View Poll Results: Should I remove the black paint and Honda symbol from my hood?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Remove it and have it all white

20 58.82%
  • No. Keep it that way. The hood looks cool like that.

14 41.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: poll...what to do with my hood?

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord lx-i/2 dr.

Question poll...what to do with my hood?

Should I remove the black paint and the Honda symbol from my hood? and just have the hood all white. I dont know, part of me thinks it looks cool and the other part thinks its ricey. please vote

Last edited by ryotto; 12-28-2004 at 09:11 AM.

Vehicle
    ???
    i like it, but not by itself! add more of a two-tone look and your set!

by two tone look i mean....
    -black bumper lights
    -black grille/eyelids
    -white/black wheels
    -black tint

you know like ONLY black and white, but thats just me
    I havent forgotten my roots

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LX-i *** 2002 Mustang GT
    or you could continue the black across the top of the car along the same pattern as the hood. make like a stripe all the way back to the bottom of the trunk. just a suggestion. do some photo chops and see what you like.
    "Seriously, I have a half o' pack of Rolaids in my dipper" -Stewie (Family Guy)

Car Pics
    vBGarage

Vehicle
    hondamanlxi...i know what you mean about the black eyelids and signel lights, i was looking at your car and thats not to bad of an idea. but is that legal? to have black signel lights.

as far as wheels, I painted those hubcaps gunmetel and it looks way better than chrome.
    Last edited by ryotto; 12-28-2004 at 09:27 AM.

Vehicle
    ???
    if you use VHT Nightshades, then the turn signals will still shine orange.

Vehicle
    1986 Accord DX( RUST IN PEACE) NEW ACCORD 93 LX COUPE 5spd
    would look good with a black trunk but the Honda logo doesn't work....you've got 2 Hs top to bottom...doesn't flow.....
    ATOMICSNOWBOARDING.com

ACCORD(rust in peace)

93 accord pics soon be uploaded

Vehicle
    88' Accord LXI
    Quote Originally Posted by ehulst
    would look good with a black trunk but the Honda logo doesn't work....you've got 2 Hs top to bottom...doesn't flow.....
    My thoughts exactly

Vehicle
    maybe i should have posted this in the "Appearance" forum.
    if it should be there instead of in "Accord Pics" please could a mod move it for me.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lx-i, 1975 Chevrolet Malibu Classic
    Personally... I think the car should be all white. I just think that the black on white looks gaudy and cheap.
    75 Malibu for sale, fully restored, $5,500 obo
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43055
    Currently driving a 95 LS soon to be turbo integra.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    I like it. The thing is it's different, and to quote a favorite movie of mine "...people are always afraid of what's different." I say go with it, it adds character, and makes your 3G yours. If it were mine, I would remove the big white honda symbol, remove the stock Honda emblem, and do a white HONDA script in the lower left (d/s) of the black. (Prefferably this would be done in vinyl first to see how it looks, then remove it and get it painted (or airbrushed) on to make it more professional. I'll do a real quick pic... ...here you go. Not perfect, but you get the point.

-Mark D.

Vehicle
    hey thats not too bad of an idea markmdz89hatch. i like the photoshoped image better than the big H to be honest.
    funny thing is my parents had the car for about 10 years before i got it and they had the hood painted just like that, but instead they had "LX-I" in the corner just like your photoshoped image. but they removed the blackpaint and just had the hood all white. when i bought the car from them i had my dad repaint it. for about 2 weeks it was just the white and black. then i saw the big white honda "H" at this place and bought it and put it on.
    anyway i think im going to remove the "H" if its possible, go from there.
    Like this one kid seyed at my school "It looks like a helicopter landing pad, on your car"lol

Vehicle
    ???
    lol @ helipad

ryotto, just do whatever makes you happy! after all, your the one driving it

Vehicle
    1991 Subaru XT6 AWD, 1988 Subaru XT6 AWD

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    lmao ahhaha

Vehicle
    that helicopter is soo funny

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    hehehe, a helepad. thats a good one fosho. i think the body color hood with the raised middle part painted black looks good. i was thinking of doing something like that to mine a long time ago. looks muscle car-ish. old school anyway. i'd get rid of the honda H though and just have the black part all black, where it is now. so basicly, leave it like it is, just paint over the H. maybe look at some old muscle cars to get an idea of how to make the black part of the hood match other things? i dunno, that might help. you have the spoiler black already, so leave that too. black and white color scheme is good.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    yeah just remove the H
    - llia

Vehicle
    im starting to agree with you. just remove the H and leave the black.
    the problem is removing the "H" vinyl without removing the black paint underneath.

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89
    Use a heating gun to remove it, and you should be fine. Unless it's crappy paint.

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

Vehicle
    thanks everyone for your suggestions. i never even thought about just removing the H and leave the black. I'll probly remove the H and try to find an "accord" vinyl for the corner.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Yea I like marks idea with the hood, just have honda or accord in the bottom corner, makes it look more clean and less rice. How about having the trim down on the car be black.........? photochop please
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    I just finished removing the "H". It wasnt hard to do eather. I just heated it up with a hair dryer and pealed it away and it didnt take any of the black paint off, like my dad seyed would happen.
    but you can still see the "H" because the paint darkend with age. but i think i like it better this way because its black with a lighter color black "H". sorry i cant post a pic because i dont have a digital camra. Now im going to try to find an "Accord" vinyl sticker for the corner above the drivers side headlight. where could i find one of thouse?

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    Quote Originally Posted by ryotto
    I just finished removing the "H". It wasnt hard to do eather. I just heated it up with a hair dryer and pealed it away and it didnt take any of the black paint off, like my dad seyed would happen.
    but you can still see the "H" because the paint darkend with age. but i think i like it better this way because its black with a lighter color black "H". sorry i cant post a pic because i dont have a digital camra. Now im going to try to find an "Accord" vinyl sticker for the corner above the drivers side headlight. where could i find one of thouse?
    If your dad didn't clear-coat the hood after he painted the black, then you should be able to get the ghost H off fairly easily with heavy duty rubbing compound, then polishing compound to get rid of the swirl marks, then a cleaner wax and you're all set. Make sure you compound the whole hood though, or at least the whole black portion.

As for the ACCORD logo, go to any sign shop and ask them to cut a vinyl logo for you. If you go out to www.1001freefonts.com and click on the "S", then page 6. About half way down the page you'll see SOFACHROME, that's the font that we use for the 3GEEZ logo, and it's pretty close to the oem honda script. If you direct the person you speak with at the sign shop to that font website, they will most likely download the font, and print/cut the vinyl right there on the spot. Should not be that much at all. But make sure you ask them for the heavy grade or 5-year vinyl and mention that you're putting it on a car. This way you don't get cheap crap vinyl that'll discolor and crack at the first sign of extreme cold or heat.
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    first of all i like the ghost "H" and i dont really want to remove it. It looks cool because at some angles you cant see it and some angles you can.
    the paint is flat black(which isnt clearcoated) so i have to be careful what i put on it. i accidently got some wax on it when i was waxing my car and it was hard to remove. If i wanted to remove it im shere i could.
    i might have to have the "accord" decal custom made.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    that does sound kinda cool with a ghost H. sorta something i had an idea about. black paint with semi randomly placed ghost honda H's. i dunno. well try and see if you can take a pic of the way the hood looks now, maybe you can catch it at an angle that it shows up.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap