Thread: jdm tail lights

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lxi hatch (FI) stolen :(

jdm tail lights

hey, anyone know where i could find some jdm tail lights... i want to make some clear tails and those would be perfect for the project (lenses are removeable)

if anyone has any info, let me know, thanx
    87 hatch (stolen)

88 lxi 4dr, 5spd, threw a rod... in process of swapping engine from my 87 hatch (police recovered what was left of the car).

the fucker that sold me the 88 is lucky he lives 500 miles from me...

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar
    Quote Originally Posted by modu03
    hey, anyone know where i could find some jdm tail lights... i want to make some clear tails and those would be perfect for the project (lenses are removeable)

if anyone has any info, let me know, thanx
    here we go again...thats's all right. you can remove the lenses from your old tail lights by removing the electrical stuff from the back, then soaking them in hot water,not boiling,this softens the mastic holding in the lenses. start very carefully pulling up the lens at the corner and work your way down,be very careful to not crack the lens. can someone remember the thread where it goes into doing this in detail?

LX User
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile
    here we go again...thats's all right. you can remove the lenses from your old tail lights by removing the electrical stuff from the back, then soaking them in hot water,not boiling,this softens the mastic holding in the lenses. start very carefully pulling up the lens at the corner and work your way down,be very careful to not crack the lens. can someone remember the thread where it goes into doing this in detail?
    um... yeah... if you look at the tail lights on a us model accord. the lenses are one piece, there is no cover to take off... this means that you would have to actually make a clear cover to fit in its place. that is a pain in the ass to do, and it would never look right.

the jdm tail lights have a cover that can be removed and the lenses are sepparate pieces that can be removed. then all you have to do is put the cover back on without the lenses. this is why I want jdm tail lights

anybody who knows where i can get these, please let me know
    87 hatch (stolen)

88 lxi 4dr, 5spd, threw a rod... in process of swapping engine from my 87 hatch (police recovered what was left of the car).

LX User
    Vehicle
    oh... you have a hatch... yeah, the hatch tails are set up the same way as the jdm tails(clear cover over lenses)... but, the 2dr/4dr models have different tail lights(lenses are one piece molded as the cover)
    87 hatch (stolen)

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    your best bet to contact someone overseas.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord CA5
    i could scout for you here in m'sia....i know some chop shops that still have a JDM taillights laying around....as soon as i get some info i'll holler aite....keep checking...that is if u willing to have it shipped to you...i dun mind....
    Currently Under Construction...Sorry For The Inconvenience

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Well I did make a how to on this...

https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=42555

I will sell my ligts probably... they are cracked some in the corners
    - llia

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Quote Originally Posted by modu03
    um... yeah... if you look at the tail lights on a us model accord. the lenses are one piece, there is no cover to take off... this means that you would have to actually make a clear cover to fit in its place. that is a pain in the ass to do, and it would never look right.

the jdm tail lights have a cover that can be removed and the lenses are sepparate pieces that can be removed. then all you have to do is put the cover back on without the lenses. this is why I want jdm tail lights

anybody who knows where i can get these, please let me know
    You mean JDM cover on USDM backing and internal plastic light diffusers.

I'll get pics up of how that looks, I gotta recharge my camera first.
    - llia