Thread: Never ends for me

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LXI Hatch

Never ends for me

Just got my car back today from getting the handles shaved and my new cam showed up today as well. Put my new cam in and ajusted my valves and put it all back together. And nothing happened. So i checked timing and it was on. Also mad sure that it wasnt 180 out. Still nothing. Well i sat down and started to look at some stuff. I noticed that all of my valve stems are bent and are barly on the rocker. Im guess that the big cam that i had in it bent them. Is there any company that makes performance valves for the a20. Also i compression tested it and there is not a pound of compression.
    86 Accord LXI HB

Pacesetter Header, Gutted Cat, Monza Exhaust 2.25", Bosch Plug Wires, Msd Blaster 2 Coil, NGK Plugs, Custom Cold Air, Centerforce Stage 1 Clutch, Fel Pro Head Gasket, Rebuilt Head, Integra Tranny Conversion, Delta 282 .430" Cam Grind

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    SI valves maybe.
    - llia

LXi User
    Can't you get custom made valves? I know it would be expensive but if your turboing or NA-ing it would holdu p to the abuse. I'm trying to think of the shop I was recommended.
    For Sale:
    T3/T4 Turbo, wastegate, and BOV
    P75 ECU
    Untouched Head

Port & Polished, 5-angle valve job, bowl and swirl job, Head -$1000 invested in machining alone

Misc.
    DDR Pad and DDR Extreme
    PS1
    NES
    Needed:
    Dremel
    Money

LX User
    Vehicle
    SI being d16a6 valves or B16 valves. Another thing that im worried about is if i bent a valve i might have cracked a piston. When my friends saturn sc2 jumped timing and bent all the valves it cracked the piston but mine didnt jump timing. The valve sometimes hanges open and then all the sudden closes so i im not sure if the piston is pushing it back up or if it just closes by itself.
    86 Accord LXI HB

Pacesetter Header, Gutted Cat, Monza Exhaust 2.25", Bosch Plug Wires, Msd Blaster 2 Coil, NGK Plugs, Custom Cold Air, Centerforce Stage 1 Clutch, Fel Pro Head Gasket, Rebuilt Head, Integra Tranny Conversion, Delta 282 .430" Cam Grind

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    SI the company
    - llia

Vehicle
    88 LXi
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipknotcraig133
    Just got my car back today from getting the handles shaved and my new cam showed up today as well. Put my new cam in and ajusted my valves and put it all back together. And nothing happened. So i checked timing and it was on. Also mad sure that it wasnt 180 out. Still nothing. Well i sat down and started to look at some stuff. I noticed that all of my valve stems are bent and are barly on the rocker. Im guess that the big cam that i had in it bent them. Is there any company that makes performance valves for the a20. Also i compression tested it and there is not a pound of compression.
    Did you turn it over by hand first?

Seems something is amiss be a monster lift to smash the pistons if its setup right.

Maybe you adjusted the valves at the wrong postions?

wp

SEi User
    Vehicle
    swifts/sprints boosted
    Isnt a20 non interference?

LX User
    Vehicle
    well when i ordered my cam from delta they sent me the wrong one i didnt notice it untill my car wouldnt stay running. Thats when i looked at the box. The cam i got was a 282 duration with 430 lift with valve lash set at .008. My other one i just got from them is the right one but when i put it in i noticed that the valve stems were bent.
    86 Accord LXI HB

Vehicle
    89 Lx-i
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipknotcraig133
    well when i ordered my cam from delta they sent me the wrong one i didnt notice it untill my car wouldnt stay running. Thats when i looked at the box. The cam i got was a 282 duration with 430 lift with valve lash set at .008. My other one i just got from them is the right one but when i put it in i noticed that the valve stems were bent.
    that's frustrating, to say the least. it might be cheap to buy a "new" valve train from the wrecker or another member. at the very least it would save you the trouble of setting the springs and seats and whatnot to factory spec.

good luck, sorry to hear about that
    Chris

click the car to see my picture archives

LX User
    Vehicle
    yea it sucks. I havent drove it in a while. I was happy to get my new cam and then i noticed this. Its weird it ran fine when i took the big cam out. Then got my handles shaved and my good cam shows up and this happends. I have a spare head. I have to wait untill thursday because thats when the head gasket is commin in. I was just wondering if there was and performance valves.
    86 Accord LXI HB