fit either drum or disk brake setups. the addco only works with drums. i've never seen an addco bar in person, so i can't say why. maybe it has to do with the e-brake cable routing?
    Originally Posted by Justanothermike
    my A20 is not SLOW. ur A20 is slow.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LX -EFI OBD1 Turbo, 2006 Ram 1500

Pgm-fi conversion 4-16-05
    OBD1 11-25-06
    Turbo 2-26-07
    Tuned with eCtune 239whp 237wtq

Vehicle
    if the 2nd gen vigor's rear sway bar fits, what about the front? and i assume the aftermarket versions of those are even more beefier?

hmmm looks the shock/spring assemblies are the same as ours too. looks like they would fit:

SEi User
    Vehicle
    swifts/sprints boosted
    Arent the fronts in those pics missing the arm to the lower control arm?

Vehicle

is that the same as this 87 prelude one? check the part number. maybe it fits the 3gee or exactly the same one:

http://www.performancecenter.com/pro...7/sf3_PRELUDE/

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lx

Re: Sway bars

Well i just got my ST swaybars but scice i did the rear disc conversion i don't have all the hardware to hook it up Like EricW And i haven't found the bushings needed to bolt it to the bottom of the car frame at any auto store. Any one know the parts i need and part numbers for this??I talked to EricW but he got them from someone on the board here.Anyone know??

Vehicle
    88 accord lxi hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN707
    if the 2nd gen vigor's rear sway bar fits, what about the front? and i assume the aftermarket versions of those are even more beefier?
    hmmm looks the shock/spring assemblies are the same as ours too. looks like they would fit:

Can you please identify the rear shock assy's in that pic?
    What year and model are they from?
    Thanks

Vehicle
    88 accord lxi hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by military mase
    Well i just got my ST swaybars but scice i did the rear disc conversion i don't have all the hardware to hook it up Like EricW And i haven't found the bushings needed to bolt it to the bottom of the car frame at any auto store. Any one know the parts i need and part numbers for this??I talked to EricW but he got them from someone on the board here.Anyone know??
    Try this place for bushings and loops.
    http://www.suspension.com/

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lx

Sorry to say but i got every bushing from them on my car that could fit.....They don't have the rears at all. I need the metal brackets for the rear that holds up the bushing and bar plus the L-shaped bracket that connects to the endlink

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI Coupe

so if i were to get an addco REAR bar (is it bigger then the ST one?) also, what is the difference between the 2?? also, same with front, wich one is preffered??? i want to step up a notch with my car, and lookin to improve handling....
    V12 Supercharged Toyota Accord

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

addco is larger. it will amplify the effects of haveing a big rear bar. considering you dont know how the two would perform and what the differences would be, i would just keep it simple and stick with the ST bar, or whatever is cheaper for that matter. either set helps out a lot.

look up anti-sway bars, they do the same thing on all cars, usually just reduce body roll and give the car a better turn in

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI Coupe

thinking i might just get a complete set then, scince the st bar does work with the rear discs ( i plan on converting...) thanks again!
    V12 Supercharged Toyota Accord

Vehicle
    1986 lxi 4 handle, 77 gmc 4x4, 97 astro van on 18's,98 Honda Shadow Aero 1100

So Eric, did you bars come with the poly bushings ect.??? And you have Addco's front and rear?
    http://members.cardomain.com/3gn86lxi
    ~Ryan~
    Custom STEEL z3 fenders, and true HID

SEi User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LX -EFI OBD1 Turbo, 2006 Ram 1500

The suspension tech came with poly. sway bar bushings. I wasn't sure if the addco ones were poly. so i ordered some from summit. I had to buy the poly. end-link bushings also, but those were available locally. I only have the addco rear, which i may not be able to use after i put the rear discs on.

Pgm-fi conversion 4-16-05
    OBD1 11-25-06
    Turbo 2-26-07
    Tuned with eCtune 239whp 237wtq